|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John teach Carl in Chapter 7?
(a) How to balance a ledger.
(b) Basic boxing moves.
(c) Mixing drinks.
(d) Jazz theory.
2. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
(a) Cyndi is dating Carl.
(b) John has a child.
(c) Fay is not 21.
(d) He is being demoted.
3. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His aunt.
4. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
5. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) She is a good mother.
(b) He does not want her back.
(c) She will never leave Miami.
(d) She doesn't want Franklin anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Wallace says that Muddy's is developing a reputation as a what?
2. Who calls John at the beginning on Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 10, how does Taft decide Carl will pay off the damage to the car?
4. What does Carl thank John for at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. How does Fay get back into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carl explain his arrest in Chapter 9?
2. How do Ruth, Fay and Cyndi gang up on John at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. What does Wallace tell John about Carl in Chapter 8?
4. How is John shot in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Taft ask his children to stay home Friday night?
6. Describe Taft's interaction with Tommy Lawson's son in Chapter 10?
7. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
8. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
9. What does Fay ask John at dinner in Chapter 9?
10. What is John's catharsis at the end of Taft?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)