Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(b) Her home.
(c) Her fashion.
2. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
(a) It is in rhyme.
(b) It is more adult.
(c) It is about human characters.
(d) It is more diverse.
3. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Negotiate with the publisher.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Arrange an advertising campaign.
(d) Secure her copyrights.
4. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
(a) Easter, 1902.
(b) New Year's Day, 1902.
(c) May Day, 1902.
(d) Christmas, 1902.
5. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
2. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
3. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
4. What part of animal corpses would Beatrix and her brother keep?
5. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
2. Why did Beatrix publish "The Fairy Caravan"? Why didn't she release it in Britain?
3. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's greatest achievement after her 'golden decade' of writing?
4. What does Lane say about the settings of Beatrix's stories?
5. What side projects did Beatrix pass her time with when she was not at her farm?
6. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
7. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
8. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
9. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
10. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)