|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Mormons.
(b) The Presbyterians.
(c) The Lutherans.
(d) The Unitarians.
2. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
(a) They loved it.
(b) They were bored by it.
(c) They didn't understand it.
(d) They were frightened by it.
3. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
4. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
5. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
(b) Farm animals.
(d) Shop interiors.
6. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) An atheist.
(b) A Scottish Calvinist.
(c) A hillbilly.
(d) A Liberal.
7. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
(a) Organized religion.
(b) Eating meat.
(d) Women working.
8. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
(b) Rock formations.
9. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
(a) Her distance from them.
(b) Her stories' subject matter.
(c) Her charitable donations.
(d) Her feud with her brother.
10. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
(a) Draw them.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Press them.
(d) Trade their seeds.
11. Norman died of________.
12. What did Beatrix do in the countryside while visiting Caroline?
(a) Hunted fowl.
(b) Wrote poetry.
(c) Photographed animals.
(d) Caught butterflied.
13. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As eccentric.
(b) As naive.
(c) As glamorous.
(d) As creative.
14. What was Beatrix's full name?
(a) Jane Beatrix Potter.
(b) Melanie Beatrix Potter.
(c) Helen Beatrix Potter.
(d) Lucy Beatrix Potter.
15. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
(a) His naivete.
(b) His friendliness.
(c) His assertiveness.
(d) His shyness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Caroline have a home?
2. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
3. As children, what would Beatrix and her brother do with animal corpses?
4. What did Bertram's art focus on?
5. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)