|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bishop sends word to Dirk saying there may be cinchona bark at a mission where?
(a) In Lo Ting.
(b) In Bi Tong.
(c) In Quenoy.
(d) In Canton.
2. Who does Dirk say is responsible for repaying Jin-qua's loan?
(a) The Noble House.
3. Who does Culum tell Brock gave him the idea to elope with Tess?
4. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
(b) Aristotle Quance.
5. In Chapter 44, what is the only reason Dirk will allow himself to be disturbed when he returns home?
(a) For Culum.
(b) For May-may.
(c) For the emperor.
(d) For an emergency.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they are standing in the square waiting for Ti-sen to be sentenced, whom does Dirk stop from talking to the crowd?
2. Where do Culum and Tess stay in Macao after their wedding?
3. Whose body is discovered in an alley near Chinatown?
4. When May-may learns she will survive the malaria, what does she contemplate doing but decides against?
5. What does Dirk want to do during his trip back to England?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)