|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aristotle the first to call Culum?
(c) Mr. Straun.
2. Who gives Culum the idea to elope with Tess?
3. Who threatens to charge Culum with treason if he doesn't deliver Dirk's papers to him?
4. What happens to Dirk's factory during the second round of the storm?
(a) It stands strong.
(b) The western wall crumbles.
(c) All of the windows are blown out.
(d) The roof blows off.
5. What is in the sack that Dirk finds in Aberdeen?
(b) Scragger's body.
(d) Gorth's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dirk remind there are laws against murder when Culum is missing?
2. Who performs the marriage of Culum and Tess?
3. Which ship collides with the Boston Princess?
4. When does Brock tell Dirk he will have anything to do with Tess and Culum after they are married?
5. In Chapter 37, who is the letter from that Culum delivers to Dirk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gordon Chen plan to hide the fact that he is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong from Dirk after Dirk confronts him about whether he is a leader?
2. In Chapter 47, why does Dirk move May-may and the others to his factory in Happy Valley?
3. Why does Whalen send Monsey to Hong Kong to tell Longstaff he must leave?
4. What does Dirk hope the information he leaks for the article in the Oriental Times will do?
5. Why does Dirk lie to Brock about Tess and Culum being poxed?
6. How is the White Witch damaged in Chapter 45?
7. During the storm, how does one of Dirk's sailors die?
8. Why does Dirk instruct Gordon Chen to form a spy system?
9. Why does Gorth go to the English club looking for Dirk?
10. How will Dirk and the others know when the eye of the storm is centered over Hong Kong?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)