|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Wallace reveal Carl to be what?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A rapist.
(c) A homosexual.
(d) A racist.
2. What do John and Fay eat for dinner in Chapter 9?
(d) Cobb salads,
3. What does Fay ask of John at dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) That he hire Carl on.
(b) That he fire her.
(c) That he marry her.
(d) That he take her virginity.
4. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
(a) It smells like Ruth.
(b) He has no air conditioning.
(c) He had caffeine too late in the day.
(d) It is lumpy.
5. In Chapter 7, why does John think the crowd is larger than normal?
(a) Fay's friends are coming.
(b) Tourist season has started.
(c) Elvis's birthday is today.
(d) The bar across the street has closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What does John tell Teddy to do in Chapter 11 after the bar closes?
3. In Chapter 8, What does Fay pointedly ask John?
4. How many shifts in a row is Taft planning to work in Chapter 8?
5. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
2. How does Carl explain his arrest in Chapter 9?
3. How do Carl and John bond in Chapter 7?
4. When does Fay surprise Taft in Chapter 10?
5. How does Taft die in Chapter 12?
6. What do John and Franklin do together at the end of Chapter 8?
7. How does John anger Ruth at the beginning of Chapter 7?
8. Why does Taft ask his children to stay home Friday night?
9. What is John's catharsis at the end of Taft?
10. What does Wallace tell John about Carl in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)