|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What began to influence Beatrix's personality during her childhood?
(a) Her Leech heredity.
(b) Her Crompton heredity.
(c) Her Roscoe heredity.
(d) Her Potter heredity.
2. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
3. What did Bertram's art focus on?
(a) The English coast.
(b) The Scottish countryside.
(c) The Lake District.
4. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(a) Her fashion.
(b) Her home.
5. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its vibrancy.
(b) Its coldness.
(c) Its lavishness.
(d) Its solemnity.
6. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
(a) Beatrix's theories.
(b) Beatrix's talent.
(c) Beatrix's sanity.
(d) Beatrix's credentials.
7. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
(a) Mundane and routine.
(b) Full of unimportant affairs.
(c) Empty and rather sad.
(d) Hectic and chaotic.
8. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
(b) Shop interiors.
(d) Farm animals.
9. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
(a) They were not realistic.
(b) They were not abstract.
(c) They were amateur.
(d) They were uncolored.
10. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
(a) Write stories about them.
(b) Photograph them.
(c) Paint and draw them.
(d) Give them new names.
11. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
12. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
(b) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(c) Color her drawings.
(d) Cut the story down by five pages.
13. What interests did Miss Hammond encourage in Beatrix?
(a) Her interest in farming.
(b) Her interest in writing.
(c) Her interest in nature.
(d) Her interest in travel.
14. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
(a) Nearly forty years old.
(b) Thirty-five years old.
(c) Forty-five years old.
(d) Nearly thirty years old.
15. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would clean the home.
(b) They would rest.
(c) They would accompany the Potters.
(d) They would visit their loved ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
2. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
3. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
4. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
5. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)