|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
2. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was a Conservative MP.
(b) He was the Lord Speaker.
(c) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
(d) He was a Liberal MP.
3. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
(a) "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny."
(b) "The Tale of Flopsy Bunny."
(c) "The Tale of Velvet Bunny."
(d) "The Tale of Poppy Bunny."
4. Norman died of________.
5. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
(a) Gender equality.
(b) Workplace equality.
(c) Racial equality.
(d) Religious equality.
6. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
7. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
8. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
(a) For their father's business.
(b) For their father's amusement.
(c) To visit family.
(d) For safety.
9. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
(a) The Director of the Royal Ballet.
(b) The Director of the Royal Conservatory of Music.
(c) The Director of the Royal Society of Arts.
(d) The Director of the Royal Botanic Gardens.
10. What did Beatrix's parents worry about the Warnes?
(a) The Warnes were stealing from Beatrix.
(b) The Warnes were incompetent.
(c) The Warnes would corrupt Beatrix.
(d) The Warnes disliked them.
11. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Cut the story down by five pages.
(b) Color her drawings.
(c) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
(d) Find a more experienced illustrator.
12. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Two ceramic mice figurines.
(b) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(c) Norman's pet mice.
(d) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
13. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
(a) Victoria Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
14. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As naive.
(b) As creative.
(c) As eccentric.
(d) As glamorous.
15. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
(a) The Lutherans.
(b) The Presbyterians.
(c) The Unitarians.
(d) The Mormons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
2. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
3. Who cracked the code in Beatrix's diary?
4. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
5. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)