|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Beatrix's father do in the summer during their vacation?
(a) Gamble and play sports.
(b) Hunt and fish.
2. Where did Caroline have a home?
(c) Holcombe Hill.
(d) Harescombe Grange.
3. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
4. What interests did Miss Hammond encourage in Beatrix?
(a) Her interest in travel.
(b) Her interest in nature.
(c) Her interest in farming.
(d) Her interest in writing.
5. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
(a) His assertiveness.
(b) His friendliness.
(c) His naivete.
(d) His shyness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
2. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
3. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
4. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
5. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
2. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
3. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
4. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
5. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
6. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
7. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
8. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
9. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
10. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)