|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Mrs. Heelis of Sawrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's first children's book?
(a) The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse.
(b) The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan.
(c) The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes.
(d) The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
2. What animal was central to the financing of Beatrix's farm?
3. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
(a) "The Tale of Velvet Bunny."
(b) "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny."
(c) "The Tale of Flopsy Bunny."
(d) "The Tale of Poppy Bunny."
4. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
(a) For their father's business.
(b) To visit family.
(c) For their father's amusement.
(d) For safety.
5. How did Americans treat Beatrix?
(b) As if she were a sideshow.
(c) With indifference.
(d) With respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
2. What animal did Beatrix note as being graceful and intelligent?
3. What did Beatrix and her brother collect together as children?
4. Why did Beatrix write a letter to five year old Noel Moore?
5. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)