|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the sack that Dirk finds in Aberdeen?
(b) Scragger's body.
(c) Gorth's body.
2. Who fills May-may in on everything that happened while she was ill?
(c) Mary Sinclair.
3. What has Monsey been instructed to sail regardless of?
(a) The ship's cargo.
(b) Longstaff's answer.
(c) The condition of the ship.
(d) The weather.
4. What does Skinner's editorial urge the traders to do?
(a) Discredit Cunningham.
(b) Purchase opium.
(c) Leave China.
(d) Purchase tea.
5. In Chapter 34, who finds out that Mary Sinclair took herbs to cause an abortion?
(b) Gordon Chen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does May-may order to join Dirk in his bed?
2. According to May-may, how did she hear of Yin-hsi?
3. Who does Dirk bring to the factory to ride out the storm?
4. Who does Culum accuse Dirk of using Culum and Tess's elopement to provoke?
5. When the eye of the storm arrives, what does Horatio plan to see Glessing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is May-may angry at the assassin who named Gordon Chen as the leader of the Triads?
2. Why do the Russians feel they must control China?
3. Why does Whalen send Monsey to Hong Kong to tell Longstaff he must leave?
4. When Dirk and Brock meet to fight at the knoll, why do they begin to talk about the weather?
5. Why does Gorth go to the English club looking for Dirk?
6. What does Dirk think is the reason Culum cannot remember where he was in Macao?
7. Why does Dirk remind Gorth that it is against the law to murder a prostitute?
8. Why does Dirk instruct Gordon Chen to form a spy system?
9. In Chapter 49, why does Zergeyev think the Russians will now be able to dominate China?
10. In Chapter 47, why does Dirk move May-may and the others to his factory in Happy Valley?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)