|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
(a) He was a publisher.
(b) He was a social climber.
(c) He was younger than Beatrix.
(d) He was wealthy.
2. How are Caroline's political views described?
(a) As eccentric.
(b) As radical.
(c) As liberal.
(d) As conservative.
3. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
(a) Amateur photography.
(c) Bird watching.
(d) Stage acting.
4. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His assertiveness.
(c) His friendliness.
(d) His naivete.
5. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Two ceramic mice figurines.
(b) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(c) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(d) Norman's pet mice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
2. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
3. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
4. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
5. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
2. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
3. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
4. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
5. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
6. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
7. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
8. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
9. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
10. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)