|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Fairy Caravan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Beatrix find difficult about farm life?
(a) Earning respect as a woman farmer.
(b) The financial expenses.
(c) Seeing animals slaughtered.
(d) The long work hours.
2. What 'vulgarity' does Lane note Beatrix's works lacked?
(c) Contemporary references.
(d) Slang words.
3. When was Warnes sent a copy of "The Tailor of Gloucester"?
(a) Christmas, 1902.
(b) May Day, 1902.
(c) Easter, 1902.
(d) New Year's Day, 1902.
4. What did Beatrix do to her farmhouse one year after buying the farm?
(a) Demolished half of it.
(b) Built an addition.
(c) Renovated the attic into an office.
(d) Turned it into a bed and breakfast.
5. For what type of equality did Beatrix's grandfather campaign?
(a) Gender equality.
(b) Racial equality.
(c) Religious equality.
(d) Workplace equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the people at the meeting in 1896 dislike Beatrix's drawings?
2. What was the name of the second farm Beatrix bought in 1909?
3. What kind of lessons did Beatrix take as an adult?
4. What does Lane say amuses adults about Beatrix's works?
5. How many children's books did Beatrice write in the eight years after she purchased her farm?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)