|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
2. What does Taft give Tommy Lawson's boy to cool him off?
(a) A Coke.
(b) An ice-cream sandwich.
(c) A popsickle.
(d) A beer.
3. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
(a) They do not want to wake Franklin.
(b) They have experienced a shooting wound before.
(c) They are afraid the police will get called.
(d) They do not want to aggravate John's condition.
4. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
(a) Fay is not 21.
(b) He is being demoted.
(c) Cyndi is dating Carl.
(d) John has a child.
5. What does Fay ask of John at dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) That he take her virginity.
(b) That he fire her.
(c) That he hire Carl on.
(d) That he marry her.
6. What does Fay ask John at the very beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Why he kicked Carl out.
(b) If she can have a raise.
(c) Whether he loves her.
(d) If Marion has left.
7. Where do John, Marion and Franklin meet for breakfast in Chapter 8?
(d) Waffle House.
8. Who dances to the band's slow, elegiac song at Muddy's in Chapter 11?
9. What does John tell Teddy to do in Chapter 11 after the bar closes?
(a) Walk Fay out.
(b) Count the deposit.
(c) Change out the kegs.
(d) Lock the doors.
10. Where does Carl call Muddy's from in Chapter 9?
(a) The Woodmoores.
(b) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(d) New Orleans.
11. Why is Carl not with Taft when he dies in Chapter 12?
(a) He refuses to touch him.
(b) He is calling an ambulance.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is in the toolshed.
12. Where do Marion and Franklin first meet John in Chapter 7?
(a) John's apartment.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) The Woodmoores'.
13. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
(a) It smells like Ruth.
(b) He has no air conditioning.
(c) It is lumpy.
(d) He had caffeine too late in the day.
14. In Chapter 8, What does Fay pointedly ask John?
(a) If he and Marion are back together.
(b) If he is supplying Carl.
(c) If he is leaving Memphis.
(d) If she is fired.
15. What is Carl's excuse for the cocaine in Chapter 9?
(a) The cop planted it on him.
(b) He was delivering it.
(c) He was using it himself.
(d) He was holding it for someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
2. What did Carl hit in his crash?
3. In Chapter 7, why does Fay want John to apologize to her?
4. What is Carl doing when John asks him to help with the deck in Chapter 12?
5. What is Ruth doing when John wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)