|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cuts off Glessing's arm?
(a) A falling tree.
(b) Brock's sword.
(c) A pane of glass.
(d) A falling flagpole.
2. Who does Dirk want to introduce Zergeyev around Washington, D.C.?
3. What does May-may buy Dirk for his birthday?
(a) A new suit.
(b) An expensive bottle of whiskey.
(c) A clipper ship.
(d) A Chinese girl.
4. What does Brock apologize to Dirk for when they are at the knoll together?
(b) Gorth's behavior and summoning Dirk to the knoll.
(c) Tricking him.
(d) Tess and Culum's marriage.
5. How does Gordon respond to Dirk when Dirk asks him if he is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong.
(a) He attacks Dirk.
(b) He tells Dirk that Brock is the leader.
(c) He admits it is true.
(d) He says it's a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is discovered in an alley near Chinatown?
2. Who does Culum tell Dirk he will join The Noble House with?
3. In Chapter 45, where does Brock ask Dirk to meet him?
4. What does Dirk decide to do with May-may in Chapter 44?
5. What does Dirk want to do during his trip back to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dirk think Culum should spend more time with Jeff Cooper.
2. What does Dirk hope the information he leaks for the article in the Oriental Times will do?
3. Why does Richard Crosse go by the name Roger Blore?
4. Why does Dirk remind Gorth that it is against the law to murder a prostitute?
5. How will Dirk and the others know when the eye of the storm is centered over Hong Kong?
6. Why does Dirk want to send Father Sebastian to Peru?
7. How does Gordon Chen plan to hide the fact that he is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong from Dirk after Dirk confronts him about whether he is a leader?
8. What does Dirk think is the reason Culum cannot remember where he was in Macao?
9. In Chapter 41, why does Culum tell Liza she cannot take Tess back to her home?
10. As Dirk and Captain Orlov sail back to Hong Kong in Chapter 42, why do they think they're getting old?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)