|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
(a) Beatrix's theories.
(b) Beatrix's credentials.
(c) Beatrix's talent.
(d) Beatrix's sanity.
2. How did Beatrix's parents become wealthy?
(a) They inherited their money.
(b) They were lucky with stocks.
(c) Her father worked constantly.
(d) Her mother had an excellent business sense.
3. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
(a) Thirty-two years old.
(b) Twenty-four years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Twenty-eight years old.
4. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
(c) Her parents' disapproval.
5. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
(a) He was wealthy.
(b) He was a publisher.
(c) He was a social climber.
(d) He was younger than Beatrix.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
2. What did Bertram's art focus on?
3. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
4. As children, what would Beatrix and her brother do with animal corpses?
5. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
2. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
3. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
4. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
5. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
6. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
7. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
8. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
9. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
10. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)