|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Fairy Caravan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix focus on producing in 1910?
(a) A novel for adults.
(b) A museum exhibition.
(d) Sets for a theatrical production.
2. What did Beatrix and her brother restore together as children?
(a) A printing press.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A rabbit hutch.
(d) A buggy.
3. Who took care of Beatrix's property during World War I?
(a) Beatrix's father.
(c) A hired worker.
4. What were some qualities that Beatrix admired that were found on her grandmother's side?
(a) Constant kindness and forgiveness.
(b) Wealth and eccentricity.
(c) Her sense of humor and tact.
(d) Vibrancy and energy.
5. How long did Beatrix's tenant farmer work on the farm after she bought it?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did many members of the press think of Beatrix?
2. In which season did Beatrix publish "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
3. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories usually lack?
4. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
5. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)