|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
2. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would rest.
(b) They would visit their loved ones.
(c) They would clean the home.
(d) They would accompany the Potters.
3. What did Beatrix and her brother make together as children?
(b) Root beer.
(d) Sculpting clay.
4. What began to influence Beatrix's personality during her childhood?
(a) Her Potter heredity.
(b) Her Roscoe heredity.
(c) Her Leech heredity.
(d) Her Crompton heredity.
5. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
6. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As eccentric.
(b) As creative.
(c) As naive.
(d) As glamorous.
7. What was the surname of Beatrix's cousin Caroline?
8. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
(a) Her ambitions.
(b) Her family's past.
(c) Her pets.
(d) Her travels.
9. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(b) Her fashion.
(d) Her home.
10. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
(a) "The Tale of Poppy Bunny."
(b) "The Tale of Velvet Bunny."
(c) "The Tale of Flopsy Bunny."
(d) "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny."
11. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
(a) Her parents' disapproval.
12. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its coldness.
(b) Its solemnity.
(c) Its lavishness.
(d) Its vibrancy.
13. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
(a) Draw them.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Press them.
(d) Trade their seeds.
14. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
(b) Stage acting.
(c) Amateur photography.
(d) Bird watching.
15. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
(a) From a chest infection.
(b) From bad air in her home.
(c) From rheumatic fever.
(d) From a stomach disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
2. Where did Caroline have a home?
3. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
4. What kind of lessons did Beatrix take as an adult?
5. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)