|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did many members of the press think of Beatrix?
(a) She was delusional.
(b) She was dead.
(c) She was untalented.
(d) She was gullible.
2. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
(a) Mountain Lane Farm.
(b) Bluebird Meadow Farm.
(c) Ambling Acres Farm.
(d) Hill Top Farm.
3. What does Lane say Beatrix was able to illustrate with her animal characters?
(c) Human emotion.
(d) England's biodiversity.
4. In what year did Beatrix die?
5. What does Lane say is a fine art for which Beatrix had a talent?
(a) Dealing with publishers.
(b) Expressing truth through fantasy.
(c) Entertaining children and adults alike.
(d) Keeping her admiring public at a distance.
6. Which of Beatrix's characters was made into a doll?
(a) Timmy Tiptoes.
(b) Tom Kitten.
(c) Jemima Puddle-Duck.
(d) Peter Rabbit.
7. According to the author, Beatrix's water colors were perfect for ____________.
(a) Beatrix's genre.
(b) Very young children.
(c) The time they were published.
8. Which of Beatrix's American-published books was a failure?
(a) "The Fairy Caravan."
(b) "The Tale of Little Pig Robinson."
(c) "Wag-by Wall."
(d) "Sister Anne."
9. According to the author, Beatrix's art was founded in __________.
10. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
(a) They were well executed.
(b) They were sweet.
(c) They were easily imitated by children.
(d) They were amateurish.
11. What was the name of the tenant farmer of Beatrix's farm?
(a) John Cannon.
(b) John Caldwell.
(c) John Calders.
(d) John Cartwright.
12. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
(a) Twenty-four acres.
(b) Two thousand acres.
(c) Four thousand acres.
(d) Five hundred acres.
13. What animal was central to the financing of Beatrix's farm?
14. What did Beatrix initially plan to do with her farm?
(a) Turn it into a studio and gallery.
(b) Move her parents there.
(c) Manage it from afar.
(d) Turn it into a goat farm.
15. How old was Beatrix when she died?
(a) Seventy-seven years old.
(b) Seventy-one years old.
(c) Eighty-four years old.
(d) Sixty-two years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the books Beatrix published after her marriage based on?
2. How many books did Beatrix publish after her marriage?
3. What was the name of the second farm Beatrix bought in 1909?
4. Which of the following does Lane NOT say is expressed in Beatrix's works?
5. Why did Beatrix publish her later stories?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)