|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
2. Where was Beatrix born?
3. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
4. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
5. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
2. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
3. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
4. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
5. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
6. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
7. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
8. What does the reader learn about the Crompton family history?
9. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
10. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the climax of the biography. What takes place during the climax of the book? Why is this a climactic time in Beatrix's life? How does this time period impact her life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicts which Beatrix faced during her life. Beatrix was often in conflict with her parents. What was often the cause of her conflicts with her parents? How did she overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
Beatrix's first serious romantic relationship was with Norman Warne. How did they meet? What sort of relationship did they have at first? How did they grow closer? How did Beatrix's parents react to their engagement? How did Beatrix handle Norman's death?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)