|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does May-may send to talk to Mary Sinclair?
(d) Her elder sister.
2. How is the bark to cure her of malaria given to May-may.
(a) In a syrup.
(b) In a tablet.
(c) In a tea.
(d) In a powder.
3. What is in the kerchief that Scragger's son gives Dirk?
(a) A half coin.
(b) A letter.
(c) Gems, gold, and jewelry.
(d) A finger.
4. Who does the clerk tell Brock and Dirk has disappeared in Chapter 26?
(b) Mary Sinclair.
(d) The servants.
5. What do Sarah and Robb argue about before the ball?
(a) Robb's inability to return to England with Sarah.
(c) Their daughter's wedding.
(d) The baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dirk flogs May-may, what does she tell him?
2. The Chinese call Straun and Company another name. What is it?
3. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
4. Who does Dirk say is responsible for repaying Jin-qua's loan?
5. Who secretly owns the Oriental Times?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)