|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Budd Woodmoore stationed?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
(a) He could have been professional.
(b) He was better on trumpet.
(c) He was overrated.
(d) He was underutilized by his band.
3. Which direction out of Memphis does John drive with Fay in Chapter 4?
4. What does the ranger in Chapter 4 warn Fay and John not to do before letting them into the battlefield?
(a) Get lost.
(b) Make too much noise.
(d) Vandalize anything.
5. What does Taft wish would happen during the match at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The ref would call the match.
(b) The clock would run down.
(c) The other kid would tap out.
(d) Carl would get a second shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
2. Who does John decide should handle the bar deposits in Chapter 4?
3. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
4. What is obvious about Carl's disposition in Chapter 2?
5. What do Ruth and John do after meeting in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruth interact with Fay and John in Chapter 6?
2. What does Taft worry about regarding his children in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the frantic call that John gets at the end of the Chapter 1?
4. Why did John Nickel leave Marion?
5. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
6. Where do John and Fay travel in Chapter 4?
7. Why does John call Ruth in Chapter 6?
8. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
9. Why does John buy cigarettes in Chapter 5?
10. What call does John Nickel make at work in Chapter 2?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)