|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beatrix's parents become wealthy?
(a) They inherited their money.
(b) Her mother had an excellent business sense.
(c) Her father worked constantly.
(d) They were lucky with stocks.
2. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
(a) May Day, 1902.
(b) Easter, 1902.
(c) New Year's Day, 1902.
(d) Christmas, 1902.
3. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
4. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
(a) They didn't understand it.
(b) They were frightened by it.
(c) They were bored by it.
(d) They loved it.
5. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its coldness.
(b) Its lavishness.
(c) Its vibrancy.
(d) Its solemnity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix use to help draw the art for "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
2. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
3. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
4. Norman died of________.
5. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
2. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
3. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
4. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
5. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
6. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
7. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
8. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
9. How is Beatrix's cousin Caroline Hutton described in Chapter 4?
10. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)