|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix's personality as a child lead her to do?
(a) Ignore her parents' wisdom.
(b) Make many friends.
(c) Approach strangers.
(d) Create her own world.
2. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
(a) Write stories about them.
(b) Photograph them.
(c) Paint and draw them.
(d) Give them new names.
3. What did Bertram's art focus on?
(b) The Scottish countryside.
(c) The Lake District.
(d) The English coast.
4. What did Beatrix do in the countryside while visiting Caroline?
(a) Photographed animals.
(b) Wrote poetry.
(c) Caught butterflied.
(d) Hunted fowl.
5. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(b) Cut the story down by five pages.
(c) Color her drawings.
(d) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
6. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its vibrancy.
(b) Its lavishness.
(c) Its coldness.
(d) Its solemnity.
7. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) A Scottish Calvinist.
(b) A Liberal.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A hillbilly.
8. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
(a) The people who lived nearby.
(b) Characteristics of certain plants.
(c) Adventures around the world.
(d) The animals she saw.
9. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
10. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
(a) St. Valentine's Day.
11. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
(b) Her parents' disapproval.
12. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
13. Norman died of________.
14. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
(b) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
(c) Canon Rawnsley.
(d) Her father.
15. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Her critics.
(b) Becoming an adult.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Living in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
2. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
3. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
4. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
5. What interests did Miss Hammond encourage in Beatrix?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)