|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the Triads in Macao?
(b) Chen Sheng.
(c) Gordon Chen.
2. Whose ship rams Dirk's lorcha as he leaves the settlement following the order for all foreigners to leave?
(a) Wu Kwok's.
3. What organizations are the fighters for the prizefight from?
(a) The Noble House and the British Navy.
(b) The Army and Navy.
(c) Brock's and Straun's companies.
(d) The British Parliament and the Chinese Emperor's Court.
4. In Dirk's dispatch to Robb, what does he instruct Robb to do in Hong Kong?
(a) Murder Gorth.
(b) Take a ship back to England.
(c) Befriend Brock.
(d) Buy as much land as possible.
5. As they are standing in the square waiting for Ti-sen to be sentenced, whom does Dirk stop from talking to the crowd?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is not being forced out of the settlement?
2. In Chapter 34, who finds out that Mary Sinclair took herbs to cause an abortion?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Liza tell Brock is her reason for sailing to Macao?
4. Who does Dirk find lying dead in his bed?
5. Who is known as the Tai-Pan of Tai Ping Shan?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)