|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
(a) He had caffeine too late in the day.
(b) It is lumpy.
(c) He has no air conditioning.
(d) It smells like Ruth.
2. In Chapter 8, Wallace reveal Carl to be what?
(a) A rapist.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A homosexual.
(d) A racist.
3. How much does the mechanic quote Taft for the damage in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(d) $ 800.
4. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) She should return to Memphis.
(b) She should give up nursing.
(c) She should cut off communication with John.
(d) She should have dinner with him.
5. Where does Carl call Muddy's from in Chapter 9?
(a) The Woodmoores.
(b) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl do immediately before John kicks him out in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 12, where does Fay say she thinks she can get a job?
3. In the beginning of the Taft section of Chapter 12, where is Virginia?
4. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
5. Why is Carl not with Taft when he dies in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty do John and Fay face in bailing Carl out in Chapter?
2. Describe Taft's interaction with Tommy Lawson's son in Chapter 10?
3. Describe John and Fay's interaction in Chapter 7.
4. What does Fay ask John at dinner in Chapter 9?
5. How does Taft die in Chapter 12?
6. Where does John go to recuperate in Chapter 12?
7. What does Mrs. Woodmore request of John in Chapter 12?
8. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
9. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7.
10. How is John shot in Chapter 11?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)