|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
(a) Check John's bills.
(b) Offer him Hennessee.
(c) Make John pay in cash.
(d) Refuse to look him in the eye.
2. What does the ranger in Chapter 4 warn Fay and John not to do before letting them into the battlefield?
(a) Get lost.
(b) Vandalize anything.
(d) Make too much noise.
3. What does Carl do while he is at the bar in Chapter 3?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Play the jukebox.
(d) Help with tables.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore say about Marion?
(a) She never calls anymore.
(b) She is pregnant again.
(c) She is developing an alcohol problem.
(d) She is unhappy.
5. What does Taft wonder about his son in Chapter 5?
(a) If he can get a wrestling scholarship.
(b) If he will ever get a girlfriend.
(c) If he is doing drugs.
(d) If he wants to leave home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
2. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
3. What question does Fay ask John that makes him uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
4. Where do Taft's in-laws live?
5. Who threatened John when he visited Franklin in the nursery for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Levon Taft dislike his in-laws?
2. How do John and Fay meet in Chapter 1?
3. Describe the interchange between Carl and John in Chapter 4?
4. What call does John Nickel make at work in Chapter 2?
5. Why do Taft's in-laws get annoyed at Carl in Chapter 6?
6. Why does John call Ruth in Chapter 6?
7. How does Fay describe her family to John In Chapter 6?
8. How does Ruth interact with Fay and John in Chapter 6?
9. Why did John return to Marion?
10. In Chapter 2, what does Fay reveal to John about herself?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)