|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) Complete obedience and faith.
(b) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
(c) Rigid and unforgiving.
(d) Calm and unenthusiastic.
2. What did Beatrix's parents worry about the Warnes?
(a) The Warnes would corrupt Beatrix.
(b) The Warnes were incompetent.
(c) The Warnes disliked them.
(d) The Warnes were stealing from Beatrix.
3. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
(a) He was a publisher.
(b) He was younger than Beatrix.
(c) He was wealthy.
(d) He was a social climber.
4. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) Characteristics of certain plants.
(b) The animals she saw.
(c) Adventures around the world.
(d) The people who lived nearby.
5. Who cracked the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Mr. Linder.
(b) Mr. Lowe.
(c) Mr. Little.
(d) Mr. Limpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
2. When was Beatrix born?
3. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
4. As children, what would Beatrix and her brother do with animal corpses?
5. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
2. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
3. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
4. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
5. How was the Warne family different from Beatrix's family?
6. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
7. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
8. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
9. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
10. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)