|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
(a) Mountain Lane Farm.
(b) Hill Top Farm.
(c) Bluebird Meadow Farm.
(d) Ambling Acres Farm.
2. What is characteristic of many of the locations in Beatrix's books?
(a) They are free of humans.
(b) They are real.
(c) They are named after her friends.
(d) They are imaginary.
3. How old was Beatrix when she died?
(a) Sixty-two years old.
(b) Seventy-seven years old.
(c) Eighty-four years old.
(d) Seventy-one years old.
4. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
(c) Charity work.
(d) Raising a family.
5. In what year did Beatrix write "Johnny Town-Mouse"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's best work after her 'golden decade'?
2. How did Beatrix set about protecting her chosen area of England?
3. Lane describes the seam running underneath the main narrative of Beatrix's work as__________.
4. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories usually lack?
5. In Chapter 7, for what animal did Beatrix develop an interest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
2. What event does Lane consider as marking the end of Beatrix's creative period?
3. What does Lane say was the core of Beatrix's genius?
4. What interested Beatrix at Troutbeck Park?
5. How was Beatrix's time at Hill Top Farm reflected in the books she published?
6. In what way was Beatrix's purchase of Hill Top Farm symbolic?
7. What does Lane say about the settings of Beatrix's stories?
8. How did Beatrix feel about being a celebrity?
9. What does Lane suggest allowed Beatrix to add a deeper level of reality to her characters?
10. What inspired Beatrix's story, "Roly-Poly Pudding"?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)