Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the bishop say he was when the bark cured his malaria?
2. In Chapter 44, what is the only reason Dirk will allow himself to be disturbed when he returns home?
(a) For the emperor.
(b) For an emergency.
(c) For May-may.
(d) For Culum.
3. Who does Culum tell Dirk he will join The Noble House with?
(a) No one.
(b) Cooper and Tillman.
(d) Brock and Sons.
4. Where is the bishop's palace?
(a) In Quenoy.
(b) Near the Great Wall.
(c) In Happy Valley.
(d) In Canton.
5. What is Brock planning to do with Dirk when he summons him to the knoll?
(a) Make a deal with him.
(b) Sell him the knoll.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Demand money.
6. Who fills May-may in on everything that happened while she was ill?
(b) Mary Sinclair.
7. How does Gordon respond to Dirk when Dirk asks him if he is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong.
(a) He attacks Dirk.
(b) He says it's a lie.
(c) He tells Dirk that Brock is the leader.
(d) He admits it is true.
8. What do Dirk and Wu Kwok both vow to do after Dirk finds the sack?
(a) Join forces.
(b) Avenge Scragger's death.
(c) Murder Brock.
(d) Kill each other.
9. With what kind of juice does May-may start taking her medicine?
10. To whom does Dirk offer the job of head of the fleet?
(d) Captain Orlov.
11. What does Skinner's editorial urge the traders to do?
(a) Discredit Cunningham.
(b) Leave China.
(c) Purchase opium.
(d) Purchase tea.
12. Why is Glessing angry with Longstaff in Chapter 47?
(a) Longstaff cheated him out of money.
(b) Longstaff suggested that Glessing go to England.
(c) Longstaff flirted with Mary.
(d) Longstaff lied to him.
13. When the eye of the storm arrives, what does Horatio plan to see Glessing about?
(a) Purchasing some land.
(b) Entering the opium trade.
(c) Glessing ending his engagement to Mary.
(d) Assassinating Brock.
14. Who does Dirk tell Brock is to blame for drugging Culum and taking him to a whorehouse?
15. Who is the leader of the Triads in Macao?
(a) Gordon Chen.
(c) Chen Sheng.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brock apologize to Dirk for when they are at the knoll together?
2. What has Monsey been instructed to sail regardless of?
3. What does the bishop tell Dirk he owes the church for the bark to cure May-may?
4. Where do Culum and Dirk agree to have dinner together in Chapter 41?
5. Who does Dirk want to introduce Zergeyev around Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)