Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bishop say he was when the bark cured his malaria?
2. In Chapter 44, what is the only reason Dirk will allow himself to be disturbed when he returns home?
3. Who does Culum tell Dirk he will join The Noble House with?
4. Where is the bishop's palace?
5. What is Brock planning to do with Dirk when he summons him to the knoll?
How does the setting, both physical and historical, affect the plot of Tai-Pan? What is the importance of picking this specific time in history to set the novel in? Could the story have worked in a different historical setting? Why or why not?
How does Tyler Brock fit the role of antagonist in this novel? Is he the only antagonist? If so, why? If not, who else can be seen as an antagonist and why?
What motivates Jin-qua to help save The Noble House? Are his intentions honorable or is he simply trying to help himself and using The Noble House as a pawn? Or, is there a little bit of honor and self-interest at the same time?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)