|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interests did Miss Hammond encourage in Beatrix?
(a) Her interest in farming.
(b) Her interest in writing.
(c) Her interest in travel.
(d) Her interest in nature.
2. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
(a) Her travels.
(b) Her pets.
(c) Her ambitions.
(d) Her family's past.
3. Norman died of________.
4. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Press them.
(c) Trade their seeds.
(d) Draw them.
5. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
(a) May Day, 1902.
(b) Christmas, 1902.
(c) Easter, 1902.
(d) New Year's Day, 1902.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
2. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
3. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
4. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
5. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
2. What does the reader learn about the Crompton family history?
3. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
4. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
5. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
6. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
7. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
8. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
9. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
10. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)