Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who is Dirk waiting to see in Canton?
2. What is Alexi Zergeyev's title?
3. Who greets Dirk while the men are unloading the barrels in Chapter 12?
(a) Mary Sinclair.
4. In Chapter 3, how much time does Dirk have to save his trading company?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) 29 days.
(d) Three months.
5. What signals the beginning of the evening of festivities?
(a) A speech delivered by Dirk.
(c) A cannon shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wu Kwok's father?
2. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
3. Whose servants are secretly all a part of Hung Mun Tong?
4. What is Brock's ship called?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Liza tell Brock is her reason for sailing to Macao?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dirk think Culum should spend more time with Jeff Cooper.
2. In Chapter 47, why does Dirk move May-may and the others to his factory in Happy Valley?
3. How does Dirk feel about the way Culum solves the problem of the knoll?
4. Why does Dirk view Hong Kong as a valuable prize?
5. Why does Brock panic when Dirk pays his debt to Brock in silver?
6. Why isn't Sarah able to attend Dirk's ball?
7. What does Wu Fang Choi request from Dirk when he presents his half coin?
8. What does May-may say will happen to Yin-hsi if Dirk sends her away?
9. After finding May-may dressed in a ball gown with her hair styled like an English woman's, what does Dirk do to restore her dignity?
10. According to Culum, how did Dirk use him and Tess?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)