|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
(a) Amateur photography.
(c) Stage acting.
(d) Bird watching.
2. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
3. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
(a) She became more shy.
(b) She became distrustful.
(c) She became serious.
(d) She became short-tempered.
4. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
(a) Full of unimportant affairs.
(b) Hectic and chaotic.
(c) Empty and rather sad.
(d) Mundane and routine.
5. What did Beatrix do in the countryside while visiting Caroline?
(a) Caught butterflied.
(b) Photographed animals.
(c) Hunted fowl.
(d) Wrote poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
2. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
3. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
5. What began to influence Beatrix's personality during her childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
2. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
3. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
4. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
5. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
6. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
7. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
8. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
9. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
10. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)