|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories usually lack?
(a) A moral.
(b) An antagonist.
(c) A happy conclusion.
(d) A climax.
2. Who took care of Beatrix's property during World War I?
(a) Beatrix's father.
(d) A hired worker.
3. What kind of comicality does Lane say is expressed on each page of Beatrix's books?
4. How many children's books did Beatrice write in the eight years after she purchased her farm?
5. What was the name of the village local to Beatrix's farm?
(d) Swan Hollow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Beatrix excited to show off at local county fairs?
2. What happened on Beatrix's farm just before World War I ended?
3. What animal did Beatrix note as being graceful and intelligent?
4. What does Lane say amuses adults about Beatrix's works?
5. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What side projects did Beatrix pass her time with when she was not at her farm?
2. Where did Beatrix settle her mother after her father's death?
3. What became a problem for Beatrix due to her success and increasing fame?
4. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories lacked?
5. In what way was Beatrix's purchase of Hill Top Farm symbolic?
6. What interested Beatrix at Troutbeck Park?
7. How was the artwork in Beatrix's books different from other children's books?
8. How did Beatrix feel about being a celebrity?
9. According to Lane, what put an end to Beatrix's best writing years?
10. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)