|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the mechanic want to simply patch the car up in Chapter 10?
2. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
(a) They do not want to wake Franklin.
(b) They are afraid the police will get called.
(c) They do not want to aggravate John's condition.
(d) They have experienced a shooting wound before.
3. Which of the following is in Carl's pocket when John interrogates him in Chapter 8?
(b) A gun.
(c) A luck rabbit's foot.
4. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
(a) Opens a beer.
(b) Work on the porch.
(c) Orders a pizza.
(d) Calls into work.
5. What is Carl doing for the first time in the Taft section of Chapter 8?
(a) Working a job.
(b) Going camping.
(c) Borrowing the car.
(d) Going on a date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Woodmoore interrupt when she comes to talk to John in Chapter 12?
2. Who is Carl involved with as of Chapter 8?
3. What kind of whiskey do Carl and John share in Chapter 7?
4. What does John say that enrages Ruth in Chapter 7?
5. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carl explain his arrest in Chapter 9?
2. Why is John deeply gladdened by his morning with Marion and Franklin in Chapter 11?
3. Describe Taft's interaction with Tommy Lawson's son in Chapter 10?
4. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
5. What is John's catharsis at the end of Taft?
6. What does Mrs. Woodmore request of John in Chapter 12?
7. Describe John and Fay's interaction in Chapter 7.
8. How does Taft die in Chapter 12?
9. Why is Taft shaken by the site of Carl's accident in Chapter 10?
10. Why does Taft ask his children to stay home Friday night?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)