|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As something to escape.
(b) As pretentious.
(c) As fun.
(d) As oppressive.
2. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) Rigid and unforgiving.
(b) Calm and unenthusiastic.
(c) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
(d) Complete obedience and faith.
3. What began to influence Beatrix's personality during her childhood?
(a) Her Potter heredity.
(b) Her Roscoe heredity.
(c) Her Crompton heredity.
(d) Her Leech heredity.
4. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
(a) His friendliness.
(b) His naivete.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His assertiveness.
5. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
(a) Bird watching.
(c) Amateur photography.
(d) Stage acting.
6. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
(a) A printing press.
(b) A rabbit hutch.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A buggy.
7. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
(a) The Leech legend.
(b) The Crompton legend.
(c) The Potter legend.
(d) The Roscoe legend.
8. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
9. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
10. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
(d) Plants and animals.
11. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
(a) Christmas, 1902.
(b) Easter, 1902.
(c) New Year's Day, 1902.
(d) May Day, 1902.
12. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Mormons.
(b) The Unitarians.
(c) The Presbyterians.
(d) The Lutherans.
13. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
(a) The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse.
(b) The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes.
(c) The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan.
(d) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
14. What was Beatrix's full name?
(a) Jane Beatrix Potter.
(b) Lucy Beatrix Potter.
(c) Helen Beatrix Potter.
(d) Melanie Beatrix Potter.
15. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Color her drawings.
(b) Cut the story down by five pages.
(c) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(d) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 4, Beatrix worried her publisher wouldn't like ________________.
2. As children, what would Beatrix and her brother do with animal corpses?
3. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
4. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
5. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)