|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) Complete obedience and faith.
(b) Rigid and unforgiving.
(c) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
(d) Calm and unenthusiastic.
2. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
(a) They were not realistic.
(b) They were amateur.
(c) They were not abstract.
(d) They were uncolored.
3. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) A Liberal.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A Scottish Calvinist.
(d) A hillbilly.
4. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
(a) She became more shy.
(b) She became distrustful.
(c) She became serious.
(d) She became short-tempered.
5. What did Beatrix do in the countryside while visiting Caroline?
(a) Photographed animals.
(b) Caught butterflied.
(c) Hunted fowl.
(d) Wrote poetry.
6. According to Chapter 2, which of the following did not bother Beatrix?
(a) Her parents' disapproval.
7. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would accompany the Potters.
(b) They would visit their loved ones.
(c) They would rest.
(d) They would clean the home.
8. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its solemnity.
(b) Its coldness.
(c) Its lavishness.
(d) Its vibrancy.
9. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
(b) Farm animals.
(d) Shop interiors.
10. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As eccentric.
(b) As naive.
(c) As creative.
(d) As glamorous.
11. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
12. Who was Canon Rawnsely?
(a) A Scottish laird.
(b) A vicar.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A professor.
13. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
14. What was Beatrix's father's name?
(a) Lenny Potter.
(b) Rupert Potter.
(c) James Potter.
(d) Gerald Potter.
15. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Becoming an adult.
(b) Her critics.
(c) Living in the city.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Beatrix easily exhausted at one point as an adult?
2. How are Caroline's political views described?
3. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
4. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
5. What year did Beatrix finish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)