|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do John, Marion and Franklin meet for breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Waffle House.
2. What does John teach Carl in Chapter 7?
(a) Mixing drinks.
(b) How to balance a ledger.
(c) Basic boxing moves.
(d) Jazz theory.
3. In Chapter 12, where does Fay say she thinks she can get a job?
(a) The Dairy Queen.
(b) A day care.
(c) The lumberyard.
(d) A church.
4. What does Ruth demand immediately up entering Muddy's in Chapter 9?
(b) A drink.
(c) A ride home.
(d) A kiss.
5. What advise from Virginia regarding the car repair does Taft refuse in Chapter 10?
(a) Going without a car.
(b) Buying a used car.
(c) Putting it on the Visa.
(d) Borrowing money from his in-laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
3. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
4. Who dances to the band's slow, elegiac song at Muddy's in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 8, Wallace says that Muddy's is developing a reputation as a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty do John and Fay face in bailing Carl out in Chapter?
2. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7.
3. What does Mrs. Woodmore request of John in Chapter 12?
4. How do Carl and John bond in Chapter 7?
5. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
6. When does Fay surprise Taft in Chapter 10?
7. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
8. Where does John go to recuperate in Chapter 12?
9. Describe Taft's interaction with Tommy Lawson's son in Chapter 10?
10. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)