|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. why is Lily annoyed at Carl during the visit in Chapter 6?
(a) He goes to sleep early.
(b) He won't eat.
(c) He is high.
(d) He curses regularly.
2. What is Levon Taft's day job?
(a) A sports bar.
(b) A Ford plant.
(c) A car dealership.
(d) A carpet factory.
3. Why is John uncomfortable in Fay's neighborhood?
(a) It is affluent and white.
(b) It is outside of town.
(c) It is known for gang violence.
(d) It is in a dry county.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
(a) Take some weeks off.
(b) Go back with him to Miami.
(c) Ask Marion to join them.
(d) Buy him a bicycle.
5. What is Cyndi angling for in Chapter 4?
(a) Getting Fay fired.
(b) Sex with John.
(c) A raise.
(d) Time off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John notice about Carl as he leaves the bar in Chapter 2?
2. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
3. What business in Memphis does Fay's uncle run?
4. In Chapter 5, why does John state he is indebted to Ruth?
5. What does Taft wish would happen during the match at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Taft's feelings about race elucidated in Chapter 6?
2. How is Ruth introduced in Chapter 5?
3. What does John learn about Marion at dinner in Chapter 5?
4. Describe the interchange John has with Cyndi in Chapter 4?
5. Describe John Nickel's experience at the Rum Boogie Cafe.
6. What do Marion and John discuss at the end of Chapter 5?
7. What does Taft worry about regarding his children in Chapter 5?
8. Describe the interchange between John and Fay in Chapter 5.
9. Why do Taft's in-laws get annoyed at Carl in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 2, what does Fay reveal to John about herself?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)