|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the British to recapture Canton?
(a) One week.
(b) A year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
2. In what village does Dirk wait for Wu Kwok?
(b) Happy Valley.
3. What do Dirk and Culum press Brock to grant Culum?
(a) A position in Brock's company.
(b) The rights to the knoll.
(c) Access to Brock's records.
(d) A quick marriage to Tess.
4. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
(b) Aristotle Quance.
5. What is the amount of the ransom that the British receive for Canton?
(a) 3 million taels.
(b) 1 million pounds.
(c) 6 million taels.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dirk give Gordon to find out who the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong is?
2. What does Skinner's editorial urge the traders to do?
3. What name does Dirk suggest for the new town in Hong Kong?
4. Who visits Dirk in Canton in Chapter 15?
5. Who does May-may tell Gordon Chen she wants killed in Macao?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)