|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
(a) He is being demoted.
(b) Fay is not 21.
(c) John has a child.
(d) Cyndi is dating Carl.
2. What does John tell Teddy to do in Chapter 11 after the bar closes?
(a) Lock the doors.
(b) Change out the kegs.
(c) Walk Fay out.
(d) Count the deposit.
3. Who calls John at the beginning on Chapter 7?
(d) Mrs. Woodmoore.
4. In Chapter 8, What does Fay pointedly ask John?
(a) If she is fired.
(b) If he is supplying Carl.
(c) If he and Marion are back together.
(d) If he is leaving Memphis.
5. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) Taft was not driving.
(b) Another car was not involved.
(c) The car is almost totalled.
(d) This was not his first accident.
6. What do John and Fay eat for dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) Cobb salads,
7. What is special about the day Chapter 9 takes place on?
(a) It is John's birthday.
(b) It is Fay's birthday.
(c) It is Elvis's birthday.
(d) It is Franklin's birthday.
8. How much does the mechanic want to simply patch the car up in Chapter 10?
9. Why is Carl not with Taft when he dies in Chapter 12?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is calling an ambulance.
(c) He is in the toolshed.
(d) He refuses to touch him.
10. How does John say he knows Carl at the jail in Chapter 9?
(a) He is his brother-in-law.
(b) He employs him.
(c) He is a family friend.
(d) He is his father.
11. What does Taft give Tommy Lawson's boy to cool him off?
(a) A beer.
(b) An ice-cream sandwich.
(c) A popsickle.
(d) A Coke.
12. What does Mrs. Woodmore ask John to do regarding Fay in Chapter 12?
(a) Never see her again.
(b) Keep her on the Muddy's staff.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Adopt her.
13. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(b) Tommy Lawson.
14. In Chapter 12, where does Fay say she thinks she can get a job?
(a) The Dairy Queen.
(b) The lumberyard.
(c) A day care.
(d) A church.
15. What is Carl doing for the first time in the Taft section of Chapter 8?
(a) Going on a date.
(b) Working a job.
(c) Going camping.
(d) Borrowing the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does Fay want John to apologize to her?
2. What was Carl evidently doing when he crashed the car?
3. What does John teach Carl in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Taft fear is dead in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 9, Carl says he was arrested in the parking lot of what?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)