|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carl call Muddy's from in Chapter 9?
(a) The Woodmoores.
(b) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(d) New Orleans.
2. In Chapter 7, why does John think the crowd is larger than normal?
(a) Tourist season has started.
(b) Elvis's birthday is today.
(c) Fay's friends are coming.
(d) The bar across the street has closed.
3. In Chapter 9, Carl says he was arrested in the parking lot of what?
(a) A high school.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A Carl Jr.'s.
4. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) She should give up nursing.
(b) She should have dinner with him.
(c) She should return to Memphis.
(d) She should cut off communication with John.
5. What does Carl do immediately before John kicks him out in Chapter 8?
(a) Push Fay over.
(b) Make a grab for his stash.
(c) Try to punch him.
(d) Break a glass.
6. How does John say he knows Carl at the jail in Chapter 9?
(a) He is a family friend.
(b) He employs him.
(c) He is his father.
(d) He is his brother-in-law.
7. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) She will never leave Miami.
(b) She doesn't want Franklin anymore.
(c) She is a good mother.
(d) He does not want her back.
8. Who does Taft fear is dead in Chapter 8?
(b) Tommy Lawson.
9. What is Ruth doing when John wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Doing her nails.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Making breakfast.
10. Who is left at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 11 when John is brought to the doctor's?
11. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) This was not his first accident.
(b) Another car was not involved.
(c) Taft was not driving.
(d) The car is almost totalled.
12. What do John and Fay eat for dinner in Chapter 9?
(d) Cobb salads,
13. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
(a) Orders a pizza.
(b) Opens a beer.
(c) Calls into work.
(d) Work on the porch.
14. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
15. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the mechanic want to simply patch the car up in Chapter 10?
2. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
3. How old is Carl in the final passage of Taft?
4. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
5. What is Tommy Lawson's son selling when he knocks on Taft's door in Chapter 10?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)