|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix's diary often talk about?
(a) Her family's past.
(b) Her travels.
(c) Her ambitions.
(d) Her pets.
2. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
(a) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
(b) Mrs. Potter.
(d) Mr. Potter.
3. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Her critics.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Living in the city.
(d) Becoming an adult.
4. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
(a) A professor.
(b) A Scottish laird.
(c) A vicar.
(d) A reporter.
5. What was Beatrix's father's name?
(a) James Potter.
(b) Lenny Potter.
(c) Rupert Potter.
(d) Gerald Potter.
6. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
(a) "The Tale of Flopsy Bunny."
(b) "The Tale of Velvet Bunny."
(c) "The Tale of Poppy Bunny."
(d) "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny."
7. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its lavishness.
(b) Its solemnity.
(c) Its coldness.
(d) Its vibrancy.
8. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
(d) Rock formations.
9. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As oppressive.
(b) As something to escape.
(c) As fun.
(d) As pretentious.
10. How old were Beatrix and Norman when they decided to marry?
(a) Nearly forty years old.
(b) Nearly thirty years old.
(c) Forty-five years old.
(d) Thirty-five years old.
11. Who cracked the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Mr. Lowe.
(b) Mr. Limpet.
(c) Mr. Linder.
(d) Mr. Little.
12. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
(a) Beatrix's credentials.
(b) Beatrix's theories.
(c) Beatrix's talent.
(d) Beatrix's sanity.
13. Where did Caroline have a home?
(c) Holcombe Hill.
(d) Harescombe Grange.
14. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was a Conservative MP.
(b) He was a Liberal MP.
(c) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
(d) He was the Lord Speaker.
15. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
(d) Painting and writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
2. What would Beatrix's father do in the summer during their vacation?
3. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
4. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
5. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)