|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl do immediately before John kicks him out in Chapter 8?
(a) Try to punch him.
(b) Push Fay over.
(c) Break a glass.
(d) Make a grab for his stash.
2. In Chapter 7, why does Fay want John to apologize to her?
(a) For kissing her.
(b) For leaving her.
(c) For yelling at Carl.
(d) For hiring another waitress.
3. How much does the mechanic quote Taft for the damage in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) $ 800.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, who picks up John's prescription?
(c) The Doctor.
5. What does Carl demand of John after he breaks into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
(a) His sister.
(b) The deposit.
(c) His drug stash.
(d) John's pistol.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Franklin say he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A firefighter.
(b) A drummer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An archeologist.
7. Who immediately accosts John when he enters Muddy's in Chapter 11?
8. In Chapter 9, Carl says he was arrested in the parking lot of what?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A nightclub.
(c) A Carl Jr.'s.
(d) A high school.
9. What is Tommy Lawson's son selling when he knocks on Taft's door in Chapter 10?
(a) Coupon books.
(b) Kitchen knives.
(c) Candy bars.
(d) Magazine subscriptions.
10. In Chapter 10, Taft gives Tommy Lawson's son tips on what?
11. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) She is a good mother.
(b) He does not want her back.
(c) She doesn't want Franklin anymore.
(d) She will never leave Miami.
12. What does Mrs. Woodmore ask John to do regarding Fay in Chapter 12?
(a) Adopt her.
(b) Never see her again.
(c) Keep her on the Muddy's staff.
(d) Marry her.
13. Why is Carl particularly angry about having his stash taken in Chapter 8?
(a) He spent all night cutting it.
(b) He is on advance.
(c) He smuggled it into the country personally.
(d) He has promised it to buyers.
14. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
(a) They are afraid the police will get called.
(b) They do not want to wake Franklin.
(c) They do not want to aggravate John's condition.
(d) They have experienced a shooting wound before.
15. How many shifts in a row is Taft planning to work in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
2. What kind of whiskey do Carl and John share in Chapter 7?
3. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 8, What does Fay pointedly ask John?
5. What does Ruth demand immediately up entering Muddy's in Chapter 9?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)