|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the knoll, what do Dirk and Brock agree is coming?
(a) A typhoon.
(b) The death of Brock.
(c) The end of their trading days.
(d) The British army.
2. To whom does Dirk offer the job of head of the fleet?
(a) Captain Orlov.
3. Where do Culum and Dirk agree to have dinner together in Chapter 41?
(a) Brock's house.
(b) Dirk's house.
(c) The club.
(d) At Tess and Culum's house.
4. Where does the bishop say he was when the bark cured his malaria?
5. How is the bark to cure her of malaria given to May-may.
(a) In a tablet.
(b) In a syrup.
(c) In a tea.
(d) In a powder.
6. In Chapter 34, who finds out that Mary Sinclair took herbs to cause an abortion?
(d) Gordon Chen.
7. What makes Gordon angry about Dirk confronting him regarding the Triads?
(a) The assassin talked.
(b) He is hurt that Dirk doesn't trust him.
(c) May-may told Dirk about Gordon's leadership position.
(d) Dirk is lying.
8. Who do the authorities learn is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong when they capture the assassin?
(a) Wu Kwok.
(b) Gordon Chen.
9. Which ship collides with the Boston Princess?
(a) The White Witch.
(b) The Scarlet Cloud.
(c) The Resting Cloud.
(d) The China Cloud.
10. What does Dirk decide to do with May-may in Chapter 44?
(a) Sell her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Murder her.
(d) Leave her.
11. Where is the bishop's palace?
(a) In Canton.
(b) Near the Great Wall.
(c) In Quenoy.
(d) In Happy Valley.
12. Who does Dirk tell Brock is to blame for drugging Culum and taking him to a whorehouse?
13. Where do Culum and Tess stay in Macao after their wedding?
(a) The English Hotel.
(b) Dirk's factory.
(c) The Resting Cloud.
(d) The White Witch.
14. What name does Dirk suggest for the new town in Hong Kong?
(c) London Town.
(d) New England.
15. Who fills May-may in on everything that happened while she was ill?
(c) Mary Sinclair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 44, what is the only reason Dirk will allow himself to be disturbed when he returns home?
2. Whose body is discovered in an alley near Chinatown?
3. What does Dirk do while he waits for word about the missing Culum?
4. What does Dirk want to do during his trip back to England?
5. When does Brock tell Dirk he will have anything to do with Tess and Culum after they are married?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)