|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Beatrix born?
(a) November 4th, 1861.
(b) July 28th, 1866.
(c) April 19th, 1862.
(d) January 10th, 1865.
2. What began to influence Beatrix's personality during her childhood?
(a) Her Roscoe heredity.
(b) Her Potter heredity.
(c) Her Crompton heredity.
(d) Her Leech heredity.
3. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
(b) He was a Conservative MP.
(c) He was a Liberal MP.
(d) He was the Lord Speaker.
4. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
(c) St. Valentine's Day.
5. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
(d) Her parents' disapproval.
6. Where did Caroline have a home?
(a) Harescombe Grange.
(d) Holcombe Hill.
7. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
8. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
(a) To Scotland.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Spain.
(d) To France.
9. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Color her drawings.
(b) Cut the story down by five pages.
(c) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(d) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
10. How did Beatrix's parents become wealthy?
(a) Her father worked constantly.
(b) Her mother had an excellent business sense.
(c) They were lucky with stocks.
(d) They inherited their money.
11. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Negotiate with the publisher.
(b) Secure her copyrights.
(c) Arrange an advertising campaign.
(d) Buy a house.
12. Norman died of________.
13. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(a) Her home.
(c) Her fashion.
14. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
(a) Victoria Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
15. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As something to escape.
(b) As fun.
(c) As oppressive.
(d) As pretentious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Caroline's political views described?
2. What did Beatrix and her brother make together as children?
3. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
4. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
5. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)