|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Levon Taft's day job?
(a) A car dealership.
(b) A sports bar.
(c) A Ford plant.
(d) A carpet factory.
2. What is Cyndi angling for in Chapter 4?
(a) Time off.
(b) Sex with John.
(c) A raise.
(d) Getting Fay fired.
3. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
(a) They still call him James.
(b) They never speak to Marion.
(c) They got over their hatred of him.
(d) They do not own a television.
4. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(b) Four hours a day.
(c) All the time.
(d) Only during work hours.
5. What task in the bar does John worry about delegating in Chapter 3?
(a) The nightly deposit.
(c) Refilling the kegs.
(d) Locking up the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
2. Whom does John speak to on the phone in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Taft fear regarding his in-laws and his children?
4. In Chapter 4, who tells John to pick up Fay?
5. Who threatened John when he visited Franklin in the nursery for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
2. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
3. In what state is Carl when John and Fay find him in Chapter 3?
4. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Where does John go to recuperate in Chapter 12?
6. What does Fay ask John at dinner in Chapter 9?
7. Who does Fay introduce John to Chapter 2?
8. Describe the interchange between Carl and John in Chapter 4?
9. How is Levon Taft's life described in Chapter 5?
10. What is John's catharsis at the end of Taft?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)