|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(a) Her fashion.
(b) Her home.
2. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His friendliness.
(c) His naivete.
(d) His assertiveness.
3. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
(a) It is about human characters.
(b) It is more adult.
(c) It is in rhyme.
(d) It is more diverse.
4. How is Beatrix described as a child?
(a) Loud, resilient, and stubborn.
(b) Quiet, solitary, and observant.
(c) Passive, forlorn, and awkward.
(d) Carefree, silly, and sweet.
5. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
2. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
3. Why did Beatrix write a letter to five year old Noel Moore?
4. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
5. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
2. What made Beatrix comfortable around Norman?
3. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
4. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
5. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
6. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
7. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
8. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
9. What does the reader learn about the Crompton family history?
10. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)