|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fascinated Beatrix about Scotland during her childhood?
2. What was Beatrix's full name?
3. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
4. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
5. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
2. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
3. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
4. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
5. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
6. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
7. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
8. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
9. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
10. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the struggles faced by Beatrix throughout her life. What struggles did Beatrix face in regards to her social life, to her career as a writer and illustrator, to her desire for independence, and to her love life? How did she overcome these struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the climax of the biography. What takes place during the climax of the book? Why is this a climactic time in Beatrix's life? How does this time period impact her life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the biography "The Tale of Beatrix Potter." How did Lane decide to end the book? Is it a happy ending? Why or why not? Are there any surprises or unanswered questions?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)