|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Mrs. Heelis of Sawrey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the diary, what did Beatrix resent?
(a) Living in the city.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her critics.
(d) Becoming an adult.
2. How did Beatrix set about protecting her chosen area of England?
(a) By starting a charity to help protect the land.
(b) By writing a story that depicts the area as too beautiful to abuse.
(c) By buying land.
(d) By promoting government protection of the land.
3. What does Beatrix express her sense of through her characters?
(a) Archetypal characteristics.
(b) Entire species.
(c) Human foibles.
(d) The workings of children's imaginations.
4. What was the name of the village local to Beatrix's farm?
(d) Swan Hollow.
5. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
(a) They would clean the home.
(b) They would visit their loved ones.
(c) They would rest.
(d) They would accompany the Potters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal inspired Beatrix to write "The Roly-Poly Pudding"?
2. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
3. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
4. What is characteristic of many of the locations in Beatrix's books?
5. Which characters did Beatrix imbue with a sense of pride and self-reliance?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)