|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aristotle the first to call Culum?
2. Who does Culum accuse Dirk of using Culum and Tess's elopement to provoke?
3. What makes Gordon angry about Dirk confronting him regarding the Triads?
4. Who does Dirk tell Brock is to blame for drugging Culum and taking him to a whorehouse?
5. When Dirk arrives at the harbor master's office, where are Tess and Culum?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of Hong Kong to the Chinese and to the British? How do the traders feel about the possession of Hong Kong?
Essay Topic 2
What role do the church and religion play in Tai-Pan? How does Dirk feel about religion and the church? How does May-may feel about religion? Why does she consider converting to Christianity and why does she decide against conversion?
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of honor in Chinese society? What role do honor and dignity play in Tai-Pan? How are they portrayed? Who shows honor and/or dignity? How?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)