|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lessons did Beatrix take as an adult?
2. Who cracked the code in Beatrix's diary?
3. What interests did Miss Hammond encourage in Beatrix?
4. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
5. How large was the original "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
2. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
3. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
4. What does the reader learn about the Crompton family history?
5. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
6. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
7. What happened when Beatrix wrote a paper on mold spores?
8. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
9. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
10. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicts which Beatrix faced during her life. Beatrix was often in conflict with her parents. What was often the cause of her conflicts with her parents? How did she overcome them?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the members of Beatrix's family. What were the defining characteristics of Beatrix's father, mother, and brother? What does the reader learn of Beatrix's family history? Did Beatrix get along well with her family? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Beatrix yearned for a sense of independence from her parents. Why were her parents so strict, even when Beatrix was a woman of an advanced age? How did Beatrix gain a sense of independence? How did she finally leave her parents house?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)