|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body is discovered in an alley near Chinatown?
2. What does Dirk insist Culum begin to do regularly?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Visit him.
(c) Travel to England.
3. In Chapter 40, for how many more days does Dirk tell May-may she has to drink the tea?
4. Who replaces Ah-Gip as May-may's servant?
(a) Mary Sinclair.
5. What does Liza beg Brock to recognize Culum as?
(a) His rival.
(b) His better.
(c) Tess's husband.
(d) Tai pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is upset by the article in the Oriental Times?
2. Who tells Dirk that dueling is outlawed in Macao?
3. What activity will end the day of festivities?
4. Where is the bishop's palace?
5. When May-may learns she will survive the malaria, what does she contemplate doing but decides against?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)