|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beatrix describe the interactions of her Troutbeck sheep?
(a) As a drama.
(b) As merciless.
(c) As spellbinding.
(d) As riveting.
2. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
(a) They were well executed.
(b) They were amateurish.
(c) They were sweet.
(d) They were easily imitated by children.
3. Which characters did Beatrix imbue with a sense of pride and self-reliance?
(a) Her housewife characters.
(b) Her foreign characters.
(c) Her rabbit characters.
(d) Her child characters.
4. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
(a) In Kent.
(b) A few blocks away from Bolton Gardens.
(c) Near Lake Windermere.
(d) At a farm near Hill Top.
5. What language did Beatrix work to translate her books into?
6. Which of the following does Lane NOT say is expressed in Beatrix's works?
(a) Natural Beauty.
7. Who took care of Beatrix's property during World War I?
(a) Beatrix's father.
(c) A hired worker.
8. How is Beatrix described at the age of forty?
(a) As priggish.
(b) As persistent.
(c) As proud.
(d) As plump.
9. According to the author, Beatrix's art was founded in __________.
10. Which individuals impressed Beatrix in Chapter 8?
(b) Animal breeders.
11. Which of Beatrix's characters was made into a doll?
(a) Tom Kitten.
(b) Timmy Tiptoes.
(c) Jemima Puddle-Duck.
(d) Peter Rabbit.
12. What was Beatrix excited to show off at local county fairs?
(a) Her affection for the community.
(b) Her baking skills.
(c) Her farm animals.
(d) Her art work.
13. What does Lane say Beatrix was able to illustrate with her animal characters?
(b) Human emotion.
(d) England's biodiversity.
14. Why did Beatrix publish her later stories?
(a) To show appreciation to her American fans.
(b) To make money.
(c) To regain her previous glory.
(d) To prove to her publisher that she could still sell books.
15. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Beatrix keen to adopt after marrying?
2. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
3. How big was Trouthbeck Park?
4. In her later years, what did Beatrix believe would depress her?
5. Why did Beatrix hate change?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)