|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Gordon angry about Dirk confronting him regarding the Triads?
(a) Dirk is lying.
(b) May-may told Dirk about Gordon's leadership position.
(c) The assassin talked.
(d) He is hurt that Dirk doesn't trust him.
2. What do Dirk and Culum press Brock to grant Culum?
(a) A quick marriage to Tess.
(b) The rights to the knoll.
(c) A position in Brock's company.
(d) Access to Brock's records.
3. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
(a) He doesn't like the whorehouses.
(b) There are too many traders there.
(c) He would rather go home to England.
(d) There are too many problems.
4. How long is the indenture agreement for the men who arrive with Captain Scragger?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
5. Who instructs Gordon Chen to do whatever May-may wants?
(c) Wu Kwok.
(d) Mary Sinclair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the ship that takes Sarah back to England?
2. What does Skinner's editorial urge the traders to do?
3. According to Captain Scragger, when will Wu Kwok be in Quemony?
4. What is the amount of the ransom that the British receive for Canton?
5. How does Gordon respond to Dirk when Dirk asks him if he is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)