|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose servants are secretly all a part of Hung Mun Tong?
(b) The bishop's.
2. With whom is May-May waiting in Dirk's quarters when he returns from his first meeting with Jin-qua?
(c) Mary Sinclair.
3. Where does Dirk tell Robb and Culum The Noble House is to be permanently headquartered?
(a) Hong Kong.
(b) Happy Valley.
4. What is Brock's ship called?
(a) The White Witch.
(b) The Resting Cloud.
(c) The Scarlet Cloud.
(d) The Black Witch.
5. Ti-sen agrees to loan Dirk money in exchange for Dirk agreeing to what being in Hong Kong?
(a) A mandarin.
(b) The emperor.
(c) A Chinese temple of worship.
(d) A pirate's headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Brock suggest that he and Dirk do?
2. How long is the indenture agreement for the men who arrive with Captain Scragger?
3. What activity will end the day of festivities?
4. The Chinese call Straun and Company another name. What is it?
5. Who replaces Ah-Gip as May-may's servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dirk oppose Longstaff's idea of evacuating Happy Valley?
2. How does Brock know about Dirk's financial problems?
3. What does Wu Fang Choi request from Dirk when he presents his half coin?
4. Why does Jin-qua order Gordon Chen to do anything that May-may requests of him?
5. Why does Dirk view Hong Kong as a valuable prize?
6. What are the stakes in the wager that Dirk and Zergeyev make on the prize fight?
7. Why is the note that Longstaff asks to have translated into Chinese puzzling to Horatio and Glessing?
8. How does Longstaff plan to break into China's tea monopoly?
9. Who are the three people that Dirk must send to England to receive an English education.
10. As Zergeyev is judging the gown contest, why does he try to find out who Dirk favors?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)