|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the indenture agreement for the men who arrive with Captain Scragger?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten years.
2. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
(d) Aristotle Quance.
3. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
(a) There are too many traders there.
(b) There are too many problems.
(c) He doesn't like the whorehouses.
(d) He would rather go home to England.
4. What possessions of Aristotle's does Maureen Quance destroy?
(a) His bottles of alcohol.
(b) His furniture.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His paints and brushes.
5. What makes Gordon angry about Dirk confronting him regarding the Triads?
(a) May-may told Dirk about Gordon's leadership position.
(b) Dirk is lying.
(c) The assassin talked.
(d) He is hurt that Dirk doesn't trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Dirk in Canton in Chapter 15?
2. How long does Dirk give Gordon to find out who the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong is?
3. What do Dirk and Culum press Brock to grant Culum?
4. Who owns the ship that takes Sarah back to England?
5. How long does it take the British to recapture Canton?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)