|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
(a) Staying another week.
(b) Taking back John.
(c) Giving up nursing.
(d) Leaving Franklin with them.
2. What is Tommy Lawson's son selling when he knocks on Taft's door in Chapter 10?
(a) Kitchen knives.
(b) Magazine subscriptions.
(c) Coupon books.
(d) Candy bars.
3. Who is Carl involved with as of Chapter 8?
4. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) To get ice cream.
(b) To stay with John.
(c) To go to bed early.
(d) To go back to Miami.
5. What does Carl demand of John after he breaks into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
(a) His sister.
(b) His drug stash.
(c) John's pistol.
(d) The deposit.
6. Who holds John's neck throughout most of Chapter 11?
7. In Chapter 12, where does Fay say she thinks she can get a job?
(a) A day care.
(b) The Dairy Queen.
(c) A church.
(d) The lumberyard.
8. Who calls John at the beginning on Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Woodmoore.
9. How much does the mechanic want to simply patch the car up in Chapter 10?
10. In Chapter 8, Wallace says that Muddy's is developing a reputation as a what?
(a) Dead bar.
(b) Dangerous bar.
(c) Gay bar.
(d) Drug bar.
11. In Chapter 8, Wallace reveal Carl to be what?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A homosexual.
(c) A racist.
(d) A rapist.
12. Why is Carl particularly angry about having his stash taken in Chapter 8?
(a) He smuggled it into the country personally.
(b) He has promised it to buyers.
(c) He spent all night cutting it.
(d) He is on advance.
13. Why do Mr. and Mrs. Woodmoore keep quiet in the house after the wounded John arrives in Chapter 11?
(a) They are afraid the police will get called.
(b) They do not want to aggravate John's condition.
(c) They do not want to wake Franklin.
(d) They have experienced a shooting wound before.
14. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) Taft was not driving.
(b) Another car was not involved.
(c) This was not his first accident.
(d) The car is almost totalled.
15. How many shifts in a row is Taft planning to work in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taft do as soon as he returns home from the mechanic in Chapter 10?
2. What advise from Virginia regarding the car repair does Taft refuse in Chapter 10?
3. Why is Wallace surprised by in Chapter 7?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 12, who picks up John's prescription?
5. How does Fay get back into Muddy's in Chapter 11?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)