|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(a) All the time.
(c) Four hours a day.
(d) Only during work hours.
2. What question does Fay ask John that makes him uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
(a) Whether he likes her.
(b) If he sees his son often.
(c) Whether he likes white people.
(d) If he is married.
3. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A mechanic's shop.
(c) The local high school.
(d) A lumberyard.
4. What does John always bring with him to dinner with the Woodmoores?
(a) A box of cigarettes.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A pecan pie.
(d) A copy of the newspaper.
5. How old was Ruth when she kissed John?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is John angry at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. Who is Virginia?
3. What injury did Tommy Lawson suffer at work?
4. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
5. The statue on the battlefield commemorates the dead of which state?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state is Carl when John and Fay find him in Chapter 3?
2. What does Taft worry about regarding his children in Chapter 5?
3. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
4. What does John learn about Marion at dinner in Chapter 5?
5. Describe the frantic call that John gets at the end of the Chapter 1?
6. What role does Carl play at Muddy's as time does on?
7. How does Ruth interact with Fay and John in Chapter 6?
8. Describe John Nickel's experience at the Rum Boogie Cafe.
9. Why did John return to Marion?
10. Why does John call Ruth in Chapter 6?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)