|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Beatrix Potter Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
(a) As glamorous.
(b) As creative.
(c) As eccentric.
(d) As naive.
2. Which characters did Beatrix imbue with a sense of pride and self-reliance?
(a) Her rabbit characters.
(b) Her housewife characters.
(c) Her foreign characters.
(d) Her child characters.
3. What does Lane note Beatrix's stories usually lack?
(a) A happy conclusion.
(b) A moral.
(c) An antagonist.
(d) A climax.
4. How old was Beatrix when Caroline invited her to her home?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Twenty-four years old.
(c) Thirty-two years old.
(d) Twenty-eight years old.
5. What is characteristic of many of the locations in Beatrix's books?
(a) They are real.
(b) They are named after her friends.
(c) They are free of humans.
(d) They are imaginary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
2. Where did Caroline have a home?
3. What does the author say of Beatrix's art works?
4. What did Beatrix do with flowers after her brother left home?
5. What happened after the decade of Beatrix's best writing?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)