|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
2. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
3. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
4. Where was Beatrix born?
5. What did Bertram's art focus on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
2. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
3. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
4. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
5. In what way was Beatrix's purchase of Hill Top Farm symbolic?
6. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
7. What interested Beatrix at Troutbeck Park?
8. What does Lane say was the core of Beatrix's genius?
9. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
10. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Beatrix's venture into politics. Why did she become interested in politics? What aspects of politics did she become interested in? How did these interests relate to her work as a writer and illustrator?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the members of Beatrix's family. What were the defining characteristics of Beatrix's father, mother, and brother? What does the reader learn of Beatrix's family history? Did Beatrix get along well with her family? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of Beatrix's life. How did the Victorian and Edwardian values of the time shape and influence Beatrix's life? What did she think of Bolton Gardens? How did Scotland and the Lake District impact her?
This section contains 1,406 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)