|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Mrs. Heelis of Sawrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
(a) He was the Lord Speaker.
(b) He was a Conservative MP.
(c) He was the Sergeant-at-Arms
(d) He was a Liberal MP.
2. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
(a) They were sweet.
(b) They were amateurish.
(c) They were well executed.
(d) They were easily imitated by children.
3. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) An atheist.
(b) A Liberal.
(c) A Scottish Calvinist.
(d) A hillbilly.
4. Where did Beatrix find her mother a new home after the War?
(a) A few blocks away from Bolton Gardens.
(b) At a farm near Hill Top.
(c) Near Lake Windermere.
(d) In Kent.
5. What inspired the locals to think of Beatrix as an eccentric?
(a) The way she talked to animals.
(b) Her farming methods.
(c) The people who visited her.
(d) Her indifference to how she dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
2. What did Bertram's art focus on?
3. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
4. What animal did Beatrix note as being graceful and intelligent?
5. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)