|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carl not with Taft when he dies in Chapter 12?
(a) He refuses to touch him.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is in the toolshed.
(d) He is calling an ambulance.
2. How old is Carl in the final passage of Taft?
(c) 3 months.
3. What did Carl hit in his crash?
(a) An embankment.
(b) A guard rail.
(c) Another car.
(d) A tree.
4. Why does John demand not to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 11?
(a) He thinks he will die en route.
(b) He fears Carl will be arrested.
(c) He does not trust white doctor's
(d) He is a Christian Scientist.
5. Who is left at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 11 when John is brought to the doctor's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
2. What does Carl do immediately before John kicks him out in Chapter 8?
3. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 8, What does Fay pointedly ask John?
5. How does John say he knows Carl at the jail in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John's catharsis at the end of Taft?
2. What do John and Franklin do together at the end of Chapter 8?
3. How does Carl explain his arrest in Chapter 9?
4. Describe Taft's interaction with Tommy Lawson's son in Chapter 10?
5. What difficulty do John and Fay face in bailing Carl out in Chapter?
6. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
7. What assessment does the mechanic in Chapter 10 make regarding Taft's car?
8. What does Fay ask John at dinner in Chapter 9?
9. How do Ruth, Fay and Cyndi gang up on John at the beginning of Chapter 9?
10. How does Taft die in Chapter 12?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)