|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ti-sen wearing when he is brought into the square?
(c) A kimono.
(d) A blindfold.
2. Who replaces Ah-Gip as May-may's servant?
(d) Mary Sinclair.
3. Who owns the ship that takes Sarah back to England?
(c) The East India Company.
4. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
(a) There are too many problems.
(b) He doesn't like the whorehouses.
(c) There are too many traders there.
(d) He would rather go home to England.
5. Who is the officer on Brock's boat that wants to marry Tess?
(c) Jeff Cooper.
(d) Nygreck Thumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dirk's dispatch to Robb, what does he instruct Robb to do in Hong Kong?
2. According to Captain Scragger, when will Wu Kwok be in Quemony?
3. Where do all of the traders decide to go if they are attacked by the Chinese?
4. In what village does Dirk wait for Wu Kwok?
5. Who is May-may?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dirk's reason for firing Captain Perry?
2. Why is the note that Longstaff asks to have translated into Chinese puzzling to Horatio and Glessing?
3. What does Dirk do to keep the bullion on board his ship a secret when he reaches Hong Kong?
4. Why does Dirk view Hong Kong as a valuable prize?
5. Why does May-may think Tess and Culum should marry as quickly as possible?
6. Why doesn't Dirk want to move their operations out of Happy Valley?
7. When Brock is dressing for the ball, what does he try to hide from Liza?
8. Why does Brock plan to replace his clipper ships with steam-powered ships?
9. Why do Liza and Tess sail to Macao together?
10. How does Dirk feel about the way Culum solves the problem of the knoll?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)