|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
2. According to the author, Beatrix's art was founded in __________.
3. Dolls from which country overloaded the marketplace?
4. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's best work after her 'golden decade'?
(a) Her work at Troutbeck.
(b) Her National Trust work.
(c) Her integration into the village.
(d) Her marriage.
5. What did Beatrix focus on producing in 1910?
(a) A novel for adults.
(b) A museum exhibition.
(d) Sets for a theatrical production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Beatrix note as being graceful and intelligent?
2. In Chapter 7, what types of women are said to have sought Beatrix out?
3. What did Beatrix initially plan to do with her farm?
4. In Chapter 7, for what animal did Beatrix develop an interest?
5. What health issue did Beatrix face in 1939?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
2. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's greatest achievement after her 'golden decade' of writing?
3. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories lacked?
4. What interested Beatrix at Troutbeck Park?
5. What event does Lane consider as marking the end of Beatrix's creative period?
6. What does Lane suggest allowed Beatrix to add a deeper level of reality to her characters?
7. How did Beatrix prepare for her operation in 1939?
8. According to Lane, what put an end to Beatrix's best writing years?
9. How did Beatrix's parents react to her engagement to Mr. Heelis? How did her brother defend her?
10. What side projects did Beatrix pass her time with when she was not at her farm?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)