|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dirk find lying dead in his bed?
2. How many nights of sleep does Culum lose over the knoll incident?
(a) One night.
(b) Zero nights.
(c) Two nights.
(d) Five nights.
3. Who does May-may tell Gordon Chen she wants killed in Macao?
4. In Dirk's dispatch to Robb, what does he instruct Robb to do in Hong Kong?
(a) Take a ship back to England.
(b) Befriend Brock.
(c) Buy as much land as possible.
(d) Murder Gorth.
5. What is Ti-sen wearing when he is brought into the square?
(c) A blindfold.
(d) A kimono.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dirk learns that the Turks opened up what empire for British trade?
2. Who does May-may send to Macao when the epidemic begins?
3. Where do all of the traders decide to go if they are attacked by the Chinese?
4. Who is Wu Kwok's father?
5. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wu Fang Choi request from Dirk when he presents his half coin?
2. Why does Brock panic when Dirk pays his debt to Brock in silver?
3. Why do Liza and Tess sail to Macao together?
4. What does Dirk believe he will be able to do if he gets the trade monopoly in Russia?
5. How does Longstaff plan to break into China's tea monopoly?
6. What does Brock do that causes Dirk to accuse him of piracy?
7. Why does Dirk have to be very careful when he travels to visit Jin-qua?
8. What does Sarah tell Dirk about Robb's last message to him?
9. Why do the merchants think they will be attacked when they are at the Canton settlement?
10. Why do the Chinese consider Ti-sen a traitor?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)