|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
(a) Aristotle Quance.
2. What name does Dirk suggest for the new town in Hong Kong?
(b) London Town.
(d) New England.
3. What is the amount of the ransom that the British receive for Canton?
(a) 3 million taels.
(b) 5,000 pounds.
(c) 1 million pounds.
(d) 6 million taels.
4. How long does it take the British to recapture Canton?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) One week.
(d) Three months.
5. What do Dirk and Culum press Brock to grant Culum?
(a) Access to Brock's records.
(b) A quick marriage to Tess.
(c) The rights to the knoll.
(d) A position in Brock's company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
2. Who owns the ship that takes Sarah back to England?
3. Who does May-may tell Gordon Chen she wants killed in Macao?
4. How long does Dirk give Gordon to find out who the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong is?
5. Who visits Dirk in Canton in Chapter 15?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)