|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
(a) The local high school.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A mechanic's shop.
(d) A lumberyard.
2. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
(a) It is scorching hot.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is dry and mild.
(d) A frost is coming.
3. In Chapter 3, John notices that Carl does not have what?
(a) A drug of choice.
(b) All of his fingers.
(c) His own car.
(d) A favorite football team.
4. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
(b) Playing catch.
(c) Fixing a taillight.
5. Which of the following is a location John and Fay check for Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(b) The bus depot.
(c) The emergency room.
(d) A pool hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
2. What does John refuse to do for Fay at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Why does John offer to drive Fay home in Chapter 3?
4. What does John fixate on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What do the Woodmoores regularly try to convince Marion to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state is Cyndi on the second night of Chapter 3?
2. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Where do John and Fay travel in Chapter 4?
4. What does John learn about Marion at dinner in Chapter 5?
5. Why does John call Ruth in Chapter 6?
6. Why did John return to Marion?
7. What interchange do Fay and John have before parting in Chapter 4?
8. How do John and Fay meet in Chapter 1?
9. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
10. Describe the frantic call that John gets at the end of the Chapter 1?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)