|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
2. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
3. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
(a) Empty and rather sad.
(b) Hectic and chaotic.
(c) Mundane and routine.
(d) Full of unimportant affairs.
4. How many copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" did Beatrix have printed originally?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Two hundred-fifty.
5. What year did Beatrix finish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
6. What did Beatrix and her brother make together as children?
(a) Root beer.
(d) Sculpting clay.
7. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
(a) To visit family.
(b) For their father's business.
(c) For safety.
(d) For their father's amusement.
8. Why did Beatrix write a letter to five year old Noel Moore?
(a) For his birthday.
(b) To inform him he had won a prize.
(c) He was sick.
(d) To offer him a kitten.
9. As children, what would Beatrix and her brother do with animal corpses?
(a) Draw them.
(b) Bury them.
(c) Skin them.
(d) Burn them.
10. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
(a) Her pets.
(b) Her ambitions.
(c) Her travels.
(d) Her family's past.
11. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) Adventures around the world.
(b) The animals she saw.
(c) The people who lived nearby.
(d) Characteristics of certain plants.
12. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
(b) Cut the story down by five pages.
(c) Color her drawings.
(d) Find a more experienced illustrator.
13. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
(a) Gender equality.
(b) Racial equality.
(c) Workplace equality.
(d) Religious equality.
14. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
(b) Rigid and unforgiving.
(c) Complete obedience and faith.
(d) Calm and unenthusiastic.
15. What was the surname of Beatrix's cousin Caroline?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Caroline have a home?
2. How large was the original "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
3. What was the name of Beatrix's hedgehog character?
4. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
5. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)