|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the books Beatrix published after her marriage based on?
(a) Traditional fairy tales.
(c) Historical figures.
(d) Her previous work.
2. What was the name of the work Beatrix published only in America?
(a) "Willow Wonderland."
(b) "The Mousetrap."
(c) "The Elephant of Palmer Road."
(d) "The Fairy Caravan."
3. What animal did Beatrix note as being graceful and intelligent?
(d) Sheep dogs.
4. Dolls from which country overloaded the marketplace?
5. What 'vulgarity' does Lane note Beatrix's works lacked?
(c) Slang words.
(d) Contemporary references.
6. According to the author, Beatrix's art was founded in __________.
7. Why did Beatrix hate change?
(a) She disliked surprises or mysteries.
(b) She loved the good features of past times.
(c) She loved routine.
(d) She became confused easily.
8. What was the name of the village local to Beatrix's farm?
(d) Swan Hollow.
9. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
(a) Four thousand acres.
(b) Two thousand acres.
(c) Twenty-four acres.
(d) Five hundred acres.
10. What does Lane say Beatrix was able to illustrate with her animal characters?
(a) Human emotion.
(d) England's biodiversity.
11. Which of Beatrix's characters was made into a doll?
(a) Tom Kitten.
(b) Jemima Puddle-Duck.
(c) Peter Rabbit.
(d) Timmy Tiptoes.
12. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
(a) They were easily imitated by children.
(b) They were amateurish.
(c) They were well executed.
(d) They were sweet.
13. What did Beatrix focus on producing in 1910?
(b) A museum exhibition.
(c) Sets for a theatrical production.
(d) A novel for adults.
14. In Chapter 7, what types of women are said to have sought Beatrix out?
(a) Middle-aged ones.
(b) Sensible ones.
(c) Aristocratic ones.
(d) Bored ones.
15. Which individuals impressed Beatrix in Chapter 8?
(c) Animal breeders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was central to the financing of Beatrix's farm?
2. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
3. According to the author, Beatrix's water colors were perfect for ____________.
4. Lane describes the seam running underneath the main narrative of Beatrix's work as__________.
5. How long did Beatrix's tenant farmer work on the farm after she bought it?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)