|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore say about Marion?
(a) She never calls anymore.
(b) She is developing an alcohol problem.
(c) She is pregnant again.
(d) She is unhappy.
2. Who is Virginia?
(a) John's sister.
(b) Carl's girlfriend.
(c) Ruth's daughter.
(d) Taft's wife.
3. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(a) All the time.
(c) Four hours a day.
(d) Only during work hours.
4. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
(a) Their aunt and uncle.
(b) Social services.
5. What is Levon Taft's day job?
(a) A carpet factory.
(b) A car dealership.
(c) A Ford plant.
(d) A sports bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does John have about drinking?
2. In Chapter 5, why does John state he is indebted to Ruth?
3. Which of the following relatives does John not see through the window with Fay in Chapter 6?
4. Who apologizes to John before he leaves to pick up Fay in Chapter 4?
5. why is Lily annoyed at Carl during the visit in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ruth, Fay and Cyndi gang up on John at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. How is Ruth introduced in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the interchange between John and Fay in Chapter 5.
4. What does Wallace tell John about Carl in Chapter 8?
5. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
6. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
7. What does John imagine at the end of Chapter 4?
8. Why is John deeply gladdened by his morning with Marion and Franklin in Chapter 11?
9. What does Fay ask John at dinner in Chapter 9?
10. How is John shot in Chapter 11?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)