|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Dirk can get a monopoly in Russia, what does he believe he will be able to do?
(a) Murder Brock with no consequence.
(b) Take over Brock's company.
(c) Marry Mary Sinclair.
(d) Ignore convention and marry May-may.
2. Who replaces Ah-Gip as May-may's servant?
(b) Mary Sinclair.
3. What happens to Dirk as he is traveling back to the settlement in a sedan chair?
(a) He learns May-may is pregnant.
(b) He is attacked.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. With whom does Dirk set sail prior to the ball?
(b) The expeditionary force.
(d) Wu Fang Choi.
5. Who is Wu Kwok's father?
(b) Wu Fang Choi.
6. What kind of epidemic sweeps through Queens Town?
(a) Black plague.
(c) Small pox.
7. In Chapter 3, how much time does Dirk have to save his trading company?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) 29 days.
8. Who writes a letter that angers Ti-sen?
9. What trade does Zergeyev offer Dirk as a monopoly in Russia?
(a) Cinchon bark.
10. In what village does Dirk wait for Wu Kwok?
(d) Happy Valley.
11. Whose proposal of marriage does Mary Sinclair accept?
12. When Dirk returns home after the ball, who is waiting for him in his living room?
(a) The bishop.
13. Who greets Dirk while the men are unloading the barrels in Chapter 12?
(a) Mary Sinclair.
14. Who is May-may?
(a) A Chinese pirate.
(b) Dirk's wife.
(c) Dirk's mistress.
(d) Brock's mistress.
15. Who volunteers to judge the ball gown after Quance leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What organizations are the fighters for the prizefight from?
2. Which European woman is pregnant with a Chinese child?
3. With what does Dirk bribe Chinese officials?
4. Who buys the knoll to build a church?
5. On what does the feng shui expert say Dirk's house is built?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)