|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Franklin say he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A firefighter.
(b) An archeologist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A drummer.
3. Why does the doctor in Chapter 11 agree to help John in Chapter 11?
(a) He is a regular at Muddy's.
(b) He is being paid under the table.
(c) He likes Marion.
(d) He is one of Carl's customers.
4. In Chapter 8, What does Fay pointedly ask John?
(a) If he is supplying Carl.
(b) If he is leaving Memphis.
(c) If she is fired.
(d) If he and Marion are back together.
5. What does John say that enrages Ruth in Chapter 7?
(a) He wants to see Marion.
(b) He is leaving Memphis.
(c) He should not have called her.
(d) She needs to lose weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the mechanic want to simply patch the car up in Chapter 10?
2. Where do Marion and Franklin first meet John in Chapter 7?
3. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
4. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Carl particularly angry about having his stash taken in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
2. Why is Taft shaken by the site of Carl's accident in Chapter 10?
3. Describe John and Fay's interaction in Chapter 7.
4. When does Fay surprise Taft in Chapter 10?
5. What does Wallace tell John about Carl in Chapter 8?
6. How do Carl and John bond in Chapter 7?
7. What assessment does the mechanic in Chapter 10 make regarding Taft's car?
8. What is John's catharsis at the end of Taft?
9. Where does John go to recuperate in Chapter 12?
10. Why does Taft ask his children to stay home Friday night?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)