|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
(a) Refuse to look him in the eye.
(b) Check John's bills.
(c) Offer him Hennessee.
(d) Make John pay in cash.
2. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) By his car.
(c) All of the above.
(d) In her uncle's house.
3. Where did Fay work in Coalfield?
(b) Piggly Wiggly.
(c) Dairy Queen.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
5. Who does the applicant in Chapter 1 remind John Nickel of?
(b) His father.
(c) Etta James.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
2. What does Carl say to John at the end of Chapter 5?
3. When did John leave Marion?
4. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
5. What is Levon Taft's day job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John buy cigarettes in Chapter 5?
2. Describe the interchange John has with Cyndi in Chapter 4?
3. In what state is Carl when John and Fay find him in Chapter 3?
4. How is Levon Taft's life described in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Levon Taft dislike his in-laws?
6. Describe the interchange between John and Fay in Chapter 5.
7. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
8. What does John imagine at the end of Chapter 4?
9. Where do John and Fay travel in Chapter 4?
10. How is Ruth introduced in Chapter 5?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)