|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John decide was an pivotal event for Fay and Carl?
(a) Moving to Memphis.
(b) Carl's turning to drugs.
(c) The father losing his job.
(d) Their father's death.
2. Which of the following is a location John and Fay check for Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(b) The bus depot.
(c) A pool hall.
(d) The emergency room.
3. What is Carl wearing in Chapter 6?
(a) A wife-beater.
(b) His father's suit.
(c) His wrestling shirt.
(d) A Titan's jersey.
4. What do Ruth and John do after meeting in Chapter 6?
(a) Call Marion.
(b) Talk about Franklin.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Get high together.
5. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
(a) They never speak to Marion.
(b) They still call him James.
(c) They do not own a television.
(d) They got over their hatred of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Budd Woodmoore stationed?
2. What is Levon Taft's day job?
3. What does the ranger in Chapter 4 warn Fay and John not to do before letting them into the battlefield?
4. When did John leave Marion?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
2. How do John and Fay meet in Chapter 1?
3. How is Levon Taft's life described in Chapter 5?
4. What interchange do Fay and John have before parting in Chapter 4?
5. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
6. Describe the interchange between Carl and John in Chapter 4?
7. In what state is Cyndi on the second night of Chapter 3?
8. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
9. Why do Taft's in-laws get annoyed at Carl in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 2, what does Fay reveal to John about herself?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)