|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of sheep did Beatrix keep at Troutbeck Park?
(a) Southdown sheep.
(b) Nolana sheep.
(c) Hardwick sheep.
(d) Drysdale sheep.
2. Dolls from which country overloaded the marketplace?
3. What was the name of the tenant farmer of Beatrix's farm?
(a) John Cartwright.
(b) John Cannon.
(c) John Caldwell.
(d) John Calders.
4. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
(a) She was unhappy in her marriage.
(b) She was losing her memory.
(c) She did not plan to write anymore.
(d) She hated farm life.
5. What were the books Beatrix published after her marriage based on?
(b) Historical figures.
(c) Her previous work.
(d) Traditional fairy tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrix's marriage marked the end of____________.
2. What did Beatrix focus on producing in 1910?
3. What does Lane say is a fine art for which Beatrix had a talent?
4. What changed about Beatrix when she went for a visit to America?
5. What kind of comicality does Lane say is expressed on each page of Beatrix's books?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix feel about being a celebrity?
2. What does Lane say of the subtleties in Beatrix's stories?
3. What happened in Beatrix's life just before World War I ended?
4. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
5. How did Beatrix feel about old age?
6. What inspired Beatrix's story, "Roly-Poly Pudding"?
7. How was Beatrix's time at Hill Top Farm reflected in the books she published?
8. Why did Beatrix publish "The Fairy Caravan"? Why didn't she release it in Britain?
9. How did Beatrix prepare for her operation in 1939?
10. In what way was Beatrix's purchase of Hill Top Farm symbolic?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)