|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, John asks Cyndi if she would be comfortable doing what?
(a) Running money to the bank.
(b) Running the bar.
(c) Mixing cocktails.
(d) Picking up Fay.
2. Where do Fay and John eventually find Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) The doorway of Muddy's.
(b) A methadone clinic.
(c) Out front of Fay's house.
(d) The woods behind Fay's house.
3. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Who threatened John when he visited Franklin in the nursery for the first time?
(b) Mrs. Woodmoore.
(c) Mr. Woodmoore.
5. In Chapter 6, how does Taft feel about visiting his in-laws?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He is the only one willing to do it.
(c) He looks forward to it.
(d) He dislikes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John fixate on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
3. What promise does John make Marion at the end of Chapter 5?
4. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
5. What did Marion demand in return for moving back in with John?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Taft's feelings about race elucidated in Chapter 6?
2. Why does John refuse to be taken to a hospital after being shot?
3. Why does Levon Taft dislike his in-laws?
4. Why does John buy cigarettes in Chapter 5?
5. What confrontation do John and Carl have in Chapter 8?
6. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7.
7. Why does Taft ask his children to stay home Friday night?
8. Describe the interchange between Carl and John in Chapter 4?
9. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
10. What interchange do Fay and John have before parting in Chapter 4?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)