|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bishop tell Dirk he owes the church for the bark to cure May-may?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) A ship load of tea.
(c) His devotion.
2. In Chapter 34, who finds out that Mary Sinclair took herbs to cause an abortion?
(a) Gordon Chen.
3. What does Dirk do while he waits for word about the missing Culum?
(b) Searches the streets for Culum.
(c) Tries to work.
(d) Visits a whorehouse.
4. In Chapter 44, what is the only reason Dirk will allow himself to be disturbed when he returns home?
(a) For an emergency.
(b) For the emperor.
(c) For Culum.
(d) For May-may.
5. Who threatens to charge Culum with treason if he doesn't deliver Dirk's papers to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dirk bring to the factory to ride out the storm?
2. Who does Dirk tell Brock is to blame for drugging Culum and taking him to a whorehouse?
3. In Chapter 50, who suggests to Culum that they join their houses?
4. What does Brock apologize to Dirk for when they are at the knoll together?
5. According to the documents in the briefcase, who will be in position to take control of China in five years?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)