Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
(a) Her family's past.
(b) Her travels.
(c) Her ambitions.
(d) Her pets.
2. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
(a) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
(b) Mrs. Potter.
(d) Mr. Potter.
3. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Her critics.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Living in the city.
(d) Becoming an adult.
4. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
(a) A professor.
(b) A Scottish laird.
(c) A vicar.
(d) A reporter.
5. What was Beatrix's father's name?
(a) James Potter.
(b) Lenny Potter.
(c) Rupert Potter.
(d) Gerald Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
2. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
3. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
4. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
5. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
2. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
3. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
4. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
5. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
6. What does Lane say of the subtleties in Beatrix's stories?
7. How did Beatrix's parents react to her engagement to Mr. Heelis? How did her brother defend her?
8. How was Beatrix treated in America?
9. How was the artwork in Beatrix's books different from other children's books?
10. What softened Beatrix's reticence for interacting with the public?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)