Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bishop say he was when the bark cured his malaria?
2. In Chapter 44, what is the only reason Dirk will allow himself to be disturbed when he returns home?
3. Who does Culum tell Dirk he will join The Noble House with?
4. Where is the bishop's palace?
5. What is Brock planning to do with Dirk when he summons him to the knoll?
Essay Topic 1
Why do Dirk and Brock decide to form their uneasy truce? What leads to the truce? Why is it important for these two characters to come to some sort of understanding? What might have happened if they had not called a truce?
Essay Topic 2
What examples of marriage are portrayed in Tai-Pan? What seems to be the overall view of marriage based on these examples? Does the author use marriages with a purpose in mind? What is the purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Dirk Straun is the hero of this story. What does it mean to be a hero? How does Dirk fit the definition of a hero? What are some of his heroic acts?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)