|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces Ah-Gip as May-may's servant?
(c) Mary Sinclair.
2. Who performs the marriage of Culum and Tess?
(a) Captain Orlov.
(d) The bishop.
3. What does Dirk do while he waits for word about the missing Culum?
(a) Tries to work.
(c) Visits a whorehouse.
(d) Searches the streets for Culum.
4. Whose servants are secretly all a part of Hung Mun Tong?
(a) The bishop's.
5. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
(a) There are too many problems.
(b) He would rather go home to England.
(c) He doesn't like the whorehouses.
(d) There are too many traders there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 40, for how many more days does Dirk tell May-may she has to drink the tea?
2. Whom do Brock and Dirk discuss as a possible husband for Tess?
3. According to the documents in the briefcase, who will be in position to take control of China in five years?
4. Who does Dirk sail to Aberdeen to meet at midnight?
5. Who is May-may?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)