Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
(a) A friend from school.
(b) An angry publisher.
(c) A fan.
(d) Her cousin.
2. What kind of comicality does Lane say is expressed on each page of Beatrix's books?
3. What did the person who visited Beatrix in 1927 discover?
(a) She was losing her memory.
(b) She was unhappy in her marriage.
(c) She did not plan to write anymore.
(d) She hated farm life.
4. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
(c) Raising a family.
(d) Charity work.
5. How is Beatrix described at the age of forty?
(a) As plump.
(b) As persistent.
(c) As priggish.
(d) As proud.
6. What health issue did Beatrix face in 1939?
(a) She had a heart attack.
(b) She broke her leg.
(c) She had an operation.
(d) She started to lose her hearing.
7. Which area of England did Beatrix fight to protect?
(a) The Dorset coastline.
(d) The Lake District.
8. How did the books Beatrix published after her marriage compare to her others?
(a) They were of equal quality.
(b) They were incomparable.
(c) They were of superior quality.
(d) They were of lower quality.
9. Over a span of how many years did Beatrix's best writing take place?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
10. In what year did Beatrix die?
11. In Chapter 7, for what animal did Beatrix develop an interest?
12. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories usually lack?
(a) A happy conclusion.
(b) A moral.
(c) A climax.
(d) An antagonist.
13. How did Beatrix find children's literature was treated in America?
(b) With confusion.
(c) As an increasingly important genre.
(d) As a novelty.
14. Which of Beatrix's characters was made into a doll?
(a) Jemima Puddle-Duck.
(b) Timmy Tiptoes.
(c) Tom Kitten.
(d) Peter Rabbit.
15. How many children's books did Beatrice write in the eight years after she purchased her farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. After buying her farm, whom did Beatrix often depict in her books?
2. What was Beatrix excited to show off at local county fairs?
3. Which individuals impressed Beatrix in Chapter 8?
4. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
5. What breed of sheep did Beatrix keep at Troutbeck Park?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)