|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Fay want John to apologize to her?
(a) For yelling at Carl.
(b) For hiring another waitress.
(c) For kissing her.
(d) For leaving her.
2. What does Fay ask John at the very beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Why he kicked Carl out.
(b) Whether he loves her.
(c) If she can have a raise.
(d) If Marion has left.
3. What does Carl demand of John after he breaks into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
(a) His sister.
(b) His drug stash.
(c) The deposit.
(d) John's pistol.
4. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
5. Which of the following is in Carl's pocket when John interrogates him in Chapter 8?
(a) A luck rabbit's foot.
(b) A gun.
6. Who immediately accosts John when he enters Muddy's in Chapter 11?
7. Where is Taft in Chapter 12 when he has his fatal heart attack?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The kitchen.
8. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(a) Tommy Lawson.
9. What does Mrs. Woodmoore interrupt when she comes to talk to John in Chapter 12?
(a) His painkiller dose.
(b) His agreeing to take Marion back.
(c) His breakfast.
(d) His sponge bath.
10. Why does the doctor in Chapter 11 agree to help John in Chapter 11?
(a) He likes Marion.
(b) He is one of Carl's customers.
(c) He is a regular at Muddy's.
(d) He is being paid under the table.
11. In the beginning of the Taft section of Chapter 12, where is Virginia?
(a) A soup kitchen.
(b) A rummage sale.
(c) A town meeting.
(d) A parent-teacher conference.
12. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
(a) They do not want to wake Franklin.
(b) They are afraid the police will get called.
(c) They have experienced a shooting wound before.
(d) They do not want to aggravate John's condition.
13. In Chapter 9, Carl says he was arrested in the parking lot of what?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A nightclub.
(c) A Carl Jr.'s.
(d) A high school.
14. In Chapter 8, What does Fay pointedly ask John?
(a) If she is fired.
(b) If he and Marion are back together.
(c) If he is leaving Memphis.
(d) If he is supplying Carl.
15. What is special about the day Chapter 9 takes place on?
(a) It is Franklin's birthday.
(b) It is John's birthday.
(c) It is Fay's birthday.
(d) It is Elvis's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
2. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
3. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
4. Where do the Woodmoores put John to sleep in Chapter 12?
5. What does Carl thank John for at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)