|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Beatrix described as a child?
(a) Passive, forlorn, and awkward.
(b) Loud, resilient, and stubborn.
(c) Quiet, solitary, and observant.
(d) Carefree, silly, and sweet.
2. What ideas did Beatrix believe in as stated in Chapter 1?
(a) The ideas of lightness and darkness.
(b) The ideas of familial love.
(c) The ideas of heredity.
(d) The ideas of animal behavior.
3. In Chapter 4, what was Beatrix said to have thought was "the crown of a woman's life"?
(c) Her fashion.
(d) Her home.
4. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
5. Why did Beatrix write a letter to five year old Noel Moore?
(a) He was sick.
(b) To offer him a kitten.
(c) To inform him he had won a prize.
(d) For his birthday.
6. When was Beatrix born?
(a) January 10th, 1865.
(b) July 28th, 1866.
(c) April 19th, 1862.
(d) November 4th, 1861.
7. What was Beatrix's father's name?
(a) Rupert Potter.
(b) Lenny Potter.
(c) James Potter.
(d) Gerald Potter.
8. What legend did Beatrix's parents respect?
(a) The Potter legend.
(b) The Crompton legend.
(c) The Roscoe legend.
(d) The Leech legend.
9. What was the surname of Beatrix's cousin Caroline?
10. Which member of the Potter family was not interested in art?
(b) Mr. Potter.
(c) Mrs. Potter.
(d) Uncle Roscoe Henry.
11. How did Beatrix view her childhood surroundings?
(a) As something to escape.
(b) As fun.
(c) As pretentious.
(d) As oppressive.
12. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
(a) Mrs. Potter.
(d) Uncle Henry.
13. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
14. What was the name of Beatrix's hedgehog character?
(a) Miss Moppet.
(b) Jeremy Fisher.
(c) Cecily Parsley.
(d) Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle.
15. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 4, Beatrix worried her publisher wouldn't like ________________.
2. What holiday did the Potter family never celebrate?
3. What would Beatrix's father do in the summer during their vacation?
4. To what religious group did Beatrix's parents belong?
5. How are Caroline's political views described?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)