|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After buying her farm, whom did Beatrix often depict in her books?
(a) Film stars.
(b) The local townspeople.
(c) Her parents.
2. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
(a) A friend from school.
(b) An angry publisher.
(c) A fan.
(d) Her cousin.
3. How did Americans treat Beatrix?
(a) With indifference.
(b) As if she were a sideshow.
(d) With respect.
4. How is the farm Beatrix purchased described?
5. Who took care of Beatrix's property during World War I?
(b) A hired worker.
(c) Beatrix's father.
6. Over a span of how many years did Beatrix's best writing take place?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Twenty-one years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
7. What health issue did Beatrix face in 1939?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She had a heart attack.
(c) She started to lose her hearing.
(d) She had an operation.
8. What does Beatrix express her sense of through her characters?
(a) The workings of children's imaginations.
(b) Entire species.
(c) Human foibles.
(d) Archetypal characteristics.
9. What happened on Beatrix's farm just before World War I ended?
(a) Her pigs got sick and died.
(b) Beatrix had a larger barn built.
(c) The farm house burned down.
(d) The harvest was ruined.
10. What kind of message did Beatrix's setting help convey?
(a) A simple one.
(b) A naturalistic one.
(c) A scientific one.
(d) A complex one.
11. What was Beatrix keen to adopt after marrying?
(a) A baby boy.
(b) A new lease on life.
(c) An optimistic attitude.
(d) Her new name.
12. How old was Beatrix when she died?
(a) Eighty-four years old.
(b) Seventy-one years old.
(c) Sixty-two years old.
(d) Seventy-seven years old.
13. What language did Beatrix work to translate her books into?
14. What was the name of the second farm Beatrix bought in 1909?
(a) Kingdom Farm.
(b) Fortress Farm.
(c) Castle Farm.
(d) Camelot Farm.
15. How many children's books did Beatrice write in the eight years after she purchased her farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix initially plan to do with her farm?
2. What did Beatrix focus her life on after marrying?
3. In Chapter 7, what did many members of the press think of Beatrix?
4. How is Beatrix described at the age of forty?
5. What happened after the decade of Beatrix's best writing?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)