Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
2. What kind of comicality does Lane say is expressed on each page of Beatrix's books?
3. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
4. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
5. How is Beatrix described at the age of forty?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Beatrix's personality. How might one describe Beatrix's personality as a child? How did her personality change as she matured? What were her defining character traits?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Beatrix's love of nature. How did her childhood visits to Scotland influence her? How was Beatrix's love of nature reflected in her work? How did Beatrix's love of nature lead her to give up writing and pursue other endeavors?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the struggles faced by Beatrix throughout her life. What struggles did Beatrix face in regards to her social life, to her career as a writer and illustrator, to her desire for independence, and to her love life? How did she overcome these struggles?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)