|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth doing when John wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Taking a shower.
(b) Doing her nails.
(c) Making breakfast.
(d) Talking on the phone.
2. In Chapter 10, how does Taft decide Carl will pay off the damage to the car?
(a) A job at the Dairy Queen.
(b) A job at the local video store.
(c) A job at the lumberyard.
(d) A paper route.
3. Who is left at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 11 when John is brought to the doctor's?
4. How does Fay get back into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
(a) She has stolen and copied John's key.
(b) She jimmies the front door lock.
(c) She breaks a window.
(d) She comes in the back door.
5. What is Carl doing for the first time in the Taft section of Chapter 8?
(a) Working a job.
(b) Borrowing the car.
(c) Going on a date.
(d) Going camping.
6. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
7. How much does the mechanic quote Taft for the damage in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(c) $ 800.
8. What advise from Virginia regarding the car repair does Taft refuse in Chapter 10?
(a) Buying a used car.
(b) Going without a car.
(c) Borrowing money from his in-laws.
(d) Putting it on the Visa.
9. Why does John demand not to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 11?
(a) He thinks he will die en route.
(b) He fears Carl will be arrested.
(c) He does not trust white doctor's
(d) He is a Christian Scientist.
10. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
(a) Fay is not 21.
(b) He is being demoted.
(c) Cyndi is dating Carl.
(d) John has a child.
11. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(d) Tommy Lawson.
12. In Chapter 8, Wallace says that Muddy's is developing a reputation as a what?
(a) Dangerous bar.
(b) Gay bar.
(c) Dead bar.
(d) Drug bar.
13. In Chapter 8, Wallace reveal Carl to be what?
(a) A racist.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A homosexual.
(d) A rapist.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Franklin say he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A drummer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A firefighter.
(d) An archeologist.
15. Where does Fay spend most of her time on the second work shift in Chapter 7?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Behind the bar.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Working the tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, where does Fay say she thinks she can get a job?
2. What does John tell Teddy to do in Chapter 11 after the bar closes?
3. What does Mrs. Woodmore ask John to do regarding Fay in Chapter 12?
4. What does Carl do immediately before John kicks him out in Chapter 8?
5. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)