|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the British to recapture Canton?
(a) A year.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
2. Why do Robb and Liza leave the ball?
(a) Dirk orders them to leave.
(b) Sarah goes into labor.
(c) They leave to have a tryst.
(d) Liza becomes ill.
3. What is Roger Blore's real name?
(a) Jeff Cooper.
(b) Wilf Tillman.
(c) Richard Crosse.
(d) John Adamson.
4. What do Dirk and Culum press Brock to grant Culum?
(a) Access to Brock's records.
(b) A position in Brock's company.
(c) A quick marriage to Tess.
(d) The rights to the knoll.
5. In Chapter 40, for how many more days does Dirk tell May-may she has to drink the tea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What office does Dirk plan to run for?
2. When Dirk returns home after the ball, who is waiting for him in his living room?
3. In Chapter 37, who is the letter from that Culum delivers to Dirk?
4. What does May-may buy Dirk for his birthday?
5. What does May-may help Mary Sinclair to arrange?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)