|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls John at the beginning on Chapter 7?
(b) Mrs. Woodmoore.
2. In the beginning of the Taft section of Chapter 12, where is Virginia?
(a) A rummage sale.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A town meeting.
(d) A parent-teacher conference.
3. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
(a) Giving up nursing.
(b) Staying another week.
(c) Leaving Franklin with them.
(d) Taking back John.
4. In Chapter 9, Carl says he was arrested in the parking lot of what?
(a) A Carl Jr.'s.
(b) A nightclub.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A high school.
5. Who does Taft fear is dead in Chapter 8?
(b) Tommy Lawson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Taft in Chapter 12 when he has his fatal heart attack?
2. In Chapter 12, where does Fay say she thinks she can get a job?
3. What does Ruth demand immediately up entering Muddy's in Chapter 9?
4. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
5. Why does John demand not to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Carl and John bond in Chapter 7?
2. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
3. Describe John and Fay's interaction in Chapter 7.
4. Describe Taft's interaction with Tommy Lawson's son in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Taft ask his children to stay home Friday night?
6. When does Fay surprise Taft in Chapter 10?
7. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
8. How is John shot in Chapter 11?
9. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
10. Why is John deeply gladdened by his morning with Marion and Franklin in Chapter 11?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)