|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was central to the financing of Beatrix's farm?
2. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
(a) At a farm near Hill Top.
(b) Near Lake Windermere.
(c) In Kent.
(d) A few blocks away from Bolton Gardens.
3. Why didn't Beatrix publish one of her books in Britain?
(a) It was too autobiographical.
(b) It was anti-British.
(c) She wanted to give a special gift to Americans.
(d) The cost of distribution was too high.
4. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
(a) They were sweet.
(b) They were easily imitated by children.
(c) They were well executed.
(d) They were amateurish.
5. How old was Beatrix when she died?
(a) Eighty-four years old.
(b) Seventy-seven years old.
(c) Seventy-one years old.
(d) Sixty-two years old.
6. Dolls from which country overloaded the marketplace?
7. In Chapter 7, for what animal did Beatrix develop an interest?
8. How did Beatrix find children's literature was treated in America?
(a) As a novelty.
(b) As an increasingly important genre.
(c) With confusion.
9. What is characteristic of many of the locations in Beatrix's books?
(a) They are free of humans.
(b) They are imaginary.
(c) They are named after her friends.
(d) They are real.
10. What inspired the locals to think of Beatrix as an eccentric?
(a) Her indifference to how she dressed.
(b) Her farming methods.
(c) The way she talked to animals.
(d) The people who visited her.
11. What language did Beatrix work to translate her books into?
12. After buying her farm, whom did Beatrix often depict in her books?
(a) The local townspeople.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Film stars.
13. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
(a) Mountain Lane Farm.
(b) Ambling Acres Farm.
(c) Bluebird Meadow Farm.
(d) Hill Top Farm.
14. What animal did Beatrix note as being graceful and intelligent?
(c) Sheep dogs.
15. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
(a) A fan.
(b) A friend from school.
(c) An angry publisher.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Beatrix write "Johnny Town-Mouse"?
2. Who took care of Beatrix's property during World War I?
3. How did Beatrix feel about her demanding lifestyle after she married?
4. Why did Beatrix hate change?
5. What happened after the decade of Beatrix's best writing?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)