|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent Monsey to Hong Kong?
(d) The Queen of England.
2. Who fills May-may in on everything that happened while she was ill?
(a) Mary Sinclair.
3. Where do Culum and Dirk agree to have dinner together in Chapter 41?
(a) The club.
(b) At Tess and Culum's house.
(c) Dirk's house.
(d) Brock's house.
4. What does Dirk tell Culum and Tess they are a part of regardless of what Brock says?
(a) The British government.
(b) Brock's family.
(c) Dirk's family.
(d) The Noble House.
5. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
(b) Aristotle Quance.
6. When the eye of the storm arrives, what does Horatio plan to see Glessing about?
(a) Entering the opium trade.
(b) Purchasing some land.
(c) Glessing ending his engagement to Mary.
(d) Assassinating Brock.
7. Who is the leader of the Triads in Macao?
(a) Gordon Chen.
(c) Chen Sheng.
8. Who does Dirk ask to be Tai-Tai?
(a) Wu Kwok.
9. At the knoll, what lie does Dirk tell Brock about Tess?
(a) That she is poxed.
(b) That she is not Brock's daughter.
(c) That she is dead.
(d) That she married Dirk.
10. In Chapter 45, where does Brock ask Dirk to meet him?
(a) At the factory.
(b) At May-may's house.
(c) On the White Witch.
(d) At the knoll.
11. Why do some people believe the storm in Chapter 47 isn't a typhoon?
(a) The winds are from the north.
(b) There are never typhoons in Hong Kong.
(c) It isn't strong enough.
(d) It's the wrong season.
12. What does Dirk set up a partnership with Cooper to trade?
(b) Cinchona bark.
(c) Chinese slaves.
13. When Dirk returns from the English Club following the duel challenge, who is waiting for him at his home?
(a) Wu Fang Choi.
(b) Tess Brock.
(c) Liza Brock.
(d) Mary Sinclair.
14. What does the British government plan to do with Longstaff?
(a) Replace him.
(b) Promote him.
(c) Send him to Russia.
(d) Have him executed.
15. What cuts off Glessing's arm?
(a) A falling flagpole.
(b) Brock's sword.
(c) A pane of glass.
(d) A falling tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 44, what is the only reason Dirk will allow himself to be disturbed when he returns home?
2. Who does May-may order to join Dirk in his bed?
3. What do Dirk and Wu Kwok both vow to do after Dirk finds the sack?
4. Who does Dirk remind there are laws against murder when Culum is missing?
5. What does Skinner lose in the storm?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)