|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was the Lord Speaker.
(b) He was a Liberal MP.
(c) He was a Conservative MP.
(d) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
2. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would clean the home.
(b) They would visit their loved ones.
(c) They would rest.
(d) They would accompany the Potters.
3. Where did Caroline have a home?
(b) Harescombe Grange.
(d) Holcombe Hill.
4. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
(c) Her parents' disapproval.
5. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
(b) Organized religion.
(c) Women working.
(d) Eating meat.
6. Who was Miss Hammond?
(a) A schoolmistress.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) An author.
7. What did Beatrix's parents worry about the Warnes?
(a) The Warnes were incompetent.
(b) The Warnes disliked them.
(c) The Warnes were stealing from Beatrix.
(d) The Warnes would corrupt Beatrix.
8. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
(a) It is more adult.
(b) It is more diverse.
(c) It is about human characters.
(d) It is in rhyme.
9. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
10. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As glamorous.
(b) As creative.
(c) As eccentric.
(d) As naive.
11. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
(a) Photograph them.
(b) Write stories about them.
(c) Paint and draw them.
(d) Give them new names.
12. What were some qualities that Beatrix admired that were found on her grandmother's side?
(a) Constant kindness and forgiveness.
(b) Vibrancy and energy.
(c) Wealth and eccentricity.
(d) Her sense of humor and tact.
13. What was Beatrix's father's name?
(a) James Potter.
(b) Lenny Potter.
(c) Rupert Potter.
(d) Gerald Potter.
14. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
(a) She became distrustful.
(b) She became more shy.
(c) She became short-tempered.
(d) She became serious.
15. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
(a) Thirty-two years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Twenty-four years old.
(d) Twenty-eight years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
2. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
3. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
4. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
5. How many copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" did Beatrix have printed originally?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)