|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a alderwoman.
(c) She is a regular at Muddy's.
(d) She is Marion's cousin.
2. What is Cyndi angling for in Chapter 4?
(a) A raise.
(b) Getting Fay fired.
(c) Time off.
(d) Sex with John.
3. In Chapter 5, Ruth has just moved back to Memphis from where?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
4. What is Rose's job at Muddy's?
5. What does Carl do while he is at the bar in Chapter 3?
(a) Play the jukebox.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Help with tables.
(d) Read a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
2. What does John always bring with him to dinner with the Woodmoores?
3. Where do Taft's in-laws live?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Taft admonish Fay about?
5. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did John Nickel leave Marion?
2. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does John imagine at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What role does Carl play at Muddy's as time does on?
5. Describe the interchange between John and Fay in Chapter 5.
6. Who does Fay introduce John to Chapter 2?
7. How is Levon Taft's life described in Chapter 5?
8. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
9. What interchange do Fay and John have before parting in Chapter 4?
10. What happened to the Taft family after the patriarch's death?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)