|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, for what animal did Beatrix develop an interest?
2. What was the name of the second farm Beatrix bought in 1909?
(a) Fortress Farm.
(b) Castle Farm.
(c) Kingdom Farm.
(d) Camelot Farm.
3. Which individuals impressed Beatrix in Chapter 8?
(b) Animal breeders.
4. Even though she owned her own home, how much of Beatrix's time was she expected to spend with her parents?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Seventy-five percent.
(c) Ninety percent.
(d) Twenty percent.
5. Beatrix's marriage marked the end of____________.
(a) Her abstract period.
(b) Her children's literature period.
(c) Her creative period.
(d) Her fantasy period.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
2. What was the name of the tenant farmer of Beatrix's farm?
3. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's best work after her 'golden decade'?
4. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
5. Which area of England did Beatrix fight to protect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lane say was the core of Beatrix's genius?
2. What side projects did Beatrix pass her time with when she was not at her farm?
3. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories lacked?
4. What does Lane suggest allowed Beatrix to add a deeper level of reality to her characters?
5. What softened Beatrix's reticence for interacting with the public?
6. How did Beatrix feel about old age?
7. What was Beatrix's "The Fairy Caravan" about?
8. What does Lane say caused "Sister Anne" to fail?
9. What were Beatrix's initial plans for Hill Top Farm and its tenant farmer?
10. What does Lane say about the settings of Beatrix's stories?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)