|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, What does Fay pointedly ask John?
(a) If he is supplying Carl.
(b) If he is leaving Memphis.
(c) If she is fired.
(d) If he and Marion are back together.
2. Who is Carl involved with as of Chapter 8?
3. What does Carl demand of John after he breaks into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
(a) His sister.
(b) John's pistol.
(c) His drug stash.
(d) The deposit.
4. What does John tell Teddy to do in Chapter 11 after the bar closes?
(a) Lock the doors.
(b) Change out the kegs.
(c) Count the deposit.
(d) Walk Fay out.
5. Who dances to the band's slow, elegiac song at Muddy's in Chapter 11?
6. In Chapter 12, where does Fay say she thinks she can get a job?
(a) A church.
(b) A day care.
(c) The Dairy Queen.
(d) The lumberyard.
7. What do John and Fay eat for dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) Cobb salads,
8. Why does the doctor in Chapter 11 agree to help John in Chapter 11?
(a) He is one of Carl's customers.
(b) He is a regular at Muddy's.
(c) He is being paid under the table.
(d) He likes Marion.
9. How does Fay get back into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
(a) She has stolen and copied John's key.
(b) She comes in the back door.
(c) She breaks a window.
(d) She jimmies the front door lock.
10. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
(a) Work on the porch.
(b) Opens a beer.
(c) Orders a pizza.
(d) Calls into work.
11. How much does the mechanic quote Taft for the damage in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(d) $ 800.
12. In Chapter 7, why does John think the crowd is larger than normal?
(a) Fay's friends are coming.
(b) Tourist season has started.
(c) The bar across the street has closed.
(d) Elvis's birthday is today.
13. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
14. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) She doesn't want Franklin anymore.
(b) He does not want her back.
(c) She will never leave Miami.
(d) She is a good mother.
15. What is Carl's excuse for the cocaine in Chapter 9?
(a) The cop planted it on him.
(b) He was delivering it.
(c) He was using it himself.
(d) He was holding it for someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carl hit in his crash?
2. Where do the Woodmoores put John to sleep in Chapter 12?
3. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What does Fay ask of John at dinner in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 8, Wallace reveal Carl to be what?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)