|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Miss Hammond?
(a) An author.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A schoolmistress.
2. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
3. Norman died of________.
4. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
(a) Original and wild.
(b) Cold and standoffish.
(c) Sad and forgiving.
(d) Mean and cranky.
5. What did Bertram's art focus on?
(a) The Scottish countryside.
(b) The English coast.
(d) The Lake District.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
2. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
3. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
4. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
5. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Beatrix think of her childhood surroundings?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
3. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
4. Describe Mrs. Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandmother.
5. What made Beatrix comfortable around Norman?
6. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
7. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
8. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
9. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
10. Describe the Potter family's schedule during Beatrix's childhood.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)