|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
(a) Racial equality.
(b) Gender equality.
(c) Workplace equality.
(d) Religious equality.
2. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
(a) Women working.
(b) Eating meat.
(d) Organized religion.
3. What did Beatrix and her brother make together as children?
(a) Root beer.
(d) Sculpting clay.
4. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would visit their loved ones.
(b) They would accompany the Potters.
(c) They would rest.
(d) They would clean the home.
5. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
(c) Shop interiors.
(d) Farm animals.
6. What was the surname of Beatrix's cousin Caroline?
7. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
8. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
(a) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
(c) Her father.
(d) Canon Rawnsley.
9. What kind of lessons did Beatrix take as an adult?
(a) Cooking lessons.
(b) Drawing lessons.
(c) Singing lessons.
(d) Etiquette lessons.
10. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
(a) Laundry bags.
(b) An easel and paintbox.
(c) Animals carriers.
(d) Picnic baskets.
11. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
(a) Her ambitions.
(b) Her travels.
(c) Her family's past.
(d) Her pets.
12. Where was Beatrix born?
(b) Willowdown Valley.
(c) Bolton Gardens.
(d) Clifton Heights.
13. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
14. What was Beatrix's father's name?
(a) James Potter.
(b) Lenny Potter.
(c) Rupert Potter.
(d) Gerald Potter.
15. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
(b) Uncle Henry.
(c) Mrs. Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
2. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
3. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
4. What was the name of Beatrix's hedgehog character?
5. Where did Caroline have a home?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)