|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Summer Holidays.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix's parents discourage?
(b) Painting and writing.
2. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
(a) For their father's business.
(b) For their father's amusement.
(c) To visit family.
(d) For safety.
3. Beatrix's childhood nurse is described as ________________.
(a) An atheist.
(b) A Scottish Calvinist.
(c) A Liberal.
(d) A hillbilly.
4. When was Beatrix born?
(a) April 19th, 1862.
(b) July 28th, 1866.
(c) November 4th, 1861.
(d) January 10th, 1865.
5. How did Beatrix's parents become wealthy?
(a) They were lucky with stocks.
(b) Her mother had an excellent business sense.
(c) Her father worked constantly.
(d) They inherited their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what fad of the time did Beatrix's father like to engage?
2. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
3. What was Beatrix's grandfather's position in parliament?
4. What began to influence Beatrix's personality during her childhood?
5. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)