|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the work Beatrix published only in America?
(a) "The Mousetrap."
(b) "The Elephant of Palmer Road."
(c) "Willow Wonderland."
(d) "The Fairy Caravan."
2. What language did Beatrix work to translate her books into?
3. What was the name of the second farm Beatrix bought in 1909?
(a) Kingdom Farm.
(b) Fortress Farm.
(c) Castle Farm.
(d) Camelot Farm.
4. Whom did Beatrix become engaged to in Chapter 5?
(a) William Harper.
(b) William Healey.
(c) William Heelis.
(d) William Hawkes.
5. Over a span of how many years did Beatrix's best writing take place?
(a) Three years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
6. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
(a) They were easily imitated by children.
(b) They were well executed.
(c) They were amateurish.
(d) They were sweet.
7. Why did Beatrix publish her later stories?
(a) To prove to her publisher that she could still sell books.
(b) To show appreciation to her American fans.
(c) To make money.
(d) To regain her previous glory.
8. What does Lane say Beatrix was able to illustrate with her animal characters?
(a) England's biodiversity.
(b) Human emotion.
9. How old was Beatrix's father when he died?
10. What happened on Beatrix's farm just before World War I ended?
(a) Her pigs got sick and died.
(b) The harvest was ruined.
(c) Beatrix had a larger barn built.
(d) The farm house burned down.
11. How many books did Beatrix publish after her marriage?
12. How did Beatrix find children's literature was treated in America?
(a) With confusion.
(c) As a novelty.
(d) As an increasingly important genre.
13. What did Beatrix focus on producing in 1910?
(a) A museum exhibition.
(b) A novel for adults.
(d) Sets for a theatrical production.
14. Dolls from which country overloaded the marketplace?
15. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
(a) Five hundred acres.
(b) Four thousand acres.
(c) Two thousand acres.
(d) Twenty-four acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
2. How did Beatrix feel about her demanding lifestyle after she married?
3. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
4. Which of Beatrix's characters was made into a doll?
5. What was Beatrix excited to show off at local county fairs?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)