|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(b) Cut the story down by five pages.
(c) Color her drawings.
(d) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
2. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
(a) Plants and animals.
3. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
4. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
5. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A rabbit hutch.
(d) A printing press.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Beatrix described as a child?
2. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
3. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
4. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
5. What did Beatrix write a paper about which was given to the Linnaean Society of London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
2. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
3. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
4. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
5. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
6. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
7. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
8. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
9. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
10. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)