|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carl not with Taft when he dies in Chapter 12?
(a) He is in the toolshed.
(b) He is calling an ambulance.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He refuses to touch him.
2. How many shifts in a row is Taft planning to work in Chapter 8?
3. Where do the Woodmoores put John to sleep in Chapter 12?
(a) Their bedroom.
(b) Marion's old room.
(c) The living room.
(d) Franklin's room.
4. In Chapter 10, how does Taft decide Carl will pay off the damage to the car?
(a) A job at the local video store.
(b) A job at the lumberyard.
(c) A job at the Dairy Queen.
(d) A paper route.
5. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) This was not his first accident.
(b) Another car was not involved.
(c) The car is almost totalled.
(d) Taft was not driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fay get back into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
2. Which of the following is in Carl's pocket when John interrogates him in Chapter 8?
3. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
4. What is Carl doing for the first time in the Taft section of Chapter 8?
5. Where is Taft in Chapter 12 when he has his fatal heart attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wallace tell John about Carl in Chapter 8?
2. What do John and Franklin do together at the end of Chapter 8?
3. How does John anger Ruth at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
5. How is John shot in Chapter 11?
6. What does Fay ask John at dinner in Chapter 9?
7. How do Carl and John bond in Chapter 7?
8. How does Carl explain his arrest in Chapter 9?
9. Describe John and Fay's interaction in Chapter 7.
10. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)