|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl demand of John after he breaks into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
(a) The deposit.
(b) John's pistol.
(c) His drug stash.
(d) His sister.
2. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
(a) They do not want to aggravate John's condition.
(b) They are afraid the police will get called.
(c) They do not want to wake Franklin.
(d) They have experienced a shooting wound before.
3. What does Ruth demand immediately up entering Muddy's in Chapter 9?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A ride home.
(d) A drink.
4. What does Carl do immediately before John kicks him out in Chapter 8?
(a) Try to punch him.
(b) Make a grab for his stash.
(c) Break a glass.
(d) Push Fay over.
5. Which of the following characters does not become romantically involved with John in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay ask John at the very beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What does John teach Carl in Chapter 7?
3. What does Mrs. Woodmoore interrupt when she comes to talk to John in Chapter 12?
4. Why does the doctor in Chapter 11 agree to help John in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 8, Wallace reveal Carl to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What assessment does the mechanic in Chapter 10 make regarding Taft's car?
2. What do John and Franklin do together at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
4. How do Ruth, Fay and Cyndi gang up on John at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What does Mrs. Woodmore request of John in Chapter 12?
6. Why is John deeply gladdened by his morning with Marion and Franklin in Chapter 11?
7. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
8. How does Carl explain his arrest in Chapter 9?
9. How is John shot in Chapter 11?
10. Why does Taft ask his children to stay home Friday night?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)