|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
2. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
3. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
4. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
5. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
2. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
3. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
4. What happened when Beatrix wrote a paper on mold spores?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
6. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
7. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
8. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
9. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
10. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the struggles faced by Beatrix throughout her life. What struggles did Beatrix face in regards to her social life, to her career as a writer and illustrator, to her desire for independence, and to her love life? How did she overcome these struggles?
Essay Topic 2
"The Tale of Beatrix Potter" is an example of a biography. What are the elements of this genre? Why is "The Tale of Beatrix Potter" an example of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Beatrix's life after she married. How did her life change after she married William Heelis? Why did she stop writing? What did she become passionate about? How did her personality change?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)