|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Skinner lose in the storm?
(a) His printing equipment.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His home.
(d) His life.
2. Who does Dirk sail to Aberdeen to meet at midnight?
3. What makes Gordon angry about Dirk confronting him regarding the Triads?
(a) Dirk is lying.
(b) He is hurt that Dirk doesn't trust him.
(c) The assassin talked.
(d) May-may told Dirk about Gordon's leadership position.
4. Whom does Culum ask to take care of the funeral arrangements for Dirk and May-may?
5. What has Monsey been instructed to sail regardless of?
(a) The weather.
(b) Longstaff's answer.
(c) The ship's cargo.
(d) The condition of the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gordon respond to Dirk when Dirk asks him if he is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong.
2. Where is the bishop's palace?
3. What does Dirk do while he waits for word about the missing Culum?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 48, what is falling rapidly?
5. What is in the secret report Dirk finds in the briefcase that worries him?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the book, why does Gordon Chen think The Noble House is dead?
2. What causes the wages and costs in Hong Kong to rise above Dirk's expectations?
3. In Chapter 41, why does Culum tell Liza she cannot take Tess back to her home?
4. When Dirk and Brock meet to fight at the knoll, why do they begin to talk about the weather?
5. Why does Dirk want to send Father Sebastian to Peru?
6. What does Dirk think is the reason Culum cannot remember where he was in Macao?
7. Why does Whalen send Monsey to Hong Kong to tell Longstaff he must leave?
8. Why does Gorth go to the English club looking for Dirk?
9. Why does Dirk remind Gorth that it is against the law to murder a prostitute?
10. Why does Dirk think Culum should spend more time with Jeff Cooper.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)