|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Beatrix described as a child?
2. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
3. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
4. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
5. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Beatrix wrote a paper on mold spores?
2. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
3. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
4. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
5. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
6. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
7. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
8. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
9. What made Beatrix comfortable around Norman?
10. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicts which Beatrix faced during her life. Beatrix was often in conflict with her parents. What was often the cause of her conflicts with her parents? How did she overcome them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Beatrix's childhood. How did Beatrix spend her childhood? Did she have a happy childhood? What were her interests and hobbies as a child? What was her personality like as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the members of Beatrix's family. What were the defining characteristics of Beatrix's father, mother, and brother? What does the reader learn of Beatrix's family history? Did Beatrix get along well with her family? Why or why not?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)