|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
2. What kind of lessons did Beatrix take as an adult?
3. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
4. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
5. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
2. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
3. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
4. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
5. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
6. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
7. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
8. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
9. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
10. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Publishing a written work was not easy for Beatrix to do. Why was it so difficult for Beatrix to find a publisher to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"? How did she go about publishing the book herself? Who finally expressed an interest in her work? What changes did Beatrix have to make to have her work published? How did the collaborative aspect of publishing bring her and her fiancé Norman closer together? Did Beatrix enjoy the publishing aspect of writing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Beatrix's childhood. How did Beatrix spend her childhood? Did she have a happy childhood? What were her interests and hobbies as a child? What was her personality like as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicts which Beatrix faced during her life. Beatrix was often in conflict with her parents. What was often the cause of her conflicts with her parents? How did she overcome them?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)