|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
(a) Mrs. Potter.
(b) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
(d) Mr. Potter.
2. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
(a) They were uncolored.
(b) They were amateur.
(c) They were not abstract.
(d) They were not realistic.
3. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Her critics.
(b) Living in the city.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Becoming an adult.
4. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Lutherans.
(b) The Presbyterians.
(c) The Unitarians.
(d) The Mormons.
5. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(b) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(c) Norman's pet mice.
(d) Two ceramic mice figurines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Caroline's political views described?
2. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
3. Who cracked the code in Beatrix's diary?
4. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
5. What did Beatrix do in the countryside while visiting Caroline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
2. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
3. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
5. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
6. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
7. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
8. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
9. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
10. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)