|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
(a) Beatrix's talent.
(b) Beatrix's credentials.
(c) Beatrix's sanity.
(d) Beatrix's theories.
2. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
3. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
(a) She became more shy.
(b) She became short-tempered.
(c) She became serious.
(d) She became distrustful.
4. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) The people who lived nearby.
(b) The animals she saw.
(c) Adventures around the world.
(d) Characteristics of certain plants.
5. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
2. What was Beatrix's father's name?
3. Where did Caroline have a home?
4. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
5. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
2. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
3. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
4. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
5. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
6. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
7. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
8. What does the reader learn about the Crompton family history?
9. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
10. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)