|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bertram's art focus on?
(b) The Lake District.
(c) The English coast.
(d) The Scottish countryside.
2. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Negotiate with the publisher.
(c) Arrange an advertising campaign.
(d) Secure her copyrights.
3. According to Chapter 4, Beatrix worried her publisher wouldn't like ________________.
(a) Her story's moral.
(b) Her water color illustrations.
(c) Her rhymes.
(d) Her characters.
4. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
(d) Painting and writing.
5. What was Beatrix's full name?
(a) Melanie Beatrix Potter.
(b) Lucy Beatrix Potter.
(c) Helen Beatrix Potter.
(d) Jane Beatrix Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
2. How many copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" did Beatrix have printed originally?
3. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
4. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
5. What would Beatrix's father do in the summer during their vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
2. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
3. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
4. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
5. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
6. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
7. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
8. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
9. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
10. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)