|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
(a) When he nearly died in a car crash.
(b) When he saw his child.
(c) When his father died.
(d) When Marion became pregnant.
2. While giving Fay a tour of the bar in Chapter 2, John marvels what about Tennessee?
(a) It is so small.
(b) It is so green.
(c) It is so poor.
(d) It is so diverse.
3. How old was Ruth when she kissed John?
4. In Chapter 4, John asks Cyndi if she would be comfortable doing what?
(a) Running money to the bank.
(b) Mixing cocktails.
(c) Picking up Fay.
(d) Running the bar.
5. What is Cyndi angling for in Chapter 4?
(a) Sex with John.
(b) Time off.
(c) Getting Fay fired.
(d) A raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fay's father die?
2. Why does John feel awful in the morning of Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 6, how does Taft feel about visiting his in-laws?
4. What makes Taft uncomfortable about Memphis in Chapter 6?
5. How is Franklin hurt at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ruth introduced in Chapter 5?
2. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
3. In what state is Carl when John and Fay find him in Chapter 3?
4. What does John imagine at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does Taft worry about regarding his children in Chapter 5?
6. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
7. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
8. What does John reason about the Taft house in the beginning of Chapter 4?
9. How are Taft's feelings about race elucidated in Chapter 6?
10. What role does Carl play at Muddy's as time does on?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)