|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Beatrix finish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
2. What did Beatrix use to help draw the art for "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(d) Norman's pet mice.
3. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
(b) Cut the story down by five pages.
(c) Color her drawings.
(d) Find a more experienced illustrator.
4. What part of animal corpses would Beatrix and her brother keep?
(a) No parts.
(b) The teeth.
(c) The bones.
(d) The skins.
5. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
(a) Draw them.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Trade their seeds.
(d) Press them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
2. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
3. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
4. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
5. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Beatrix wrote a paper on mold spores?
2. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
3. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
4. What made Beatrix comfortable around Norman?
5. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
6. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
7. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
8. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
9. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
10. How was Beatrix viewed socially as she grew up and became an adult?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)