Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(b) Her home.
(c) Her fashion.
2. How is "The Tailor of Gloucester" said to be different from Beatrix's other books?
(a) It is in rhyme.
(b) It is more adult.
(c) It is about human characters.
(d) It is more diverse.
3. What did Beatrix's parents help her do prior to the publication of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Negotiate with the publisher.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Arrange an advertising campaign.
(d) Secure her copyrights.
4. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
(a) Easter, 1902.
(b) New Year's Day, 1902.
(c) May Day, 1902.
(d) Christmas, 1902.
5. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
6. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
(b) Painting and writing.
7. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
(a) Amateur photography.
(b) Bird watching.
(d) Stage acting.
8. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Becoming an adult.
(b) Living in the city.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her critics.
9. What part of animal corpses would Beatrix and her brother keep?
(a) No parts.
(b) The bones.
(c) The skins.
(d) The teeth.
10. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
(a) They were amateur.
(b) They were not abstract.
(c) They were not realistic.
(d) They were uncolored.
11. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
(a) Racial equality.
(b) Religious equality.
(c) Gender equality.
(d) Workplace equality.
12. What was Beatrix's father's profession?
13. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
14. Where would the Potter family go in the summer?
(a) To France.
(b) To Scotland.
(c) To Spain.
(d) To Italy.
15. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
(b) He was the Lord Speaker.
(c) He was a Liberal MP.
(d) He was a Conservative MP.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
2. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
3. How did Beatrix's parents become wealthy?
4. How did Beatrix's personality change as time went on in her youth?
5. Around what holiday would the Potter family visit the sea?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)