|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
2. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
3. What did Beatrix's parents worry about the Warnes?
(a) The Warnes were incompetent.
(b) The Warnes would corrupt Beatrix.
(c) The Warnes disliked them.
(d) The Warnes were stealing from Beatrix.
4. What were some qualities that Beatrix admired that were found on her grandmother's side?
(a) Wealth and eccentricity.
(b) Her sense of humor and tact.
(c) Vibrancy and energy.
(d) Constant kindness and forgiveness.
5. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) The ideas of animal behavior.
(b) The ideas of heredity.
(c) The ideas of lightness and darkness.
(d) The ideas of familial love.
6. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A rabbit hutch.
(d) A printing press.
7. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
(a) Stage acting.
(b) Amateur photography.
(d) Bird watching.
8. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
(c) Painting and writing.
9. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
(c) St. Valentine's Day.
10. Where did Caroline have a home?
(a) Holcombe Hill.
(c) Harescombe Grange.
11. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
(a) From a chest infection.
(b) From a stomach disorder.
(c) From rheumatic fever.
(d) From bad air in her home.
12. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
(a) Full of unimportant affairs.
(b) Mundane and routine.
(c) Empty and rather sad.
(d) Hectic and chaotic.
13. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
(a) Canon Rawnsley.
(c) Her father.
(d) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
14. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
(b) Shop interiors.
(d) Farm animals.
15. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
(a) Animals carriers.
(b) Laundry bags.
(c) An easel and paintbox.
(d) Picnic baskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
2. How large was the original "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
3. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
4. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
5. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)