|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Beatrix born?
2. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
3. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
4. What was Beatrix's full name?
5. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
2. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
3. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
4. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
5. What does the reader learn about the Crompton family history?
6. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
7. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
8. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
9. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
10. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lane's writing style? What is the writing style of the biography "The Tale of Beatrix Potter"? Is the writing style of this book similar to other biographies? Why might a clear and concise writing style be important for this type of work?
Essay Topic 2
"The Tale of Beatrix Potter" is an example of a biography. What are the elements of this genre? Why is "The Tale of Beatrix Potter" an example of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of Beatrix's life. How did the Victorian and Edwardian values of the time shape and influence Beatrix's life? What did she think of Bolton Gardens? How did Scotland and the Lake District impact her?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)