|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Mrs. Heelis of Sawrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beatrix publish her later stories?
(a) To make money.
(b) To prove to her publisher that she could still sell books.
(c) To regain her previous glory.
(d) To show appreciation to her American fans.
2. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) A Liberal.
(b) A hillbilly.
(c) A Scottish Calvinist.
(d) An atheist.
3. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
4. What was the follow-up book to Peter Rabbit?
(a) "The Tale of Flopsy Bunny."
(b) "The Tale of Velvet Bunny."
(c) "The Tale of Benjamin Bunny."
(d) "The Tale of Poppy Bunny."
5. How long did it take to translate the code in Beatrix's diary?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Beatrix find children's literature was treated in America?
2. What were some qualities that Beatrix admired that were found on her grandmother's side?
3. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
4. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
5. Who cracked the code in Beatrix's diary?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)