|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 33, who tells Dirk they cannot find the bark?
2. What has Monsey been instructed to sail regardless of?
3. What happens to Dirk's factory during the second round of the storm?
4. With what kind of juice does May-may start taking her medicine?
5. When does Brock tell Dirk he will have anything to do with Tess and Culum after they are married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gordon Chen is Dirk's son just as Culum is, yet he isn't even considered as an heir for The Noble House. Why? What is different about Gordon Chen in comparison to Culum that makes him a poor choice for the future tai pan?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the novel, what is the financial situation of The Noble House? How did the company get into this situation? What is the deal between Jin-qua and Dirk and why is it necessary in saving The Noble House?
Essay Topic 3
What role do the church and religion play in Tai-Pan? How does Dirk feel about religion and the church? How does May-may feel about religion? Why does she consider converting to Christianity and why does she decide against conversion?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)