|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) Taft was not driving.
(b) This was not his first accident.
(c) Another car was not involved.
(d) The car is almost totalled.
2. Where do the Woodmoores put John to sleep in Chapter 12?
(a) The living room.
(b) Their bedroom.
(c) Marion's old room.
(d) Franklin's room.
3. Where is Taft in Chapter 12 when he has his fatal heart attack?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The bathroom.
4. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
(a) Staying another week.
(b) Leaving Franklin with them.
(c) Giving up nursing.
(d) Taking back John.
5. What is Ruth doing when John wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Doing her nails.
(d) Making breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 12, who picks up John's prescription?
2. Which character dies over the course of the novel?
3. What is Carl's excuse for the cocaine in Chapter 9?
4. What does Carl thank John for at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)