Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which ship collides with the Boston Princess?
2. Who does Culum tell Brock gave him the idea to elope with Tess?
3. When does Brock tell Dirk he will have anything to do with Tess and Culum after they are married?
4. Who finds the bodies of Dirk and May-may?
5. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
What role do the church and religion play in Tai-Pan? How does Dirk feel about religion and the church? How does May-may feel about religion? Why does she consider converting to Christianity and why does she decide against conversion?
Discuss the culture clash between the English and the Chinese people in this novel. Where do we see the clash? How does the clash affect the events of the story?
Dirk takes many calculated risks throughout the course of the novel. What are the risks he takes? Are his risks wise or foolish? In other words, does Dirk succeed through luck or through shrewd business sense? Why?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)