|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common theme in Beatrix's work?
(a) Hunter and prey.
(b) Misbehaving children.
(c) Prince and pauper.
2. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
(a) A fan.
(b) An angry publisher.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) A friend from school.
3. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's best work after her 'golden decade'?
(a) Her integration into the village.
(b) Her National Trust work.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her work at Troutbeck.
4. What does Lane say amuses adults about Beatrix's works?
(a) The stories.
(b) The subtleties.
(c) The illustrations.
(d) The simplicity.
5. According to the author, Beatrix's water colors were perfect for ____________.
(a) The time they were published.
(c) Very young children.
(d) Beatrix's genre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Beatrix become engaged to in Chapter 5?
2. What enabled Beatrix to add a deeper level of reality to her characters?
3. How many books did Beatrix publish after her marriage?
4. What happened after the decade of Beatrix's best writing?
5. How old was Beatrix when she died?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)