|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
2. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
3. How are Caroline's political views described?
4. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
5. Where did Caroline have a home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
2. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
3. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
4. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
5. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
6. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
7. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
8. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
9. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
10. What happened when Beatrix wrote a paper on mold spores?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Beatrix's life after she married. How did her life change after she married William Heelis? Why did she stop writing? What did she become passionate about? How did her personality change?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Beatrix's marriage to Mr William Heelis. How did Potter meet Heelis? Why did Beatrix's parents not allow the engagement at first? Where did Beatrix and William settle? Was Beatrix happy in her marriage? How did her marriage to William change her and her life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the illustrations and photographs used. Why might these particular visual aids have been chosen? What do they tell the reader about Potter? Does a story develop based on the pictures?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)