|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dolls from which country overloaded the marketplace?
2. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
(a) Seeing animals slaughtered.
(b) The financial expenses.
(c) The long work hours.
(d) Earning respect as a woman farmer.
3. Whom did Beatrix become engaged to in Chapter 5?
(a) William Healey.
(b) William Harper.
(c) William Heelis.
(d) William Hawkes.
4. According to the author, Beatrix's art was founded in __________.
5. What was the name of the village local to Beatrix's farm?
(c) Swan Hollow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix initially plan to do with her farm?
2. What was the name of the tenant farmer of Beatrix's farm?
3. What kind of message did Beatrix's setting help convey?
4. What did Beatrix focus on producing in 1910?
5. After buying her farm, whom did Beatrix often depict in her books?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interested Beatrix at Troutbeck Park?
2. How was Beatrix treated in America?
3. What does Lane say was the core of Beatrix's genius?
4. How was the artwork in Beatrix's books different from other children's books?
5. What event does Lane consider as marking the end of Beatrix's creative period?
6. How did Beatrix prepare for her operation in 1939?
7. What became a problem for Beatrix due to her success and increasing fame?
8. What inspired Beatrix's story, "Roly-Poly Pudding"?
9. What does Lane suggest allowed Beatrix to add a deeper level of reality to her characters?
10. Where did Beatrix settle her mother after her father's death?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)