|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
2. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
3. Why did Beatrix write a letter to five year old Noel Moore?
4. What was the surname of Beatrix's cousin Caroline?
5. What part of animal corpses would Beatrix and her brother keep?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
2. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
3. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
4. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
5. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
6. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
7. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
8. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
9. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
10. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the climax of the biography. What takes place during the climax of the book? Why is this a climactic time in Beatrix's life? How does this time period impact her life?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the members of Beatrix's family. What were the defining characteristics of Beatrix's father, mother, and brother? What does the reader learn of Beatrix's family history? Did Beatrix get along well with her family? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lane's writing style? What is the writing style of the biography "The Tale of Beatrix Potter"? Is the writing style of this book similar to other biographies? Why might a clear and concise writing style be important for this type of work?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)