|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Beatrix when she died?
(a) Sixty-two years old.
(b) Seventy-seven years old.
(c) Eighty-four years old.
(d) Seventy-one years old.
2. Which characters did Beatrix imbue with a sense of pride and self-reliance?
(a) Her rabbit characters.
(b) Her child characters.
(c) Her foreign characters.
(d) Her housewife characters.
3. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
(a) Two thousand acres.
(b) Five hundred acres.
(c) Twenty-four acres.
(d) Four thousand acres.
4. What does Lane say Beatrix was able to illustrate with her animal characters?
(b) England's biodiversity.
(d) Human emotion.
5. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed of sheep did Beatrix keep at Troutbeck Park?
2. How long did Beatrix's tenant farmer work on the farm after she bought it?
3. In Chapter 5, what is said to have become a problem for Beatrix as she got more famous?
4. How is Beatrix described at the age of forty?
5. What language did Beatrix work to translate her books into?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)