|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
(a) He was wealthy.
(b) He was younger than Beatrix.
(c) He was a publisher.
(d) He was a social climber.
2. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
(c) Rock formations.
3. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Lutherans.
(b) The Mormons.
(c) The Unitarians.
(d) The Presbyterians.
4. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
(b) Her parents' disapproval.
5. What did Beatrix write a paper about which was given to the Linnaean Society of London?
(a) Disappearing tree species.
(b) Mosses native to Scotland.
(d) Mold spores.
6. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
(a) The Director of the Royal Ballet.
(b) The Director of the Royal Society of Arts.
(c) The Director of the Royal Conservatory of Music.
(d) The Director of the Royal Botanic Gardens.
7. What did Beatrix use to help draw the art for "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Norman's pet mice.
8. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was the Lord Speaker.
(b) He was a Liberal MP.
(c) He was a Conservative MP.
(d) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
9. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
(a) Twenty-eight years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Thirty-two years old.
(d) Twenty-four years old.
10. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
(a) The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse.
(b) The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan.
(c) The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes.
(d) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
11. What kind of lessons did Beatrix take as an adult?
(a) Singing lessons.
(b) Drawing lessons.
(c) Etiquette lessons.
(d) Cooking lessons.
12. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
(a) Cold and standoffish.
(b) Original and wild.
(c) Mean and cranky.
(d) Sad and forgiving.
13. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) A Liberal.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A Scottish Calvinist.
(d) A hillbilly.
14. How are Caroline's political views described?
(a) As radical.
(b) As eccentric.
(c) As liberal.
(d) As conservative.
15. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) The ideas of animal behavior.
(b) The ideas of lightness and darkness.
(c) The ideas of familial love.
(d) The ideas of heredity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Miss Hammond?
2. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
3. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
4. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
5. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)