|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Beatrix born?
(a) July 28th, 1866.
(b) January 10th, 1865.
(c) November 4th, 1861.
(d) April 19th, 1862.
2. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
(a) To France.
(b) To Scotland.
(c) To Italy.
(d) To Spain.
3. What began to influence Beatrix's personality during her childhood?
(a) Her Potter heredity.
(b) Her Roscoe heredity.
(c) Her Crompton heredity.
(d) Her Leech heredity.
4. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
(a) Original and wild.
(b) Mean and cranky.
(c) Cold and standoffish.
(d) Sad and forgiving.
5. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
(a) The Potter legend.
(b) The Roscoe legend.
(c) The Crompton legend.
(d) The Leech legend.
6. What were some qualities that Beatrix admired that were found on her grandmother's side?
(a) Vibrancy and energy.
(b) Her sense of humor and tact.
(c) Constant kindness and forgiveness.
(d) Wealth and eccentricity.
7. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
(a) Her distance from them.
(b) Her feud with her brother.
(c) Her charitable donations.
(d) Her stories' subject matter.
8. What did Bertram's art focus on?
(a) The English coast.
(b) The Lake District.
(c) The Scottish countryside.
9. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) Adventures around the world.
(b) The animals she saw.
(c) The people who lived nearby.
(d) Characteristics of certain plants.
10. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Two ceramic mice figurines.
(b) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(c) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(d) Norman's pet mice.
11. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
(b) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(c) Cut the story down by five pages.
(d) Color her drawings.
12. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
(a) They were amateur.
(b) They were not realistic.
(c) They were uncolored.
(d) They were not abstract.
13. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
14. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was a Liberal MP.
(b) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
(c) He was a Conservative MP.
(d) He was the Lord Speaker.
15. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
(a) New Year's Day.
(c) Victoria Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
2. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
3. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
4. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
5. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)