|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ship rams Dirk's lorcha as he leaves the settlement following the order for all foreigners to leave?
(c) Wu Kwok's.
2. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
(a) There are too many problems.
(b) He doesn't like the whorehouses.
(c) He would rather go home to England.
(d) There are too many traders there.
3. What is the bark that might cure May-may but might also be a wives' tale?
(a) Eucalyptus bark.
(b) Poplar bark.
(c) Cherry tree bark.
(d) Cinchona bark.
4. Whose proposal of marriage does Mary Sinclair accept?
5. Who is the leader of the Triads in Macao?
(a) Gordon Chen.
(b) Chen Sheng.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do May-may and Ah-Sam use to see Dirk on his boat during the festivities?
2. After Dirk flogs May-may, what does she tell him?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Liza tell Brock is her reason for sailing to Macao?
4. Who replaces Ah-Gip as May-may's servant?
5. When Dirk returns from the English Club following the duel challenge, who is waiting for him at his home?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)