|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Trade their seeds.
(c) Draw them.
(d) Press them.
2. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) The ideas of familial love.
(b) The ideas of lightness and darkness.
(c) The ideas of animal behavior.
(d) The ideas of heredity.
3. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
(a) Ignore her parents' wisdom.
(b) Approach strangers.
(c) Create her own world.
(d) Make many friends.
4. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
(a) Painting and writing.
5. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Lutherans.
(b) The Mormons.
(c) The Unitarians.
(d) The Presbyterians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
2. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
3. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
4. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
5. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Beatrix comfortable around Norman?
2. Who was Canon Rawnsley?
3. How did Beatrix deal with the pain of Norman's death?
4. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
5. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
6. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
7. Why were Bertram and Beatrix in the countryside with their father?
8. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
9. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
10. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)