|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Fairy Caravan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Warnes tell Beatrix she would have to do if she wanted him to publish "The Tale of Peter Rabbit"?
(a) Cut the story down by five pages.
(b) Color her drawings.
(c) Find a more experienced illustrator.
(d) Rewrite the story to be about humans.
2. According to Chapter 2, why were Beatrix and her brother in the countryside with their parents?
(a) For their father's amusement.
(b) To visit family.
(c) For their father's business.
(d) For safety.
3. What did Beatrix ask to sketch in Chapter 4?
(a) Shop interiors.
(c) Farm animals.
4. What was Beatrix's parents' approach to religion?
(a) Calm and unenthusiastic.
(b) A half-hearted attempt at devotion.
(c) Complete obedience and faith.
(d) Rigid and unforgiving.
5. How are Caroline's political views described?
(a) As liberal.
(b) As conservative.
(c) As radical.
(d) As eccentric.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Caroline have a home?
2. What does Lane say amuses adults about Beatrix's works?
3. What year was the code in Beatrix's diary cracked?
4. What did Beatrix NOT think was beautiful during her trips to Scotland?
5. After Beatrix's brother left home, what type of animal did Beatrix focus on?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)