|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who immediately accosts John when he enters Muddy's in Chapter 11?
2. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
(a) He has no air conditioning.
(b) It smells like Ruth.
(c) It is lumpy.
(d) He had caffeine too late in the day.
3. Where does Fay spend most of her time on the second work shift in Chapter 7?
(a) Working the tables.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Behind the bar.
4. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
5. What is Ruth doing when John wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Doing her nails.
(d) Making breakfast.
6. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To stay with John.
(b) To go back to Miami.
(c) To go to bed early.
(d) To get ice cream.
7. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) The car is almost totalled.
(b) Another car was not involved.
(c) Taft was not driving.
(d) This was not his first accident.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 12, who picks up John's prescription?
(b) The Doctor.
9. What is Carl doing for the first time in the Taft section of Chapter 8?
(a) Borrowing the car.
(b) Going on a date.
(c) Working a job.
(d) Going camping.
10. What kind of whiskey do Carl and John share in Chapter 7?
(a) Johnny Walker Blue.
(b) Jack Daniels.
(c) Jim Beam.
11. What does Ruth demand immediately up entering Muddy's in Chapter 9?
(a) A ride home.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A drink.
12. What does Taft give Tommy Lawson's boy to cool him off?
(a) A Coke.
(b) A popsickle.
(c) An ice-cream sandwich.
(d) A beer.
13. In the beginning of the Taft section of Chapter 12, where is Virginia?
(a) A town meeting.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A parent-teacher conference.
(d) A rummage sale.
14. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
(a) Opens a beer.
(b) Orders a pizza.
(c) Work on the porch.
(d) Calls into work.
15. Where do Marion and Franklin first meet John in Chapter 7?
(a) John's apartment.
(b) The Woodmoores'.
(d) A baseball game.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
2. What advise from Virginia regarding the car repair does Taft refuse in Chapter 10?
3. How does Fay get back into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 12, where does Fay say she thinks she can get a job?
5. What does Carl demand of John after he breaks into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)