|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surname of Beatrix's cousin Caroline?
2. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
(b) Cut the story down by five pages.
(c) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(d) Color her drawings.
3. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
4. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
(a) Workplace equality.
(b) Racial equality.
(c) Gender equality.
(d) Religious equality.
5. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
(a) Mr. Potter.
(b) Mrs. Potter.
(c) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
2. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
3. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
4. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
5. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
2. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
3. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
4. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
5. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
6. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
7. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
8. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
9. What did Bertram and Beatrix do together as children?
10. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)