|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
2. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
(a) Mundane and routine.
(b) Empty and rather sad.
(c) Full of unimportant affairs.
(d) Hectic and chaotic.
3. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
(a) Farm animals.
(b) Shop interiors.
4. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
(a) Her charitable donations.
(b) Her distance from them.
(c) Her stories' subject matter.
(d) Her feud with her brother.
5. What did Bertram's art focus on?
(a) The Scottish countryside.
(b) The Lake District.
(c) The English coast.
6. Who was Miss Hammond?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) An author.
(d) A schoolmistress.
7. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As fun.
(b) As oppressive.
(c) As something to escape.
(d) As pretentious.
8. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
(a) Twenty-eight years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Thirty-two years old.
(d) Twenty-four years old.
9. How many copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" did Beatrix have printed originally?
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Two hundred-fifty.
(d) One hundred.
10. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
(a) Laundry bags.
(b) An easel and paintbox.
(c) Animals carriers.
(d) Picnic baskets.
11. What would Beatrix's father do in the summer during their vacation?
(c) Gamble and play sports.
(d) Hunt and fish.
12. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would rest.
(b) They would clean the home.
(c) They would visit their loved ones.
(d) They would accompany the Potters.
13. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
(a) Beatrix's talent.
(b) Beatrix's credentials.
(c) Beatrix's sanity.
(d) Beatrix's theories.
14. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A printing press.
(d) A rabbit hutch.
15. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
(a) Women working.
(b) Organized religion.
(c) Eating meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
2. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
3. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
4. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
5. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)