|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though she owned her own home, how much of Beatrix's time was she expected to spend with her parents?
(a) Seventy-five percent.
(b) Ninety percent.
(c) Twenty percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
2. Beatrix's marriage marked the end of____________.
(a) Her children's literature period.
(b) Her fantasy period.
(c) Her abstract period.
(d) Her creative period.
3. What animal was central to the financing of Beatrix's farm?
4. What was the name of the tenant farmer of Beatrix's farm?
(a) John Cannon.
(b) John Cartwright.
(c) John Caldwell.
(d) John Calders.
5. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's best work after her 'golden decade'?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her work at Troutbeck.
(c) Her integration into the village.
(d) Her National Trust work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
2. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
3. How did Beatrix set about protecting her chosen area of England?
4. What was Beatrix excited to show off at local county fairs?
5. What was the name of the work Beatrix published only in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspired Beatrix's story, "Roly-Poly Pudding"?
2. How did Beatrix feel about being a celebrity?
3. How was Beatrix treated in America?
4. What interested Beatrix at Troutbeck Park?
5. What was Beatrix's "The Fairy Caravan" about?
6. What does Lane say caused "Sister Anne" to fail?
7. What does Lane suggest allowed Beatrix to add a deeper level of reality to her characters?
8. How was Beatrix's time at Hill Top Farm reflected in the books she published?
9. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
10. What became a problem for Beatrix due to her success and increasing fame?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)