|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
2. Who cracked the code in Beatrix's diary?
3. What did Beatrix use to help draw the art for "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
4. According to Chapter 4, Beatrix worried her publisher wouldn't like ________________.
5. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
2. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
3. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
4. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
5. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
6. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
7. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
8. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
9. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
10. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Beatrix's love of animals. What kinds of animals was she particularly fond of?
How did her love of animals influence her work and her life in general? Did her love of animals inspire her? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the biography "The Tale of Beatrix Potter." How did Lane decide to end the book? Is it a happy ending? Why or why not? Are there any surprises or unanswered questions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Beatrix's life after she married. How did her life change after she married William Heelis? Why did she stop writing? What did she become passionate about? How did her personality change?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)