|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May-may help Mary Sinclair to arrange?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) A funeral for Gorth.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A ball.
2. According to Robb, what must arrive in London to keep him and Dirk out of financial trouble?
(a) The cinchon bark.
(b) The Russian documents.
(c) The Blue Cloud.
(d) A load of tea.
3. If Dirk can get a monopoly in Russia, what does he believe he will be able to do?
(a) Murder Brock with no consequence.
(b) Marry Mary Sinclair.
(c) Ignore convention and marry May-may.
(d) Take over Brock's company.
4. Who does Dirk challenge to a duel?
(d) Wu Kwok.
5. Where do all of the traders decide to go if they are attacked by the Chinese?
(a) Dirk's factory.
(b) Brock's factory.
(c) Dirk's ship.
(d) Brock's ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ship rams Dirk's lorcha as he leaves the settlement following the order for all foreigners to leave?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Liza tell Brock is her reason for sailing to Macao?
3. What does the bishop tell Dirk he owes the church for the bark to cure May-may?
4. Why do Robb and Liza leave the ball?
5. With whom does Dirk set sail prior to the ball?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)