|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport was Carl a star of?
2. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
(b) Fixing a taillight.
(c) Playing catch.
3. What does Taft wish would happen during the match at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Carl would get a second shot.
(b) The ref would call the match.
(c) The clock would run down.
(d) The other kid would tap out.
4. How old does Fay admit to being in Chapter 6?
(a) Almost 18.
(b) Almost 20.
(c) Almost 22.
(d) Almost 16.
5. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
(a) They do not own a television.
(b) They never speak to Marion.
(c) They still call him James.
(d) They got over their hatred of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Fay only stay a work for a few hours in Chapter 6?
2. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
3. What is Rose's job at Muddy's?
4. Which of the following is a location John and Fay check for Carl in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John call Ruth in Chapter 6?
2. Why did John Nickel leave Marion?
3. Describe the frantic call that John gets at the end of the Chapter 1?
4. What is the nature of Ruth and John's visit together in the midst of Chapter 6?
5. How do John and Fay meet in Chapter 1?
6. Where do John and Fay travel in Chapter 4?
7. What do John and Fay do at the battlefield in Chapter 4?
8. Describe the interchange between John and Fay in Chapter 5.
9. In what state is Cyndi on the second night of Chapter 3?
10. Describe the interchange between Carl and John in Chapter 4?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)