|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is teaching Fay a new skill at Muddy's in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 5, When is Marion planning to bring Franklin to Memphis?
(a) At Christmas.
(b) At Thanksgiving.
(c) Over spring break.
(d) During summer vacation.
3. Who is Virginia?
(a) Carl's girlfriend.
(b) Taft's wife.
(c) John's sister.
(d) Ruth's daughter.
4. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
(a) In her uncle's house.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) By his car.
(d) All of the above.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore privately ask John to do?
(a) Visit Miami.
(b) Take Ruth out for a night.
(c) Call Marion.
(d) Compliment Mrs. Woodmoore's cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fay's father die?
2. In Chapter 4, Taft jokes with Fay before what?
3. What is Cyndi angling for in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
5. What does John notice about Carl as he leaves the bar in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John Nickel's experience at the Rum Boogie Cafe.
2. Why did John Nickel leave Marion?
3. What happened to the Taft family after the patriarch's death?
4. Who does Fay introduce John to Chapter 2?
5. How does Fay describe her family to John In Chapter 6?
6. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
7. What role does Carl play at Muddy's as time does on?
8. Where do John and Fay travel in Chapter 4?
9. How do John and Fay meet in Chapter 1?
10. How has John's relationship with the Woodmoores changed?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)