|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beatrix hate change?
(a) She loved the good features of past times.
(b) She disliked surprises or mysteries.
(c) She loved routine.
(d) She became confused easily.
2. Which area of England did Beatrix fight to protect?
(b) The Dorset coastline.
(c) The Lake District.
3. Which of Beatrix's characters was made into a doll?
(a) Jemima Puddle-Duck.
(b) Peter Rabbit.
(c) Tom Kitten.
(d) Timmy Tiptoes.
4. After buying her farm, whom did Beatrix often depict in her books?
(a) Film stars.
(b) Her parents.
(d) The local townspeople.
5. Over a span of how many years did Beatrix's best writing take place?
(a) Twenty-one years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Ten years.
6. Lane describes the seam running underneath the main narrative of Beatrix's work as__________.
7. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
(a) They were easily imitated by children.
(b) They were well executed.
(c) They were amateurish.
(d) They were sweet.
8. What was Beatrix keen to adopt after marrying?
(a) An optimistic attitude.
(b) A new lease on life.
(c) Her new name.
(d) A baby boy.
9. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
(a) Twenty-four acres.
(b) Five hundred acres.
(c) Four thousand acres.
(d) Two thousand acres.
10. What was Beatrix excited to show off at local county fairs?
(a) Her farm animals.
(b) Her art work.
(c) Her affection for the community.
(d) Her baking skills.
11. Dolls from which country overloaded the marketplace?
12. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
(a) She did not plan to write anymore.
(b) She was losing her memory.
(c) She was unhappy in her marriage.
(d) She hated farm life.
13. In what year did Beatrix write "Johnny Town-Mouse"?
14. To whom did Beatrix leave some of her copyrights?
(a) Her dearest fans.
(b) Bertram's widow.
(c) Her niece.
(d) Norman's nephew.
15. How did the books Beatrix published after her marriage compare to her others?
(a) They were incomparable.
(b) They were of superior quality.
(c) They were of lower quality.
(d) They were of equal quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on Beatrix's farm just before World War I ended?
2. Beatrix's marriage marked the end of____________.
3. What animal was central to the financing of Beatrix's farm?
4. What was the name of the village local to Beatrix's farm?
5. Which individuals impressed Beatrix in Chapter 8?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)