|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Marion and Franklin first meet John in Chapter 7?
(a) A baseball game.
(c) The Woodmoores'.
(d) John's apartment.
2. What is Carl doing for the first time in the Taft section of Chapter 8?
(a) Going camping.
(b) Going on a date.
(c) Working a job.
(d) Borrowing the car.
3. What is Carl doing when John asks him to help with the deck in Chapter 12?
(a) Reading a school book.
(c) Lifting weights.
(d) Eating breaksfast.
4. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
(a) Cyndi is dating Carl.
(b) He is being demoted.
(c) John has a child.
(d) Fay is not 21.
5. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
(a) Leaving Franklin with them.
(b) Staying another week.
(c) Taking back John.
(d) Giving up nursing.
6. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
7. Who calls John at the beginning on Chapter 7?
(d) Mrs. Woodmoore.
8. Who is Carl involved with as of Chapter 8?
9. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) She will never leave Miami.
(b) She is a good mother.
(c) He does not want her back.
(d) She doesn't want Franklin anymore.
10. Who immediately accosts John when he enters Muddy's in Chapter 11?
11. In Chapter 10, how does Taft decide Carl will pay off the damage to the car?
(a) A paper route.
(b) A job at the Dairy Queen.
(c) A job at the local video store.
(d) A job at the lumberyard.
12. What does Mrs. Woodmore ask John to do regarding Fay in Chapter 12?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Adopt her.
(c) Keep her on the Muddy's staff.
(d) Never see her again.
13. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To go to bed early.
(b) To go back to Miami.
(c) To stay with John.
(d) To get ice cream.
14. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
(a) It is lumpy.
(b) It smells like Ruth.
(c) He has no air conditioning.
(d) He had caffeine too late in the day.
15. What kind of whiskey do Carl and John share in Chapter 7?
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Johnny Walker Blue.
(d) Jim Beam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advise from Virginia regarding the car repair does Taft refuse in Chapter 10?
2. Why does John demand not to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 11?
3. How many shifts in a row is Taft planning to work in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mrs. Woodmoore interrupt when she comes to talk to John in Chapter 12?
5. Which of the following characters does not become romantically involved with John in the novel?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)