|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
(a) They do not want to aggravate John's condition.
(b) They have experienced a shooting wound before.
(c) They are afraid the police will get called.
(d) They do not want to wake Franklin.
2. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
3. What is Carl doing when John asks him to help with the deck in Chapter 12?
(b) Lifting weights.
(c) Reading a school book.
(d) Eating breaksfast.
4. In Chapter 8, Wallace says that Muddy's is developing a reputation as a what?
(a) Gay bar.
(b) Drug bar.
(c) Dangerous bar.
(d) Dead bar.
5. What is Tommy Lawson's son selling when he knocks on Taft's door in Chapter 10?
(a) Coupon books.
(b) Candy bars.
(c) Kitchen knives.
(d) Magazine subscriptions.
6. What is Carl's excuse for the cocaine in Chapter 9?
(a) He was using it himself.
(b) The cop planted it on him.
(c) He was holding it for someone else.
(d) He was delivering it.
7. What did Carl hit in his crash?
(a) A guard rail.
(b) An embankment.
(c) A tree.
(d) Another car.
8. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
9. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
(a) He has no air conditioning.
(b) He had caffeine too late in the day.
(c) It is lumpy.
(d) It smells like Ruth.
10. Why is Carl particularly angry about having his stash taken in Chapter 8?
(a) He is on advance.
(b) He smuggled it into the country personally.
(c) He has promised it to buyers.
(d) He spent all night cutting it.
11. What was Carl evidently doing when he crashed the car?
(a) Racing another car.
(b) Driving drunk.
(c) Sleeping at the wheel.
(d) Changing radio stations.
12. What advise from Virginia regarding the car repair does Taft refuse in Chapter 10?
(a) Buying a used car.
(b) Putting it on the Visa.
(c) Going without a car.
(d) Borrowing money from his in-laws.
13. Where do the Woodmoores put John to sleep in Chapter 12?
(a) The living room.
(b) Their bedroom.
(c) Franklin's room.
(d) Marion's old room.
14. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) Taft was not driving.
(b) Another car was not involved.
(c) The car is almost totalled.
(d) This was not his first accident.
15. What does Ruth demand immediately up entering Muddy's in Chapter 9?
(b) A drink.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A ride home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fay spend most of her time on the second work shift in Chapter 7?
2. Where do John, Marion and Franklin meet for breakfast in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Carl involved with as of Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 10, how does Taft decide Carl will pay off the damage to the car?
5. What does Carl thank John for at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)