|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Arrange an advertising campaign.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Negotiate with the publisher.
(d) Secure her copyrights.
2. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
(b) Calm and unenthusiastic.
(c) Rigid and unforgiving.
(d) Complete obedience and faith.
3. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
4. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
(a) Her travels.
(b) Her pets.
(c) Her family's past.
(d) Her ambitions.
5. How many copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" did Beatrix have printed originally?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Two hundred-fifty.
(c) One hundred.
6. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Mormons.
(b) The Presbyterians.
(c) The Unitarians.
(d) The Lutherans.
7. What did Beatrix and her brother make together as children?
(b) Root beer.
(c) Sculpting clay.
8. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
9. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(b) Two ceramic mice figurines.
(c) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(d) Norman's pet mice.
10. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
(a) Cold and standoffish.
(b) Original and wild.
(c) Sad and forgiving.
(d) Mean and cranky.
11. How did Beatrix's parents become wealthy?
(a) They inherited their money.
(b) Her father worked constantly.
(c) They were lucky with stocks.
(d) Her mother had an excellent business sense.
12. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
(a) They were frightened by it.
(b) They were bored by it.
(c) They didn't understand it.
(d) They loved it.
13. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
(a) Her father.
(b) Canon Rawnsley.
(d) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
14. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
15. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
(a) Eating meat.
(b) Organized religion.
(d) Women working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
2. When was Beatrix born?
3. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
4. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
5. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)