|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Two ceramic mice figurines.
(b) Norman's pet mice.
(c) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(d) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
2. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
(a) For their father's business.
(b) To visit family.
(c) For safety.
(d) For their father's amusement.
3. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As oppressive.
(b) As pretentious.
(c) As fun.
(d) As something to escape.
4. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
(a) To France.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Scotland.
(d) To Spain.
5. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(b) Her fashion.
(d) Her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
2. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
3. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
4. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
5. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspired the story, "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
2. What did Beatrix think of Scotland?
3. What happened in Beatrix's life just before World War I ended?
4. What inspired Beatrix's story, "Roly-Poly Pudding"?
5. What does Lane say of the subtleties in Beatrix's stories?
6. How did Beatrix spend her days after Bertram left home?
7. What interested Beatrix at Troutbeck Park?
8. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's greatest achievement after her 'golden decade' of writing?
9. What did Beatrix's parents fear about the Warnes family? Why didn't Beatrix's parents want Beatrix to marry Norman?
10. How did Beatrix prepare for her operation in 1939?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)