|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the amount of the ransom that the British receive for Canton?
(a) 1 million pounds.
(b) 6 million taels.
(c) 5,000 pounds.
(d) 3 million taels.
2. How does Gordon respond to Dirk when Dirk asks him if he is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong.
(a) He attacks Dirk.
(b) He admits it is true.
(c) He says it's a lie.
(d) He tells Dirk that Brock is the leader.
3. Who owns the ship that takes Sarah back to England?
(d) The East India Company.
4. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
(a) Aristotle Quance.
5. How long does Dirk give Gordon to find out who the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong is?
(a) One year.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Skinner's editorial urge the traders to do?
2. Who does May-may tell Gordon Chen she wants killed in Macao?
3. How long is the indenture agreement for the men who arrive with Captain Scragger?
4. According to Captain Scragger, when will Wu Kwok be in Quemony?
5. What name does Dirk suggest for the new town in Hong Kong?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)