Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury did Tommy Lawson suffer at work?
(a) He lost two fingers.
(b) He developed lupus.
(c) He turned an ankle.
(d) He suffered a concussion.
2. What does John always bring with him to dinner with the Woodmoores?
(a) A box of cigarettes.
(b) A pecan pie.
(c) A copy of the newspaper.
(d) A bottle of wine.
3. While giving Fay a tour of the bar in Chapter 2, John marvels what about Tennessee?
(a) It is so small.
(b) It is so green.
(c) It is so diverse.
(d) It is so poor.
4. What makes Taft uncomfortable about Memphis in Chapter 6?
(a) The black people.
(b) The scantily clad women.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The number of bars.
5. How old was Marion when she met John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
2. Which direction out of Memphis does John drive with Fay in Chapter 4?
3. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
4. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
5. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Levon Taft dislike his in-laws?
2. What difficulty do John and Fay face in bailing Carl out in Chapter?
3. Who does Fay introduce John to Chapter 2?
4. What call does John Nickel make at work in Chapter 2?
5. Where does John go to recuperate in Chapter 12?
6. What do John and Fay do at the battlefield in Chapter 4?
7. What is John's catharsis at the end of Taft?
8. How does Taft die in Chapter 12?
9. Describe the frantic call that John gets at the end of the Chapter 1?
10. What happens at dinner in Chapter 7.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)