|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Two ceramic mice figurines.
(b) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(c) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(d) Norman's pet mice.
2. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her critics.
(c) Becoming an adult.
(d) Living in the city.
3. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) A Liberal.
(b) A hillbilly.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A Scottish Calvinist.
4. When was Beatrix born?
(a) November 4th, 1861.
(b) July 28th, 1866.
(c) January 10th, 1865.
(d) April 19th, 1862.
5. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
(a) "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny."
(b) "The Tale of Velvet Bunny."
(c) "The Tale of Poppy Bunny."
(d) "The Tale of Flopsy Bunny."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bertram's art focus on?
2. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
3. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
4. According to Chapter 4, Beatrix worried her publisher wouldn't like ________________.
5. How are Caroline's political views described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
2. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
3. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
4. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
5. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
6. What happened when Beatrix wrote a paper on mold spores?
7. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
8. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
9. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
10. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)