|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John fixate on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Franklin's voice.
(b) Fay touching his neck.
(c) Carl almost dying.
(d) Cyndi's dancing.
2. In Chapter 5, When is Marion planning to bring Franklin to Memphis?
(a) At Thanksgiving.
(b) At Christmas.
(c) During summer vacation.
(d) Over spring break.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
(b) Playing catch.
(d) Fixing a taillight.
4. What is obvious about Carl's disposition in Chapter 2?
(a) He is autistic.
(b) He is stoned.
(c) He is standoffish.
(d) He is highly caffeinated.
5. What does Carl say to John at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He asks for a job.
(c) He is unintelligible.
(d) He tells him to stay away from Fay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battlefield do Fay and Fay think to visit in Chapter 4?
2. How is Franklin hurt at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Why can Fay only stay a work for a few hours in Chapter 6?
4. Which direction out of Memphis does John drive with Fay in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 1, what does John Nickel say he will probably never do again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ruth introduced in Chapter 5?
2. Where do John and Fay travel in Chapter 4?
3. Describe John and Fay's first kiss.
4. Why does Levon Taft dislike his in-laws?
5. Why does John buy cigarettes in Chapter 5?
6. Describe the interchange John has with Cyndi in Chapter 4?
7. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
8. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
9. How are Taft's feelings about race elucidated in Chapter 6?
10. What do John and Fay do at the battlefield in Chapter 4?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)