Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
2. What kind of comicality does Lane say is expressed on each page of Beatrix's books?
3. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
4. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
5. How is Beatrix described at the age of forty?
Beatrix's first serious romantic relationship was with Norman Warne. How did they meet? What sort of relationship did they have at first? How did they grow closer? How did Beatrix's parents react to their engagement? How did Beatrix handle Norman's death?
Discuss Beatrix's childhood. How did Beatrix spend her childhood? Did she have a happy childhood? What were her interests and hobbies as a child? What was her personality like as a child?
Discuss Lane's writing style? What is the writing style of the biography "The Tale of Beatrix Potter"? Is the writing style of this book similar to other biographies? Why might a clear and concise writing style be important for this type of work?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)