|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
2. What was the name of Beatrix's hedgehog character?
(a) Jeremy Fisher.
(b) Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle.
(c) Cecily Parsley.
(d) Miss Moppet.
3. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
(a) Twenty-eight years old.
(b) Thirty-two years old.
(c) Twenty-four years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
4. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
(a) Gender equality.
(b) Religious equality.
(c) Racial equality.
(d) Workplace equality.
5. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
(d) Her parents' disapproval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
2. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
3. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
4. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
5. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
2. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
3. What was Beatrix's "The Fairy Caravan" about?
4. According to Lane, what put an end to Beatrix's best writing years?
5. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
6. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
7. What does the reader learn about the Crompton family history?
8. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
9. What event does Lane consider as marking the end of Beatrix's creative period?
10. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)