|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix write a paper about which was given to the Linnaean Society of London?
(a) Mosses native to Scotland.
(b) Disappearing tree species.
(d) Mold spores.
2. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
3. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
(a) He was younger than Beatrix.
(b) He was a publisher.
(c) He was wealthy.
(d) He was a social climber.
4. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
(a) Shop interiors.
(b) Farm animals.
5. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
(a) Rock formations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
2. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
3. Who was Miss Hammond?
4. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
5. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
2. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
3. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
4. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
5. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
6. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
7. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
8. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
9. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
10. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)