|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Beatrix Potter Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the books Beatrix published after her marriage based on?
(b) Historical figures.
(c) Her previous work.
(d) Traditional fairy tales.
2. What was Beatrix's brother's name?
3. What surprised Beatrix about the Warnes' family life?
(a) Its lavishness.
(b) Its solemnity.
(c) Its coldness.
(d) Its vibrancy.
4. Which characters did Beatrix imbue with a sense of pride and self-reliance?
(a) Her foreign characters.
(b) Her rabbit characters.
(c) Her child characters.
(d) Her housewife characters.
5. How did children respond to "The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin"?
(a) They didn't understand it.
(b) They loved it.
(c) They were frightened by it.
(d) They were bored by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beatrix sometimes write about while in Scotland?
2. How was Beatrix viewed by others as she aged in Bolton Gardens?
3. What would Beatrix and her brother often do with the animals and plants they observed?
4. What did Beatrix's parents object to in Chapter 4?
5. How many books did Beatrix publish after her marriage?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)