|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
(a) He was better on trumpet.
(b) He was underutilized by his band.
(c) He was overrated.
(d) He could have been professional.
2. According to Fay in Chapter 4, what did her mother spend all day doing after Taft's death?
(a) Praying at their family church.
(b) Folding his shirts.
(c) Sitting on the unfinished deck.
3. What is Levon Taft's day job?
(a) A Ford plant.
(b) A sports bar.
(c) A carpet factory.
(d) A car dealership.
4. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
(a) When he nearly died in a car crash.
(b) When he saw his child.
(c) When his father died.
(d) When Marion became pregnant.
5. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
(a) Bussing tables.
(b) Booking bands.
(c) Watching the door.
(d) Balancing the books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John always bring with him to dinner with the Woodmoores?
2. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
3. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
4. What does the Taft family do its first day in Memphis?
5. In Chapter 3, John notices that Carl does not have what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John and Fay do at the battlefield in Chapter 4?
2. How does Ruth interact with Fay and John in Chapter 6?
3. What does John imagine at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Who does Fay introduce John to Chapter 2?
5. Describe John Nickel's experience at the Rum Boogie Cafe.
6. In Chapter 2, what does Fay reveal to John about herself?
7. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
8. Why do Taft's in-laws get annoyed at Carl in Chapter 6?
9. Why does John buy cigarettes in Chapter 5?
10. What is the nature of Ruth and John's visit together in the midst of Chapter 6?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)