|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37, who is the letter from that Culum delivers to Dirk?
2. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
(a) There are too many problems.
(b) He would rather go home to England.
(c) He doesn't like the whorehouses.
(d) There are too many traders there.
3. What signals the beginning of the evening of festivities?
(c) A cannon shot.
(d) A speech delivered by Dirk.
4. Who does Dirk find lying dead in his bed?
5. If Dirk can get a monopoly in Russia, what does he believe he will be able to do?
(a) Take over Brock's company.
(b) Ignore convention and marry May-may.
(c) Murder Brock with no consequence.
(d) Marry Mary Sinclair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Culum the idea to elope with Tess?
2. On what does the feng shui expert say Dirk's house is built?
3. Who orchestrates the run on Dirk's bank?
4. According to Captain Orlov, who will have blood on his hands when he becomes tai-pan.
5. What is Brock's ship called?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)