|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
(b) Victoria Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
2. How are Caroline's political views described?
(a) As liberal.
(b) As eccentric.
(c) As conservative.
(d) As radical.
3. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
(a) The Director of the Royal Ballet.
(b) The Director of the Royal Conservatory of Music.
(c) The Director of the Royal Society of Arts.
(d) The Director of the Royal Botanic Gardens.
4. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was a Conservative MP.
(b) He was the Lord Speaker.
(c) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
(d) He was a Liberal MP.
5. What were some qualities that Beatrix admired that were found on her grandmother's side?
(a) Wealth and eccentricity.
(b) Constant kindness and forgiveness.
(c) Vibrancy and energy.
(d) Her sense of humor and tact.
6. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(b) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(c) Two ceramic mice figurines.
(d) Norman's pet mice.
7. Norman died of________.
8. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its lavishness.
(b) Its coldness.
(c) Its solemnity.
(d) Its vibrancy.
9. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(a) Her home.
(d) Her fashion.
10. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
(a) They were bored by it.
(b) They didn't understand it.
(c) They were frightened by it.
(d) They loved it.
11. Where did Caroline have a home?
(a) Harescombe Grange.
(d) Holcombe Hill.
12. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
(a) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
(b) The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes.
(c) The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan.
(d) The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse.
13. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
(a) He was a social climber.
(b) He was wealthy.
(c) He was younger than Beatrix.
(d) He was a publisher.
14. Who cracked the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Mr. Little.
(b) Mr. Linder.
(c) Mr. Limpet.
(d) Mr. Lowe.
15. Who was Miss Hammond?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) An author.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A schoolmistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
2. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
3. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
4. What fascinated Beatrix about Scotland during her childhood?
5. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)