|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Beatrix described at the age of forty?
(a) As plump.
(b) As priggish.
(c) As persistent.
(d) As proud.
2. What animal was central to the financing of Beatrix's farm?
3. How many children's books did Beatrice write in the eight years after she purchased her farm?
4. Beatrix's marriage marked the end of____________.
(a) Her fantasy period.
(b) Her creative period.
(c) Her abstract period.
(d) Her children's literature period.
5. How did Beatrix feel about being famous in her middle age?
Short Answer Questions
1. After buying her farm, whom did Beatrix often depict in her books?
2. How did Beatrix feel about her demanding lifestyle after she married?
3. How did Beatrix describe the interactions of her Troutbeck sheep?
4. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
5. What animal did Beatrix note as being graceful and intelligent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lane say of the subtleties in Beatrix's stories?
2. What was Beatrix's "The Fairy Caravan" about?
3. What became a problem for Beatrix due to her success and increasing fame?
4. How did Beatrix feel about old age?
5. What inspired Beatrix's story, "Roly-Poly Pudding"?
6. How was the artwork in Beatrix's books different from other children's books?
7. In what way was Beatrix's purchase of Hill Top Farm symbolic?
8. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
9. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories lacked?
10. What softened Beatrix's reticence for interacting with the public?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)