|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though she owned her own home, how much of Beatrix's time was she expected to spend with her parents?
2. What happened after the decade of Beatrix's best writing?
3. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
4. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
5. What breed of sheep did Beatrix keep at Troutbeck Park?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of Beatrix's life. How did the Victorian and Edwardian values of the time shape and influence Beatrix's life? What did she think of Bolton Gardens? How did Scotland and the Lake District impact her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Beatrix's marriage to Mr William Heelis. How did Potter meet Heelis? Why did Beatrix's parents not allow the engagement at first? Where did Beatrix and William settle? Was Beatrix happy in her marriage? How did her marriage to William change her and her life?
Essay Topic 3
Publishing a written work was not easy for Beatrix to do. Why was it so difficult for Beatrix to find a publisher to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"? How did she go about publishing the book herself? Who finally expressed an interest in her work? What changes did Beatrix have to make to have her work published? How did the collaborative aspect of publishing bring her and her fiancé Norman closer together? Did Beatrix enjoy the publishing aspect of writing?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)