|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what village does Dirk wait for Wu Kwok?
(a) Happy Valley.
2. Who is kept busy painting portraits of Robb's children?
(a) Aristotle Quance.
(b) Mary Sinclair.
(c) Maureen Quance.
(d) Liza Brock.
3. When Dirk returns home after the ball, who is waiting for him in his living room?
(b) The bishop.
4. With whom is May-May waiting in Dirk's quarters when he returns from his first meeting with Jin-qua?
(c) Mary Sinclair.
5. What activity will end the day of festivities?
(a) Culum and Tess's wedding.
(b) The ball.
(c) The sale of Hong Kong.
(d) Dirk and May-may's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possessions of Aristotle's does Maureen Quance destroy?
2. With what does Dirk bribe Chinese officials?
3. In Chapter 4, who is Dirk waiting to see in Canton?
4. Who is Wu Kwok's father?
5. In Chapter 1, who takes possession of Hong Kong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jin-qua order Gordon Chen to do anything that May-may requests of him?
2. How does Longstaff plan to break into China's tea monopoly?
3. What does Dirk believe he will be able to do if he gets the trade monopoly in Russia?
4. Why do the merchants think they will be attacked when they are at the Canton settlement?
5. Why does May-may think Tess and Culum should marry as quickly as possible?
6. Why is Dirk surprised to see Wu Fang Choi's ship in Hong Kong waters?
7. What is Dirk's reason for firing Captain Perry?
8. What does Wu Fang Choi request from Dirk when he presents his half coin?
9. Why do the Chinese consider Ti-sen a traitor?
10. Why do Liza and Tess sail to Macao together?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)