|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
(a) Calls into work.
(b) Orders a pizza.
(c) Opens a beer.
(d) Work on the porch.
2. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) She should have dinner with him.
(b) She should cut off communication with John.
(c) She should return to Memphis.
(d) She should give up nursing.
3. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
(a) His mother.
(b) His aunt.
(d) His father.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, who picks up John's prescription?
(b) The Doctor.
5. What does Carl demand of John after he breaks into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
(a) His sister.
(b) His drug stash.
(c) John's pistol.
(d) The deposit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Wallace reveal Carl to be what?
2. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
3. What does Mrs. Woodmoore interrupt when she comes to talk to John in Chapter 12?
4. Who immediately accosts John when he enters Muddy's in Chapter 11?
5. What does Fay ask of John at dinner in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John go to recuperate in Chapter 12?
2. What difficulty do John and Fay face in bailing Carl out in Chapter?
3. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7.
4. How does Marion's friend, the doctor, help John in Chapter 11?
5. When does Fay surprise Taft in Chapter 10?
6. How do Ruth, Fay and Cyndi gang up on John at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. Why is Taft shaken by the site of Carl's accident in Chapter 10?
8. Describe John and Fay's interaction in Chapter 7.
9. Describe Taft's interaction with Tommy Lawson's son in Chapter 10?
10. What do John and Franklin do together at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)