|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the ship that takes Sarah back to England?
(b) The East India Company.
2. Who rings up a bill at the whorehouse that Dirk agrees to pay one last time?
(d) Aristotle Quance.
3. How long is the indenture agreement for the men who arrive with Captain Scragger?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
4. Who does May-may tell Gordon Chen she wants killed in Macao?
5. What makes Gordon angry about Dirk confronting him regarding the Triads?
(a) May-may told Dirk about Gordon's leadership position.
(b) The assassin talked.
(c) Dirk is lying.
(d) He is hurt that Dirk doesn't trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the British to recapture Canton?
2. What is the amount of the ransom that the British receive for Canton?
3. What name does Dirk suggest for the new town in Hong Kong?
4. What does Skinner's editorial urge the traders to do?
5. How does Gordon respond to Dirk when Dirk asks him if he is the leader of the Triads in Hong Kong.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)