Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Who is Genji's best friend?
(a) To no Chujo.
2. What unavailable woman does Genji greatly desire at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Genji's father do to protect him?
(a) He changes his name.
(b) He deems him a commoner.
(c) He keeps him locked up.
(d) He gets him a body guard.
4. What happens to Genji's mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She becomes a nun.
(b) She falls ill and dies.
(c) She leaves Genji's father.
(d) She gives Genji up.
5. Why does Genji's father marry Fujitsubo?
(a) Because she looks like Genji's mother.
(b) She was in love with Genji's father.
(c) Their marriage was previously arranged.
(d) She was very wealthy.
6. Genji is in love with a woman whom he cannot have during the beginning of the novel. Who is this woman?
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
7. Who attempts to arrange a meeting between Genji and Utsusemi?
(a) Utsusemi's father.
(b) Utsusemi's brother.
(c) Tu no Chujo.
(d) Utsusemi's sister.
This section contains 3,577 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)