|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
(a) She became more shy.
(b) She became serious.
(c) She became distrustful.
(d) She became short-tempered.
2. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
(a) The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes.
(b) The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan.
(c) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
(d) The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse.
3. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
(a) Picnic baskets.
(b) Animals carriers.
(c) Laundry bags.
(d) An easel and paintbox.
4. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
(a) To Scotland.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To France.
(d) To Spain.
5. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
(a) A vicar.
(b) A professor.
(c) A Scottish laird.
(d) A reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Beatrix's hedgehog character?
2. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
3. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
4. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
5. How large was the original "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Beatrix settle her mother after her father's death?
2. How did Beatrix feel about being a celebrity?
3. Why did Beatrix write letters to sick children in the 1880s? What were the letters about?
4. While in Gloucester, what story did Beatrix compose? What did she think of this story?
5. How was the artwork in Beatrix's books different from other children's books?
6. How did Beatrix prepare for her operation in 1939?
7. Describe Edmund Potter, Beatrix's grandfather.
8. How did Beatrix feel about her life growing up?
9. At the end of Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about Beatrix's beliefs?
10. What does Lane say about the settings of Beatrix's stories?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)