|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 49, what does Dirk order Orlov to do?
(a) Murder Gorth.
(b) Purchase opium.
(c) Sail to Peru.
(d) Turn the China Cloud around.
2. What is Roger Blore's real name?
(a) John Adamson.
(b) Richard Crosse.
(c) Jeff Cooper.
(d) Wilf Tillman.
3. What does Dirk decide to do with May-may in Chapter 44?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Murder her.
(c) Leave her.
(d) Sell her.
4. Where do Culum and Dirk agree to have dinner together in Chapter 41?
(a) The club.
(b) Brock's house.
(c) At Tess and Culum's house.
(d) Dirk's house.
5. Who do the authorities learn is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong when they capture the assassin?
(a) Gordon Chen.
(b) Wu Kwok.
6. What does Dirk tell Culum and Tess they are a part of regardless of what Brock says?
(a) Dirk's family.
(b) The British government.
(c) Brock's family.
(d) The Noble House.
7. How long does Dirk give Gordon to find out who the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong is?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
8. Who does May-may order to join Dirk in his bed?
(a) Mary Sinclair.
9. Who is the leader of the Triads in Macao?
(b) Gordon Chen.
(d) Chen Sheng.
10. What do Dirk and Wu Kwok both vow to do after Dirk finds the sack?
(a) Avenge Scragger's death.
(b) Join forces.
(c) Kill each other.
(d) Murder Brock.
11. What cuts off Glessing's arm?
(a) Brock's sword.
(b) A falling flagpole.
(c) A falling tree.
(d) A pane of glass.
12. To whom does Dirk offer the job of head of the fleet?
(a) Captain Orlov.
13. What is the bark that might cure May-may but might also be a wives' tale?
(a) Eucalyptus bark.
(b) Cherry tree bark.
(c) Poplar bark.
(d) Cinchona bark.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 48, what is falling rapidly?
(a) The price of tea.
(d) The barometer.
15. What is in the secret report Dirk finds in the briefcase that worries him?
(a) A Russian plan to start a new trading company.
(b) Information about the tea trade.
(c) Details on the opium trade.
(d) A Russian plan for world domination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is discovered in an alley near Chinatown?
2. What does Liza beg Brock to recognize Culum as?
3. What is in the sack that Dirk finds in Aberdeen?
4. What does the bishop tell Dirk he owes the church for the bark to cure May-may?
5. Who does Culum tell Dirk he will join The Noble House with?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)