|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Dirk can get a monopoly in Russia, what does he believe he will be able to do?
(a) Marry Mary Sinclair.
(b) Murder Brock with no consequence.
(c) Ignore convention and marry May-may.
(d) Take over Brock's company.
2. What did the British government want Longstaff to take instead of Hong Kong?
(a) Control of all Chinese trade.
(b) Five or six Chinese ports.
(d) Mainland China.
3. Who is known as the Tai-Pan of Tai Ping Shan?
(a) Gordon Chen.
4. How long is the indenture agreement for the men who arrive with Captain Scragger?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
5. Who does Dirk say is responsible for repaying Jin-qua's loan?
(d) The Noble House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the secret report Dirk finds in the briefcase that worries him?
2. In Chapter 40, for how many more days does Dirk tell May-may she has to drink the tea?
3. Who does May-may tell Gordon Chen she wants killed in Macao?
4. Who is May-may?
5. Who wins the ball gown contest?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)