|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
(c) Victoria Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
2. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
(d) Painting and writing.
3. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
(a) He was wealthy.
(b) He was younger than Beatrix.
(c) He was a social climber.
(d) He was a publisher.
4. How is Beatrix described as a child?
(a) Passive, forlorn, and awkward.
(b) Carefree, silly, and sweet.
(c) Quiet, solitary, and observant.
(d) Loud, resilient, and stubborn.
5. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would rest.
(b) They would visit their loved ones.
(c) They would clean the home.
(d) They would accompany the Potters.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
2. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
3. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
4. What did Beatrix do in the countryside while visiting Caroline?
5. How are Caroline's political views described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
2. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
3. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
5. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
6. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
7. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
8. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
9. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
10. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)