|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As glamorous.
(b) As eccentric.
(c) As creative.
(d) As naive.
2. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
(a) Thirty-five years old.
(b) Nearly thirty years old.
(c) Forty-five years old.
(d) Nearly forty years old.
3. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
(a) St. Valentine's Day.
4. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
(a) Organized religion.
(b) Eating meat.
(d) Women working.
5. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
(a) She became serious.
(b) She became distrustful.
(c) She became short-tempered.
(d) She became more shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
2. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
3. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
4. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
5. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
2. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
3. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
4. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
5. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
6. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
7. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
8. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
9. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
10. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)