|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Caroline's political views described?
(a) As liberal.
(b) As conservative.
(c) As eccentric.
(d) As radical.
2. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
(a) Make many friends.
(b) Approach strangers.
(c) Create her own world.
(d) Ignore her parents' wisdom.
3. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its solemnity.
(b) Its vibrancy.
(c) Its lavishness.
(d) Its coldness.
4. According to Chapter 4, Beatrix worried her publisher wouldn't like ________________.
(a) Her story's moral.
(b) Her characters.
(c) Her rhymes.
(d) Her water color illustrations.
5. What fascinated Beatrix about Scotland during her childhood?
(a) Its exotic feel.
(b) Its calming feel.
(c) Its magical feel.
(d) Its dangerous feel.
6. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
(a) Uncle Henry.
(b) Mrs. Potter.
7. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
8. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
(a) Animals carriers.
(b) Laundry bags.
(c) Picnic baskets.
(d) An easel and paintbox.
9. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
(b) Rock formations.
10. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
(a) It is more diverse.
(b) It is more adult.
(c) It is in rhyme.
(d) It is about human characters.
11. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
(a) Her stories' subject matter.
(b) Her distance from them.
(c) Her feud with her brother.
(d) Her charitable donations.
12. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
(a) Eating meat.
(b) Organized religion.
(d) Women working.
13. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
(a) "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny."
(b) "The Tale of Velvet Bunny."
(c) "The Tale of Poppy Bunny."
(d) "The Tale of Flopsy Bunny."
14. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
(a) Thirty-five years old.
(b) Nearly thirty years old.
(c) Nearly forty years old.
(d) Forty-five years old.
15. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Becoming an adult.
(b) Her critics.
(c) Living in the city.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
2. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
3. Why did Beatrix write a letter to five year old Noel Moore?
4. What kind of lessons did Beatrix take as an adult?
5. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)