|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surname of Beatrix's cousin Caroline?
2. Why didn't Beatrix's parents want her to marry Norman?
(a) He was wealthy.
(b) He was younger than Beatrix.
(c) He was a social climber.
(d) He was a publisher.
3. How is Beatrix's parents' schedule described?
(a) Hectic and chaotic.
(b) Empty and rather sad.
(c) Mundane and routine.
(d) Full of unimportant affairs.
4. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
5. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
6. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As glamorous.
(b) As creative.
(c) As eccentric.
(d) As naive.
7. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
(a) To Italy.
(b) To France.
(c) To Spain.
(d) To Scotland.
8. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
(a) New Year's Day.
(d) Victoria Day.
9. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
(a) The Leech legend.
(b) The Crompton legend.
(c) The Potter legend.
(d) The Roscoe legend.
10. Whom did Beatrix's Uncle Roscoe arrange for her to meet in 1896?
(a) The Director of the Royal Ballet.
(b) The Director of the Royal Society of Arts.
(c) The Director of the Royal Conservatory of Music.
(d) The Director of the Royal Botanic Gardens.
11. What did Bertram's art focus on?
(a) The Scottish countryside.
(b) The Lake District.
(d) The English coast.
12. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
(a) They were uncolored.
(b) They were amateur.
(c) They were not realistic.
(d) They were not abstract.
13. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As fun.
(b) As something to escape.
(c) As oppressive.
(d) As pretentious.
14. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) A Liberal.
(b) A Scottish Calvinist.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A hillbilly.
15. How is Beatrix described as a child?
(a) Passive, forlorn, and awkward.
(b) Carefree, silly, and sweet.
(c) Quiet, solitary, and observant.
(d) Loud, resilient, and stubborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix do in the countryside while visiting Caroline?
2. What did Beatrix use to help draw the art for "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
3. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
4. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
5. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)