|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Longstaff tired of Hong Kong?
(a) There are too many problems.
(b) He doesn't like the whorehouses.
(c) There are too many traders there.
(d) He would rather go home to England.
2. According to Captain Scragger, when will Wu Kwok be in Quemony?
(a) Midsummer's Night.
(b) Boxing Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. How long does it take the British to recapture Canton?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) A year.
4. Who visits Dirk in Canton in Chapter 15?
(b) Wu Fang Choi.
(c) Mary Sinclair.
5. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
(d) Aristotle Quance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does May-may tell Gordon Chen she wants killed in Macao?
2. What do Dirk and Culum press Brock to grant Culum?
3. Who owns the ship that takes Sarah back to England?
4. What does Skinner's editorial urge the traders to do?
5. In what village does Dirk wait for Wu Kwok?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)