|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the battlefield close in Chapter 4?
(b) 4 p.m.
(c) It is open 24 hours.
2. Why can Fay only stay a work for a few hours in Chapter 6?
(a) A tornado is coming.
(b) Carl is in the hospital.
(c) She is feeling faint.
(d) It is her uncle's birthday.
3. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
(b) Playing catch.
(d) Fixing a taillight.
4. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(a) Four hours a day.
(b) All the time.
(c) Only during work hours.
5. When did John leave Marion?
(a) When she became preganant.
(b) When she was in nursing school.
(c) When she wanted to get married.
(d) When she started doing cocaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taft wish would happen during the match at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What task in the bar does John worry about delegating in Chapter 3?
3. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
4. What tender gesture does John make toward Fay on the battlefield in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Taft's in-laws get annoyed at Carl in Chapter 6?
2. What role does Carl play at Muddy's as time does on?
3. How has John's relationship with the Woodmoores changed?
4. How does John feel about Fay's neighborhood in Chapter 3?
5. What do John and Fay do at the battlefield in Chapter 4?
6. How is Ruth introduced in Chapter 5?
7. How does Ruth interact with Fay and John in Chapter 6?
8. In what state is Cyndi on the second night of Chapter 3?
9. How is Levon Taft's life described in Chapter 5?
10. What does John reason about the Taft house in the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)