|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix excited to show off at local county fairs?
(a) Her art work.
(b) Her affection for the community.
(c) Her farm animals.
(d) Her baking skills.
2. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
(a) Two thousand acres.
(b) Four thousand acres.
(c) Five hundred acres.
(d) Twenty-four acres.
3. How did Beatrix feel about her demanding lifestyle after she married?
4. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
(a) They were amateurish.
(b) They were easily imitated by children.
(c) They were well executed.
(d) They were sweet.
5. Why did Beatrix publish her later stories?
(a) To regain her previous glory.
(b) To show appreciation to her American fans.
(c) To make money.
(d) To prove to her publisher that she could still sell books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a common theme in Beatrix's work?
2. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
3. What does Lane say amuses adults about Beatrix's works?
4. Which individuals impressed Beatrix in Chapter 8?
5. How did other books choose to illustrate animal characters?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)