|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bertram's art focus on?
(a) The English coast.
(c) The Scottish countryside.
(d) The Lake District.
2. What inspired the story "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
(a) Norman's pet mice.
(b) Mice Beatrix caught in her kitchen.
(c) A story a little girl told Beatrix.
(d) Two ceramic mice figurines.
3. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As eccentric.
(b) As glamorous.
(c) As creative.
(d) As naive.
4. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As something to escape.
(b) As oppressive.
(c) As fun.
(d) As pretentious.
5. What would Beatrix's father do in the summer during their vacation?
(a) Hunt and fish.
(d) Gamble and play sports.
6. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
7. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
(a) Her family's past.
(b) Her pets.
(c) Her ambitions.
(d) Her travels.
8. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
(a) From bad air in her home.
(b) From a chest infection.
(c) From a stomach disorder.
(d) From rheumatic fever.
9. Where was Beatrix born?
(a) Willowdown Valley.
(b) Bolton Gardens.
(d) Clifton Heights.
10. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
(a) They were frightened by it.
(b) They were bored by it.
(c) They didn't understand it.
(d) They loved it.
11. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
(a) Easter, 1902.
(b) Christmas, 1902.
(c) New Year's Day, 1902.
(d) May Day, 1902.
12. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
13. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
14. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would accompany the Potters.
(b) They would clean the home.
(c) They would visit their loved ones.
(d) They would rest.
15. What was Beatrix's father's name?
(a) James Potter.
(b) Lenny Potter.
(c) Gerald Potter.
(d) Rupert Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents worry about the Warnes?
2. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
3. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
4. What did Beatrix write a paper about which was given to the Linnaean Society of London?
5. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)