Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bishop say he was when the bark cured his malaria?
2. In Chapter 44, what is the only reason Dirk will allow himself to be disturbed when he returns home?
3. Who does Culum tell Dirk he will join The Noble House with?
4. Where is the bishop's palace?
5. What is Brock planning to do with Dirk when he summons him to the knoll?
There are several instances of symbolism in Tai-Pan, such as the half coins and the relationship between Dirk and May-may. Discuss the presence of symbolism in the novel, including what the symbols are and what they stand for.
What is the importance of Hong Kong to the Chinese and to the British? How do the traders feel about the possession of Hong Kong?
At the beginning of the novel, what is the financial situation of The Noble House? How did the company get into this situation? What is the deal between Jin-qua and Dirk and why is it necessary in saving The Noble House?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)