|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Twenty-four years old.
(c) Thirty-two years old.
(d) Twenty-eight years old.
2. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
(a) Mundane and routine.
(b) Full of unimportant affairs.
(c) Hectic and chaotic.
(d) Empty and rather sad.
3. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
(a) Mean and cranky.
(b) Original and wild.
(c) Sad and forgiving.
(d) Cold and standoffish.
4. Where was Beatrix born?
(a) Willowdown Valley.
(b) Clifton Heights.
(d) Bolton Gardens.
5. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
(a) Nearly forty years old.
(b) Nearly thirty years old.
(c) Thirty-five years old.
(d) Forty-five years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
2. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
3. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
4. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
5. When was Beatrix born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
2. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
3. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
4. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
6. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
7. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
8. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
9. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
10. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)