Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• The story begins as Hong Kong is being transferred to the British as part of the agreement ending the war between Britain and China.
• The main character, Dirk Straun, is attending the ceremony transferring Hong Kong; Gordon Chen, Dirk's illegitimate son, is also at the ceremony.
• Dirk finds out there are plans to outlaw the opium trade, which will negatively impact Gordon since he is active in the trade.
• Dirk plans to use all the money they have to purchase opium since he believes there will be a panic if the announcement to outlaw opium is made, so he could stand to make a fortune.
• Gordon is a member of the Hung Mun Tong, a group that is planning to overthrow the Manchu dynasty; he has plans to use The Noble House to further his cause.
• Dirk has plans to run for Parliament so that...
This section contains 5,618 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)