|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lane NOT say is expressed in Beatrix's works?
(a) Natural Beauty.
2. In her later years, what did Beatrix believe would depress her?
(b) Growing old.
(d) Her gray hair.
3. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
(a) Charity work.
(d) Raising a family.
4. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
(a) Bluebird Meadow Farm.
(b) Mountain Lane Farm.
(c) Hill Top Farm.
(d) Ambling Acres Farm.
5. Why did Beatrix hate change?
(a) She loved the good features of past times.
(b) She loved routine.
(c) She disliked surprises or mysteries.
(d) She became confused easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrix express her sense of through her characters?
2. In what year did Beatrix write "Johnny Town-Mouse"?
3. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
4. What does Lane say is a fine art for which Beatrix had a talent?
5. Which characters did Beatrix imbue with a sense of pride and self-reliance?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)