|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Caroline have a home?
(c) Harescombe Grange.
(d) Holcombe Hill.
2. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
3. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
(a) They were not realistic.
(b) They were uncolored.
(c) They were amateur.
(d) They were not abstract.
4. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
5. How large was the original "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Four by five inches.
(b) Three inches square.
(c) Seven by nine inches.
(d) Eight by eleven inches.
6. Who was Miss Hammond?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A schoolmistress.
(c) An author.
(d) A cousin.
7. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
(a) The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes.
(b) The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan.
(c) The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse.
(d) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
8. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As something to escape.
(b) As fun.
(c) As pretentious.
(d) As oppressive.
9. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
(a) Her father.
(b) Canon Rawnsley.
(c) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
10. What did Beatrix use to help draw the art for "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(c) Norman's pet mice.
11. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its vibrancy.
(b) Its lavishness.
(c) Its solemnity.
(d) Its coldness.
12. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
(a) His naivete.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His assertiveness.
(d) His friendliness.
13. What part of animal corpses would Beatrix and her brother keep?
(a) The teeth.
(b) No parts.
(c) The bones.
(d) The skins.
14. What was Beatrix's full name?
(a) Helen Beatrix Potter.
(b) Melanie Beatrix Potter.
(c) Lucy Beatrix Potter.
(d) Jane Beatrix Potter.
15. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
2. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
3. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
4. What began to influence Beatrix's personality during her childhood?
5. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)