|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed about Beatrix when she went for a visit to America?
2. Why didn't Beatrix publish one of her books in Britain?
3. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
4. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
5. What does Lane say Beatrix was able to illustrate with her animal characters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicts which Beatrix faced during her life. Beatrix was often in conflict with her parents. What was often the cause of her conflicts with her parents? How did she overcome them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the struggles faced by Beatrix throughout her life. What struggles did Beatrix face in regards to her social life, to her career as a writer and illustrator, to her desire for independence, and to her love life? How did she overcome these struggles?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Beatrix's childhood. How did Beatrix spend her childhood? Did she have a happy childhood? What were her interests and hobbies as a child? What was her personality like as a child?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)