|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(a) Tommy Lawson.
2. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To go to bed early.
(b) To stay with John.
(c) To go back to Miami.
(d) To get ice cream.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Franklin say he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A drummer.
(c) An archeologist.
(d) A firefighter.
4. How much does the mechanic want to simply patch the car up in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Taft fear is dead in Chapter 8?
(c) Tommy Lawson.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 12, who picks up John's prescription?
2. Where do the Woodmoores put John to sleep in Chapter 12?
3. What does John teach Carl in Chapter 7?
4. What is Tommy Lawson's son selling when he knocks on Taft's door in Chapter 10?
5. What did Carl hit in his crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carl explain his arrest in Chapter 9?
2. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
3. Describe Taft's interaction with Tommy Lawson's son in Chapter 10?
4. When does Fay surprise Taft in Chapter 10?
5. What difficulty do John and Fay face in bailing Carl out in Chapter?
6. Why is John deeply gladdened by his morning with Marion and Franklin in Chapter 11?
7. Why is Taft shaken by the site of Carl's accident in Chapter 10?
8. How do Ruth, Fay and Cyndi gang up on John at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7.
10. How does John anger Ruth at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)