|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The House in Bedford Square.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) Complete obedience and faith.
(b) Calm and unenthusiastic.
(c) Rigid and unforgiving.
(d) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
2. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As eccentric.
(b) As glamorous.
(c) As naive.
(d) As creative.
3. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
(a) Mrs. Potter.
(c) Uncle Henry.
4. How many copies of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" did Beatrix have printed originally?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Two hundred-fifty.
5. What did Beatrix live without during her youth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urged Beatrix to submit "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" for publication?
2. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
3. What did Beatrix use to help draw the art for "The Tale of Two Bad Mice"?
4. What about Norman's personality made her more comfortable with him?
5. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)