|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beatrix find children's literature was treated in America?
(a) With confusion.
(b) As a novelty.
(d) As an increasingly important genre.
2. What happened on Beatrix's farm just before World War I ended?
(a) Her pigs got sick and died.
(b) Beatrix had a larger barn built.
(c) The harvest was ruined.
(d) The farm house burned down.
3. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
4. What does Lane believe was Beatrix's best work after her 'golden decade'?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her National Trust work.
(c) Her integration into the village.
(d) Her work at Troutbeck.
5. What does Lane say amuses adults about Beatrix's works?
(a) The subtleties.
(b) The illustrations.
(c) The stories.
(d) The simplicity.
6. Over a span of how many years did Beatrix's best writing take place?
(a) Three years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
7. What was the name of the work Beatrix published only in America?
(a) "The Fairy Caravan."
(b) "Willow Wonderland."
(c) "The Mousetrap."
(d) "The Elephant of Palmer Road."
8. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
(a) Near Lake Windermere.
(b) In Kent.
(c) At a farm near Hill Top.
(d) A few blocks away from Bolton Gardens.
9. Which of Beatrix's American-published books was a failure?
(a) "Wag-by Wall."
(b) "The Tale of Little Pig Robinson."
(c) "Sister Anne."
(d) "The Fairy Caravan."
10. What were the books Beatrix published after her marriage based on?
(a) Her previous work.
(c) Historical figures.
(d) Traditional fairy tales.
11. Which individuals impressed Beatrix in Chapter 8?
(d) Animal breeders.
12. What was the name of the village local to Beatrix's farm?
(b) Swan Hollow.
13. How many books did Beatrix publish after her marriage?
14. Beatrix's marriage marked the end of____________.
(a) Her fantasy period.
(b) Her creative period.
(c) Her abstract period.
(d) Her children's literature period.
15. What did Beatrix's brother confess when his parents objected to Beatrix's second engagement?
(a) He would never marry.
(b) He had married a farm girl.
(c) He arranged Beatrix's engagement.
(d) He was divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix focus on producing in 1910?
2. How did Beatrix feel about her demanding lifestyle after she married?
3. What was Beatrix mesmerized by at Troutbeck?
4. Who visited Beatrix in 1927?
5. According to the author, Beatrix's water colors were perfect for ____________.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)