|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carl's excuse for the cocaine in Chapter 9?
(a) He was delivering it.
(b) He was using it himself.
(c) The cop planted it on him.
(d) He was holding it for someone else.
2. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
3. What does John teach Carl in Chapter 7?
(a) Jazz theory.
(b) Basic boxing moves.
(c) How to balance a ledger.
(d) Mixing drinks.
4. What does Taft give Tommy Lawson's boy to cool him off?
(a) A popsickle.
(b) An ice-cream sandwich.
(c) A Coke.
(d) A beer.
5. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
(a) They have experienced a shooting wound before.
(b) They are afraid the police will get called.
(c) They do not want to aggravate John's condition.
(d) They do not want to wake Franklin.
6. How much does the mechanic want to simply patch the car up in Chapter 10?
7. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
8. In the beginning of the Taft section of Chapter 12, where is Virginia?
(a) A soup kitchen.
(b) A rummage sale.
(c) A parent-teacher conference.
(d) A town meeting.
9. What is Ruth doing when John wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Making breakfast.
(d) Doing her nails.
10. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) She should cut off communication with John.
(b) She should return to Memphis.
(c) She should give up nursing.
(d) She should have dinner with him.
11. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
(a) John has a child.
(b) Fay is not 21.
(c) Cyndi is dating Carl.
(d) He is being demoted.
12. How many shifts in a row is Taft planning to work in Chapter 8?
13. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) This was not his first accident.
(b) Another car was not involved.
(c) Taft was not driving.
(d) The car is almost totalled.
14. In Chapter 10, how does Taft decide Carl will pay off the damage to the car?
(a) A job at the local video store.
(b) A paper route.
(c) A job at the lumberyard.
(d) A job at the Dairy Queen.
15. In Chapter 7, why does Fay want John to apologize to her?
(a) For kissing her.
(b) For hiring another waitress.
(c) For leaving her.
(d) For yelling at Carl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What kind of whiskey do Carl and John share in Chapter 7?
3. Why does the doctor in Chapter 11 agree to help John in Chapter 11?
4. What does Ruth demand immediately up entering Muddy's in Chapter 9?
5. How old is Carl in the final passage of Taft?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)