|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights of sleep does Culum lose over the knoll incident?
(a) Five nights.
(b) One night.
(c) Zero nights.
(d) Two nights.
2. Dirk learns that the Turks opened up what empire for British trade?
(a) The Spanish Empire.
(b) The Indian Empire.
(c) The Japanese Empire.
(d) The Ottoman Empire.
3. What do Sarah and Robb argue about before the ball?
(a) The baby.
(c) Robb's inability to return to England with Sarah.
(d) Their daughter's wedding.
4. In Dirk's dispatch to Robb, what does he instruct Robb to do in Hong Kong?
(a) Befriend Brock.
(b) Buy as much land as possible.
(c) Take a ship back to England.
(d) Murder Gorth.
5. In Chapter 1, who takes possession of Hong Kong?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The British.
(d) The Chinese.
6. As they are standing in the square waiting for Ti-sen to be sentenced, whom does Dirk stop from talking to the crowd?
7. Who writes a letter that angers Ti-sen?
8. What trade does Zergeyev offer Dirk as a monopoly in Russia?
(d) Cinchon bark.
9. With what does Dirk bribe Chinese officials?
(a) Special privileges.
10. The emperor offers Wu Fang Choi mandarinates if he attacks what?
(a) Hong Kong harbor.
(b) Dirk's fleet.
(c) The Russian archduke.
11. What does Wu Kwok give Dirk from the Scarlet Cloud?
(b) The flag and log book.
(c) A chest of gold.
(d) The anchor.
12. According to Captain Orlov, who will have blood on his hands when he becomes tai-pan.
(a) Gordon Chen.
13. With whom does Dirk set sail prior to the ball?
(c) Wu Fang Choi.
(d) The expeditionary force.
14. Who owns the ship that takes Sarah back to England?
(a) The East India Company.
15. What group is not being forced out of the settlement?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a ship do Dirk and Culum see from the mountain?
2. How long is the indenture agreement for the men who arrive with Captain Scragger?
3. What does May-may help Mary Sinclair to arrange?
4. Who replaces Ah-Gip as May-may's servant?
5. Where does Dirk tell Robb and Culum The Noble House is to be permanently headquartered?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)