|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose proposal of marriage does Mary Sinclair accept?
2. In Dirk's dispatch to Robb, what does he instruct Robb to do in Hong Kong?
(a) Befriend Brock.
(b) Murder Gorth.
(c) Buy as much land as possible.
(d) Take a ship back to England.
3. With whom is May-May waiting in Dirk's quarters when he returns from his first meeting with Jin-qua?
(d) Mary Sinclair.
4. Who volunteers to judge the ball gown after Quance leaves?
5. Ti-sen agrees to loan Dirk money in exchange for Dirk agreeing to what being in Hong Kong?
(a) The emperor.
(b) A pirate's headquarters.
(c) A Chinese temple of worship.
(d) A mandarin.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Dirk can get a monopoly in Russia, what does he believe he will be able to do?
2. Where does Dirk tell Robb and Culum The Noble House is to be permanently headquartered?
3. Who is the officer on Brock's boat that wants to marry Tess?
4. What kind of a ship do Dirk and Culum see from the mountain?
5. Why is Ti-sen considered a traitor to the emperor?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Zergeyev is judging the gown contest, why does he try to find out who Dirk favors?
2. If Dirk is unable to save his company, what will become of Brock and why does the outcome bother Dirk?
3. When Brock is dressing for the ball, what does he try to hide from Liza?
4. How does Brock know about Dirk's financial problems?
5. Why do Liza and Tess sail to Macao together?
6. What does Wu Fang Choi request from Dirk when he presents his half coin?
7. How does Longstaff plan to break into China's tea monopoly?
8. What does Brock do that causes Dirk to accuse him of piracy?
9. Why does Brock panic when Dirk pays his debt to Brock in silver?
10. Why is the note that Longstaff asks to have translated into Chinese puzzling to Horatio and Glessing?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)