|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
(a) Orders a pizza.
(b) Calls into work.
(c) Opens a beer.
(d) Work on the porch.
2. How many shifts in a row is Taft planning to work in Chapter 8?
3. What does Fay ask John at the very beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) If Marion has left.
(b) Why he kicked Carl out.
(c) Whether he loves her.
(d) If she can have a raise.
4. Which of the following is in Carl's pocket when John interrogates him in Chapter 8?
(a) A luck rabbit's foot.
(b) A gun.
5. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) She should have dinner with him.
(b) She should cut off communication with John.
(c) She should give up nursing.
(d) She should return to Memphis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not become romantically involved with John in the novel?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Franklin say he wants to be when he grows up?
3. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 7, why does Fay want John to apologize to her?
5. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Carl and John bond in Chapter 7?
2. What do John and Franklin do together at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What assessment does the mechanic in Chapter 10 make regarding Taft's car?
4. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
5. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
6. How does Taft die in Chapter 12?
7. What does Wallace tell John about Carl in Chapter 8?
8. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
9. When does Fay surprise Taft in Chapter 10?
10. What is John's catharsis at the end of Taft?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)