Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
2. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
3. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
4. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
5. What was Beatrix's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
2. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
3. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
4. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
5. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
6. What does Lane say of the subtleties in Beatrix's stories?
7. How did Beatrix's parents react to her engagement to Mr. Heelis? How did her brother defend her?
8. How was Beatrix treated in America?
9. How was the artwork in Beatrix's books different from other children's books?
10. What softened Beatrix's reticence for interacting with the public?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the members of Beatrix's family. What were the defining characteristics of Beatrix's father, mother, and brother? What does the reader learn of Beatrix's family history? Did Beatrix get along well with her family? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the climax of the biography. What takes place during the climax of the book? Why is this a climactic time in Beatrix's life? How does this time period impact her life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret Beatrix Potter's canon of work. What are some common themes and motifs of the stories? Who are some of the more popular characters? Where did Beatrix gain inspiration from for the characters and settings of the books? Why were some of the stories more successful than others?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)