|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Fairy Caravan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Beatrix finish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
2. Who was angered by the condescension at the meeting in 1896?
(b) Mrs. Potter.
(d) Uncle Henry.
3. What was against Caroline's beliefs?
(a) Eating meat.
(c) Organized religion.
(d) Women working.
4. What was the name of the farm Beatrix purchased in 1905?
(a) Ambling Acres Farm.
(b) Mountain Lane Farm.
(c) Bluebird Meadow Farm.
(d) Hill Top Farm.
5. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
(a) Earning respect as a woman farmer.
(b) The financial expenses.
(c) The long work hours.
(d) Seeing animals slaughtered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lane say amuses adults about Beatrix's works?
2. What was the name of the work Beatrix published only in America?
3. How did Beatrix find children's literature was treated in America?
4. What was the name of the second farm Beatrix bought in 1909?
5. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)