* The story takes place in Japan, and an Emperor is in love with a beautiful woman who is not completely of royal birth.
* The Emperor favors this woman and marries her. She gives birth to a son, Genji. The Emperor favors Genji over his other children. After some time passes, Genji's mother falls ill and dies.
* The Emperor marries another woman who closely resembles Genji's mother. Genji is deemed a commoner by his father. Genji is married to Aoi, as arranged by his father.
* Genji is obsessed with his father's wife, Fujitsubo. Genji begins a friendship with a man named, To no Chujo. To no Chujo and Genji talk about women and how they are not able to find a woman who posses the qualities they want.
* They decide that instead of finding one woman they will enjoy many. Genji attempts to seduce a woman, Utsusemi...
This section contains 2,321 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)