|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs the marriage of Culum and Tess?
(b) Captain Orlov.
(c) The bishop.
2. What do Dirk and Culum press Brock to grant Culum?
(a) A quick marriage to Tess.
(b) The rights to the knoll.
(c) A position in Brock's company.
(d) Access to Brock's records.
3. Who do the authorities learn is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong when they capture the assassin?
(b) Gordon Chen.
(c) Wu Kwok.
4. With what does Dirk bribe Chinese officials?
(a) Special privileges.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Liza tell Brock is her reason for sailing to Macao?
(a) To purchase furniture.
(b) To take another ship back to England.
(c) To arrange a marriage for Tess.
(d) To order gowns for the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dirk give Gordon to find out who the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong is?
2. What does Dirk decide to do with May-may in Chapter 44?
3. Who does Dirk say did not cheat him but rather outsmarted him?
4. What do May-may and Ah-Sam use to see Dirk on his boat during the festivities?
5. Why do Robb and Liza leave the ball?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)