|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
(a) When his father died.
(b) When he nearly died in a car crash.
(c) When he saw his child.
(d) When Marion became pregnant.
2. What injury did Tommy Lawson suffer at work?
(a) He suffered a concussion.
(b) He turned an ankle.
(c) He developed lupus.
(d) He lost two fingers.
3. What do Ruth and John do after meeting in Chapter 6?
(a) Talk about Franklin.
(b) Get high together.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Call Marion.
4. How old was Ruth when she kissed John?
5. What sport was Carl a star of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taft wonder about his son in Chapter 5?
2. Where does John tell Ruth to meet him in Chapter 6?
3. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
4. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
5. What tender gesture does John make toward Fay on the battlefield in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John learn about Marion at dinner in Chapter 5?
2. How is Ruth introduced in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the interchange John has with Cyndi in Chapter 4?
4. Why did John Nickel leave Marion?
5. Describe the interchange between Carl and John in Chapter 4?
6. What does John reason about the Taft house in the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. What role does Carl play at Muddy's as time does on?
8. What do John and Fay do at the battlefield in Chapter 4?
9. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
10. How are Taft's feelings about race elucidated in Chapter 6?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)