|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
(a) His assertiveness.
(b) His friendliness.
(c) His naivete.
(d) His shyness.
2. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
(a) A printing press.
(b) A buggy.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A rabbit hutch.
3. Who was Miss Hammond?
(a) An author.
(b) A schoolmistress.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A cousin.
4. How large was the original "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Three inches square.
(b) Four by five inches.
(c) Eight by eleven inches.
(d) Seven by nine inches.
5. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
(a) For safety.
(b) To visit family.
(c) For their father's business.
(d) For their father's amusement.
6. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
(b) Rock formations.
7. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
8. What did Beatrix make critical comments of in her diary from her early twenties?
9. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As glamorous.
(b) As creative.
(c) As eccentric.
(d) As naive.
10. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
11. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
(a) Make many friends.
(b) Create her own world.
(c) Approach strangers.
(d) Ignore her parents' wisdom.
12. Where did Caroline have a home?
(a) Holcombe Hill.
(c) Harescombe Grange.
13. When was Beatrix born?
(a) November 4th, 1861.
(b) April 19th, 1862.
(c) January 10th, 1865.
(d) July 28th, 1866.
14. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
(a) The Roscoe legend.
(b) The Leech legend.
(c) The Crompton legend.
(d) The Potter legend.
15. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
(b) Complete obedience and faith.
(c) Rigid and unforgiving.
(d) Calm and unenthusiastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
2. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
3. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
4. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
5. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)