|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fay spend most of her time on the second work shift in Chapter 7?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) Behind the bar.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Working the tables.
2. In Chapter 8, Wallace reveal Carl to be what?
(a) A homosexual.
(b) A racist.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A rapist.
3. What did Carl hit in his crash?
(a) Another car.
(b) A guard rail.
(c) An embankment.
(d) A tree.
4. Where do John, Marion and Franklin meet for breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Waffle House.
5. Who dances to the band's slow, elegiac song at Muddy's in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 11 when John is brought to the doctor's?
2. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
3. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
4. Where is Taft in Chapter 12 when he has his fatal heart attack?
5. How many shifts in a row is Taft planning to work in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Taft shaken by the site of Carl's accident in Chapter 10?
2. How do Carl and John bond in Chapter 7?
3. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
4. What do John and Franklin do together at the end of Chapter 8?
5. How do Ruth, Fay and Cyndi gang up on John at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. Why is John deeply gladdened by his morning with Marion and Franklin in Chapter 11?
7. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7.
8. How does John anger Ruth at the beginning of Chapter 7?
9. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
10. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)