|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Dirk while the men are unloading the barrels in Chapter 12?
(a) Mary Sinclair.
2. Who writes a letter that angers Ti-sen?
3. How long is the indenture agreement for the men who arrive with Captain Scragger?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
4. What happens to Dirk as he is traveling back to the settlement in a sedan chair?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He learns May-may is pregnant.
(c) He is attacked.
(d) He is kidnapped.
5. According to Robb, what must arrive in London to keep him and Dirk out of financial trouble?
(a) The cinchon bark.
(b) The Blue Cloud.
(c) A load of tea.
(d) The Russian documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kept busy painting portraits of Robb's children?
2. What signals the beginning of the evening of festivities?
3. What activity will end the day of festivities?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Liza tell Brock is her reason for sailing to Macao?
5. Ti-sen agrees to loan Dirk money in exchange for Dirk agreeing to what being in Hong Kong?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)