|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Taft admonish Fay about?
(a) Eating too much.
(c) Almost failing a test.
(d) Staying out late.
2. What does Carl do while he is at the bar in Chapter 3?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Play the jukebox.
(d) Help with tables.
3. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In her uncle's house.
(c) By his car.
(d) All of the above.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore say about Marion?
(a) She is developing an alcohol problem.
(b) She never calls anymore.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is pregnant again.
5. In Chapter 4, Taft jokes with Fay before what?
(a) They go to church.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) They leave fro Memphis.
(d) She goes on a date.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
2. While giving Fay a tour of the bar in Chapter 2, John marvels what about Tennessee?
3. Who does John decide should handle the bar deposits in Chapter 4?
4. Why does John feel awful in the morning of Chapter 2?
5. Who is Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do John and Fay meet in Chapter 1?
2. What does John imagine at the end of Chapter 4?
3. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
4. Where do John and Fay travel in Chapter 4?
5. What interchange do Fay and John have before parting in Chapter 4?
6. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
7. Who does Fay introduce John to Chapter 2?
8. In what state is Carl when John and Fay find him in Chapter 3?
9. Describe the interchange John has with Cyndi in Chapter 4?
10. What does Taft worry about regarding his children in Chapter 5?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)