|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) She should give up nursing.
(b) She should return to Memphis.
(c) She should have dinner with him.
(d) She should cut off communication with John.
2. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To get ice cream.
(b) To go to bed early.
(c) To go back to Miami.
(d) To stay with John.
3. Where do John, Marion and Franklin meet for breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Waffle House.
4. Who is left at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 11 when John is brought to the doctor's?
5. In Chapter 7, why does John think the crowd is larger than normal?
(a) Elvis's birthday is today.
(b) Fay's friends are coming.
(c) The bar across the street has closed.
(d) Tourist season has started.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carl evidently doing when he crashed the car?
2. What is Ruth doing when John wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
4. How does Fay get back into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 8, Wallace says that Muddy's is developing a reputation as a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John anger Ruth at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. How do Ruth, Fay and Cyndi gang up on John at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. How is John shot in Chapter 11?
4. What does Fay ask John at dinner in Chapter 9?
5. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7.
6. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
7. What do John and Franklin do together at the end of Chapter 8?
8. How does Carl explain his arrest in Chapter 9?
9. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
10. What assessment does the mechanic in Chapter 10 make regarding Taft's car?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)