|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
2. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Norman's pet mice.
(b) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(c) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(d) Two ceramic mice figurines.
3. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
(a) Her stories' subject matter.
(b) Her charitable donations.
(c) Her distance from them.
(d) Her feud with her brother.
4. What did Beatrix do in the countryside while visiting Caroline?
(a) Photographed animals.
(b) Hunted fowl.
(c) Caught butterflied.
(d) Wrote poetry.
5. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
(a) From rheumatic fever.
(b) From a stomach disorder.
(c) From bad air in her home.
(d) From a chest infection.
6. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(a) Her fashion.
(b) Her home.
7. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
(a) Create her own world.
(b) Ignore her parents' wisdom.
(c) Make many friends.
(d) Approach strangers.
8. What was Beatrix's full name?
(a) Jane Beatrix Potter.
(b) Melanie Beatrix Potter.
(c) Helen Beatrix Potter.
(d) Lucy Beatrix Potter.
9. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
(a) The Leech legend.
(b) The Potter legend.
(c) The Crompton legend.
(d) The Roscoe legend.
10. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
(a) His naivete.
(b) His friendliness.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His assertiveness.
11. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
(a) "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny."
(b) "The Tale of Flopsy Bunny."
(c) "The Tale of Poppy Bunny."
(d) "The Tale of Velvet Bunny."
12. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As creative.
(b) As naive.
(c) As eccentric.
(d) As glamorous.
13. According to Chapter 4, Beatrix worried her publisher wouldn't like ________________.
(a) Her water color illustrations.
(b) Her story's moral.
(c) Her characters.
(d) Her rhymes.
14. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
(b) St. Valentine's Day.
15. What fascinated Beatrix about Scotland during her childhood?
(a) Its calming feel.
(b) Its exotic feel.
(c) Its dangerous feel.
(d) Its magical feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beatrix feel growing up as a result of not being a part of her parents' lives?
2. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
3. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
4. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
5. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)