|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surname of Beatrix's cousin Caroline?
2. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
(a) Create her own world.
(b) Ignore her parents' wisdom.
(c) Make many friends.
(d) Approach strangers.
3. What would Beatrix's father do in the summer during their vacation?
(c) Hunt and fish.
(d) Gamble and play sports.
4. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Negotiate with the publisher.
(b) Arrange an advertising campaign.
(c) Secure her copyrights.
(d) Buy a house.
5. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
2. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
3. How are Caroline's political views described?
4. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
5. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
2. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
3. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
4. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
5. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
6. What made Beatrix comfortable around Norman?
7. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
8. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
9. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
10. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)