|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Dirk suggest for the new town in Hong Kong?
(c) New England.
(d) London Town.
2. What does Skinner's editorial urge the traders to do?
(a) Purchase tea.
(b) Discredit Cunningham.
(c) Purchase opium.
(d) Leave China.
3. Where do Culum and Tess stay in Macao after their wedding?
(a) The English Hotel.
(b) Dirk's factory.
(c) The Resting Cloud.
(d) The White Witch.
4. Who secretly owns the Oriental Times?
5. Which ship collides with the Boston Princess?
(a) The White Witch.
(b) The Scarlet Cloud.
(c) The China Cloud.
(d) The Resting Cloud.
6. Whom does Culum ask to take care of the funeral arrangements for Dirk and May-may?
7. While at the knoll, what do Dirk and Brock agree is coming?
(a) The end of their trading days.
(b) A typhoon.
(c) The death of Brock.
(d) The British army.
8. Who tells Dirk that dueling is outlawed in Macao?
(b) A British officer.
(d) A Portuguese officer.
9. Who does Culum tell Dirk he will join The Noble House with?
(a) Brock and Sons.
(b) Cooper and Tillman.
(c) No one.
10. Who does Dirk ask to be Tai-Tai?
(a) Wu Kwok.
11. Where do Culum and Dirk agree to have dinner together in Chapter 41?
(a) Brock's house.
(b) Dirk's house.
(c) At Tess and Culum's house.
(d) The club.
12. Who is upset by the article in the Oriental Times?
(c) Mary Sinclair.
13. Why is Glessing angry with Longstaff in Chapter 47?
(a) Longstaff flirted with Mary.
(b) Longstaff suggested that Glessing go to England.
(c) Longstaff cheated him out of money.
(d) Longstaff lied to him.
14. Who do the authorities learn is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong when they capture the assassin?
(a) Wu Kwok.
(d) Gordon Chen.
15. According to the documents in the briefcase, who will be in position to take control of China in five years?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Portuguese.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, who suggests to Culum that they join their houses?
2. In Chapter 33, who tells Dirk they cannot find the bark?
3. Who does Culum tell Brock gave him the idea to elope with Tess?
4. What happens to Dirk's factory during the second round of the storm?
5. Who does Dirk bring to the factory to ride out the storm?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)