|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
(d) St. Valentine's Day.
2. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) Characteristics of certain plants.
(b) Adventures around the world.
(c) The people who lived nearby.
(d) The animals she saw.
3. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
(a) Make many friends.
(b) Create her own world.
(c) Approach strangers.
(d) Ignore her parents' wisdom.
4. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
(a) Gender equality.
(b) Workplace equality.
(c) Religious equality.
(d) Racial equality.
5. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
2. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
3. When was Beatrix born?
4. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
5. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
2. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
3. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
4. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
5. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
6. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
7. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
8. What does the reader learn about the Crompton family history?
9. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
10. What happened when Beatrix wrote a paper on mold spores?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)