|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beatrix publish her later stories?
(a) To prove to her publisher that she could still sell books.
(b) To make money.
(c) To regain her previous glory.
(d) To show appreciation to her American fans.
2. What is characteristic of many of the locations in Beatrix's books?
(a) They are free of humans.
(b) They are named after her friends.
(c) They are real.
(d) They are imaginary.
3. Even though she owned her own home, how much of Beatrix's time was she expected to spend with her parents?
(a) Ninety percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Seventy-five percent.
(d) Twenty percent.
4. What was the name of the village local to Beatrix's farm?
(d) Swan Hollow.
5. What was Beatrix mesmerized by at Troutbeck?
(a) The mysterious fog.
(b) The scenery.
(c) The kindness of the locals.
(d) The size of the plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
2. Over a span of how many years did Beatrix's best writing take place?
3. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
4. What did Beatrix's brother confess when his parents objected to Beatrix's second engagement?
5. What inspired the locals to think of Beatrix as an eccentric?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event does Lane consider as marking the end of Beatrix's creative period?
2. Why did Beatrix publish "The Fairy Caravan"? Why didn't she release it in Britain?
3. What became a problem for Beatrix due to her success and increasing fame?
4. What inspired Beatrix's story, "Roly-Poly Pudding"?
5. Where did Beatrix settle her mother after her father's death?
6. What side projects did Beatrix pass her time with when she was not at her farm?
7. How was the artwork in Beatrix's books different from other children's books?
8. What does Lane say caused "Sister Anne" to fail?
9. How did Beatrix's parents react to her engagement to Mr. Heelis? How did her brother defend her?
10. How was Beatrix treated in America?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)