|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) Characteristics of certain plants.
(b) The animals she saw.
(c) The people who lived nearby.
(d) Adventures around the world.
2. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(b) Her home.
(d) Her fashion.
3. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
(a) It is more adult.
(b) It is in rhyme.
(c) It is about human characters.
(d) It is more diverse.
4. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As something to escape.
(b) As oppressive.
(c) As pretentious.
(d) As fun.
5. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
(c) Plants and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
2. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
3. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
4. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
5. What did Beatrix and her brother make together as children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
2. Why was Bolton Gardens full of excitement prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
3. Were Beatrix's parents religious?
4. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
5. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
6. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
7. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
8. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
9. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
10. What came from the diary found decades after Beatrix's death?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)