|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fills May-may in on everything that happened while she was ill?
(b) Mary Sinclair.
2. What does May-may buy Dirk for his birthday?
(a) A new suit.
(b) An expensive bottle of whiskey.
(c) A Chinese girl.
(d) A clipper ship.
3. Who does May-may order to join Dirk in his bed?
(c) Mary Sinclair.
4. What is Brock planning to do with Dirk when he summons him to the knoll?
(a) Demand money.
(b) Fight to the death.
(c) Make a deal with him.
(d) Sell him the knoll.
5. Who sent Monsey to Hong Kong?
(c) The Queen of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Culum and Dirk agree to have dinner together in Chapter 41?
2. What does Liza beg Brock to recognize Culum as?
3. What does Dirk set up a partnership with Cooper to trade?
4. What does Dirk tell Culum and Tess they are a part of regardless of what Brock says?
5. Who is upset by the article in the <i>Oriental Times</i>?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)