Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
2. What kind of comicality does Lane say is expressed on each page of Beatrix's books?
3. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
4. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
5. How is Beatrix described at the age of forty?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the struggles faced by Beatrix throughout her life. What struggles did Beatrix face in regards to her social life, to her career as a writer and illustrator, to her desire for independence, and to her love life? How did she overcome these struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the illustrations and photographs used. Why might these particular visual aids have been chosen? What do they tell the reader about Potter? Does a story develop based on the pictures?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Beatrix's venture into politics. Why did she become interested in politics? What aspects of politics did she become interested in? How did these interests relate to her work as a writer and illustrator?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)