|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fay ask of John at dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) That he hire Carl on.
(b) That he marry her.
(c) That he fire her.
(d) That he take her virginity.
2. What was Carl evidently doing when he crashed the car?
(a) Racing another car.
(b) Driving drunk.
(c) Sleeping at the wheel.
(d) Changing radio stations.
3. Who calls John at the beginning on Chapter 7?
(b) Mrs. Woodmoore.
4. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
6. What does John teach Carl in Chapter 7?
(a) Basic boxing moves.
(b) Mixing drinks.
(c) Jazz theory.
(d) How to balance a ledger.
7. Who is Carl involved with as of Chapter 8?
8. Why is Carl not with Taft when he dies in Chapter 12?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is in the toolshed.
(c) He refuses to touch him.
(d) He is calling an ambulance.
9. Why does the doctor in Chapter 11 agree to help John in Chapter 11?
(a) He is one of Carl's customers.
(b) He is a regular at Muddy's.
(c) He likes Marion.
(d) He is being paid under the table.
10. What is Tommy Lawson's son selling when he knocks on Taft's door in Chapter 10?
(a) Coupon books.
(b) Candy bars.
(c) Magazine subscriptions.
(d) Kitchen knives.
11. Who immediately accosts John when he enters Muddy's in Chapter 11?
12. What does Taft give Tommy Lawson's boy to cool him off?
(a) A Coke.
(b) An ice-cream sandwich.
(c) A popsickle.
(d) A beer.
13. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) She doesn't want Franklin anymore.
(b) She is a good mother.
(c) He does not want her back.
(d) She will never leave Miami.
14. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To go back to Miami.
(b) To stay with John.
(c) To get ice cream.
(d) To go to bed early.
15. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
2. How much does the mechanic quote Taft for the damage in the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What does Mrs. Woodmore ask John to do regarding Fay in Chapter 12?
4. What kind of whiskey do Carl and John share in Chapter 7?
5. How old is Carl in the final passage of Taft?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)