|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Beatrix's father do in the summer during their vacation?
(a) Gamble and play sports.
(d) Hunt and fish.
2. How many copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" did Beatrix have printed originally?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred-fifty.
(d) Five hundred.
3. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(b) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(c) Norman's pet mice.
(d) Two ceramic mice figurines.
4. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
(c) Plants and animals.
5. As children, what would Beatrix and her brother do with animal corpses?
(a) Draw them.
(b) Bury them.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Skin them.
6. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
(a) Nearly forty years old.
(b) Forty-five years old.
(c) Thirty-five years old.
(d) Nearly thirty years old.
7. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
(a) For safety.
(b) To visit family.
(c) For their father's amusement.
(d) For their father's business.
8. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
(b) Painting and writing.
9. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) The people who lived nearby.
(b) The animals she saw.
(c) Adventures around the world.
(d) Characteristics of certain plants.
10. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Lutherans.
(b) The Presbyterians.
(c) The Mormons.
(d) The Unitarians.
11. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) A Scottish Calvinist.
(b) A hillbilly.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A Liberal.
12. Where did Caroline have a home?
(b) Holcombe Hill.
(d) Harescombe Grange.
13. Why did Beatrix write a letter to five year old Noel Moore?
(a) He was sick.
(b) For his birthday.
(c) To offer him a kitten.
(d) To inform him he had won a prize.
14. How are Caroline's political views described?
(a) As liberal.
(b) As radical.
(c) As eccentric.
(d) As conservative.
15. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
(a) Canon Rawnsley.
(b) Her father.
(d) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
2. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
3. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
4. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
5. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)