|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
(a) Giving up nursing.
(b) Taking back John.
(c) Staying another week.
(d) Leaving Franklin with them.
2. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) This was not his first accident.
(b) Another car was not involved.
(c) The car is almost totalled.
(d) Taft was not driving.
3. Who is left at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 11 when John is brought to the doctor's?
4. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
5. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He does not want her back.
(b) She is a good mother.
(c) She doesn't want Franklin anymore.
(d) She will never leave Miami.
6. Which of the following characters does not become romantically involved with John in the novel?
7. Why is Carl not with Taft when he dies in Chapter 12?
(a) He refuses to touch him.
(b) He is calling an ambulance.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is in the toolshed.
8. In Chapter 7, why does Fay want John to apologize to her?
(a) For leaving her.
(b) For kissing her.
(c) For hiring another waitress.
(d) For yelling at Carl.
9. How much does the mechanic quote Taft for the damage in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) $ 800.
10. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
11. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
12. Who is Carl involved with as of Chapter 8?
13. Where does Fay spend most of her time on the second work shift in Chapter 7?
(a) Working the tables.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Behind the bar.
(d) The kitchen.
14. What was Carl evidently doing when he crashed the car?
(a) Racing another car.
(b) Driving drunk.
(c) Changing radio stations.
(d) Sleeping at the wheel.
15. What does Fay ask John at the very beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) If she can have a raise.
(b) Why he kicked Carl out.
(c) Whether he loves her.
(d) If Marion has left.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 12, who picks up John's prescription?
2. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
3. What does Mrs. Woodmore ask John to do regarding Fay in Chapter 12?
4. What is Carl doing for the first time in the Taft section of Chapter 8?
5. How old is Carl in the final passage of Taft?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)