|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what types of women are said to have sought Beatrix out?
2. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
3. According to the author, Beatrix's art was founded in __________.
4. In what year did Beatrix write "Johnny Town-Mouse"?
5. What kind of comicality does Lane say is expressed on each page of Beatrix's books?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the struggles faced by Beatrix throughout her life. What struggles did Beatrix face in regards to her social life, to her career as a writer and illustrator, to her desire for independence, and to her love life? How did she overcome these struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Beatrix's first serious romantic relationship was with Norman Warne. How did they meet? What sort of relationship did they have at first? How did they grow closer? How did Beatrix's parents react to their engagement? How did Beatrix handle Norman's death?
Essay Topic 3
"The Tale of Beatrix Potter" is an example of a biography. What are the elements of this genre? Why is "The Tale of Beatrix Potter" an example of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)