|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beatrix feel about her demanding lifestyle after she married?
2. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
(a) A friend from school.
(b) A fan.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) An angry publisher.
3. What breed of sheep did Beatrix keep at Troutbeck Park?
(a) Nolana sheep.
(b) Hardwick sheep.
(c) Drysdale sheep.
(d) Southdown sheep.
4. How long did Beatrix's tenant farmer work on the farm after she bought it?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven years.
5. What was Beatrix excited to show off at local county fairs?
(a) Her art work.
(b) Her farm animals.
(c) Her affection for the community.
(d) Her baking skills.
6. What happened on Beatrix's farm just before World War I ended?
(a) The harvest was ruined.
(b) Beatrix had a larger barn built.
(c) Her pigs got sick and died.
(d) The farm house burned down.
7. Even though she owned her own home, how much of Beatrix's time was she expected to spend with her parents?
(a) Seventy-five percent.
(b) Ninety percent.
(c) Fifty percent.
(d) Twenty percent.
8. What inspired the locals to think of Beatrix as an eccentric?
(a) Her farming methods.
(b) Her indifference to how she dressed.
(c) The way she talked to animals.
(d) The people who visited her.
9. How did Americans treat Beatrix?
(b) With indifference.
(c) As if she were a sideshow.
(d) With respect.
10. Which of Beatrix's American-published books was a failure?
(a) "The Fairy Caravan."
(b) "The Tale of Little Pig Robinson."
(c) "Wag-by Wall."
(d) "Sister Anne."
11. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
(a) She did not plan to write anymore.
(b) She hated farm life.
(c) She was unhappy in her marriage.
(d) She was losing her memory.
12. What was the name of the second farm Beatrix bought in 1909?
(a) Castle Farm.
(b) Camelot Farm.
(c) Kingdom Farm.
(d) Fortress Farm.
13. What kind of comicality does Lane say is expressed on each page of Beatrix's books?
14. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
15. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
(a) Two thousand acres.
(b) Five hundred acres.
(c) Four thousand acres.
(d) Twenty-four acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Beatrix write "Johnny Town-Mouse"?
2. What language did Beatrix work to translate her books into?
3. What does Lane say is a fine art for which Beatrix had a talent?
4. What does Lane say amuses adults about Beatrix's works?
5. How is the farm Beatrix purchased described?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)