|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
2. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
(d) Rock formations.
3. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
(a) Her charitable donations.
(b) Her feud with her brother.
(c) Her distance from them.
(d) Her stories' subject matter.
4. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(c) Her fashion.
(d) Her home.
5. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
(a) Nearly thirty years old.
(b) Thirty-five years old.
(c) Forty-five years old.
(d) Nearly forty years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
2. How large was the original "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
3. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
4. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
5. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
2. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
4. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
5. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
6. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
7. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
8. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
9. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
10. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)