|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Fairy Caravan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enabled Beatrix to add a deeper level of reality to her characters?
(a) Providing illustrations of them.
(b) Dressing them in clothes.
(c) Their real-life counterparts which she cared for.
(d) Basing them on people she knew.
2. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
(b) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(c) Cut the story down by five pages.
(d) Color her drawings.
3. The people at the meeting in 1896 were skeptical of ____________.
(a) Beatrix's theories.
(b) Beatrix's credentials.
(c) Beatrix's sanity.
(d) Beatrix's talent.
4. Which of Beatrix's American-published books was a failure?
(a) "The Fairy Caravan."
(b) "Wag-by Wall."
(c) "The Tale of Little Pig Robinson."
(d) "Sister Anne."
5. How are Beatrix's grandparents described?
(a) Cold and standoffish.
(b) Mean and cranky.
(c) Original and wild.
(d) Sad and forgiving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the servants do while the Potter family visited the sea?
2. What does Lane say is a fine art for which Beatrix had a talent?
3. What inspired the locals to think of Beatrix as an eccentric?
4. What would Beatrix carry instead of luggage on her travels?
5. Why didn't Beatrix publish one of her books in Britain?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)