|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
(b) Complete obedience and faith.
(c) Calm and unenthusiastic.
(d) Rigid and unforgiving.
2. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) The animals she saw.
(b) Adventures around the world.
(c) Characteristics of certain plants.
(d) The people who lived nearby.
3. According to Chapter 4, Beatrix worried her publisher wouldn't like ________________.
(a) Her story's moral.
(b) Her rhymes.
(c) Her characters.
(d) Her water color illustrations.
4. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Lutherans.
(b) The Unitarians.
(c) The Mormons.
(d) The Presbyterians.
5. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
(a) Stage acting.
(b) Bird watching.
(c) Amateur photography.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
2. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
3. Why did Beatrix write a letter to five year old Noel Moore?
4. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
5. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
2. What happened when Beatrix considered illustrating a book on fungi?
3. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
4. Describe the Potters' interest in art.
5. What kind of job did Beatrix's father have? What did he do in his spare time?
6. What kind of lifestyle did Beatrix's parents live while in Bolton Gardens?
7. How did Beatrix and Norman grow closer to one another?
8. What did Bertram and Beatrix do with the animal corpses they found as children?
9. How did Beatrix go about printing her own copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
10. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)