|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dirk learns that the Turks opened up what empire for British trade?
(a) The Japanese Empire.
(b) The Indian Empire.
(c) The Spanish Empire.
(d) The Ottoman Empire.
2. Why is Ti-sen considered a traitor to the emperor?
(a) He tried to kill the emperor.
(b) He signed the Treaty of Chuenpi.
(c) He sold information to Dirk.
(d) He is friends with the Dirk.
3. Who is Dirk surprised to see at the factory during the storm?
(d) Wu Kwok.
4. Who is kept busy painting portraits of Robb's children?
(a) Aristotle Quance.
(b) Maureen Quance.
(c) Mary Sinclair.
(d) Liza Brock.
5. Who secretly owns the Oriental Times?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some people believe the storm in Chapter 47 isn't a typhoon?
2. Who does Dirk bring to the factory to ride out the storm?
3. When does Dirk leave May-may's room on the night of the ball?
4. Where do all of the traders decide to go if they are attacked by the Chinese?
5. Who does the clerk tell Brock and Dirk has disappeared in Chapter 26?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)