|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
2. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
3. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
4. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
5. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
2. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
3. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
4. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
5. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
6. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
7. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
8. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
9. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
10. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Beatrix's life after she married. How did her life change after she married William Heelis? Why did she stop writing? What did she become passionate about? How did her personality change?
Essay Topic 2
"The Tale of Beatrix Potter" is an example of a biography. What are the elements of this genre? Why is "The Tale of Beatrix Potter" an example of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Beatrix's marriage to Mr William Heelis. How did Potter meet Heelis? Why did Beatrix's parents not allow the engagement at first? Where did Beatrix and William settle? Was Beatrix happy in her marriage? How did her marriage to William change her and her life?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)