|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore privately ask John to do?
(a) Compliment Mrs. Woodmoore's cooking.
(b) Take Ruth out for a night.
(c) Call Marion.
(d) Visit Miami.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Taft admonish Fay about?
(a) Almost failing a test.
(c) Staying out late.
(d) Eating too much.
3. In Chapter 6, what does Taft fear regarding his in-laws and his children?
(a) His children resent the in-laws.
(b) His in-laws are trying to convert his children to Catholicism.
(c) His children are stealing from his in-laws.
(d) His in-laws want the children as surrogates.
4. Which of the following is a location John and Fay check for Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) A pool hall.
(b) The emergency room.
(c) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(d) The bus depot.
5. Which battlefield do Fay and Fay think to visit in Chapter 4?
(b) Cold Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
2. Why does John offer to drive Fay home in Chapter 3?
3. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Where do Fay and John eventually find Carl in Chapter 3?
5. Who does John Nickel imagine as he walks through Fay's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interchange between Carl and John in Chapter 4?
2. What interchange do Fay and John have before parting in Chapter 4?
3. How has John's relationship with the Woodmoores changed?
4. What do John and Fay do at the battlefield in Chapter 4?
5. How is Ruth introduced in Chapter 5?
6. Why does John call Ruth in Chapter 6?
7. Why did John Nickel leave Marion?
8. What happened to the Taft family after the patriarch's death?
9. Describe the interchange John has with Cyndi in Chapter 4?
10. What does Taft worry about regarding his children in Chapter 5?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)