|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Carl in the final passage of Taft?
(a) 3 months.
2. What is special about the day Chapter 9 takes place on?
(a) It is Franklin's birthday.
(b) It is John's birthday.
(c) It is Fay's birthday.
(d) It is Elvis's birthday.
3. Who visits Taft in the middle of the night in Chapter 10?
(b) Tommy Lawson.
4. What does John tell Teddy to do in Chapter 11 after the bar closes?
(a) Change out the kegs.
(b) Walk Fay out.
(c) Count the deposit.
(d) Lock the doors.
5. In Chapter 8, Wallace says that Muddy's is developing a reputation as a what?
(a) Gay bar.
(b) Drug bar.
(c) Dangerous bar.
(d) Dead bar.
6. What does Fay ask of John at dinner in Chapter 9?
(a) That he take her virginity.
(b) That he fire her.
(c) That he marry her.
(d) That he hire Carl on.
7. Who calls John at the beginning on Chapter 7?
(d) Mrs. Woodmoore.
8. Why does the doctor in Chapter 11 agree to help John in Chapter 11?
(a) He likes Marion.
(b) He is one of Carl's customers.
(c) He is being paid under the table.
(d) He is a regular at Muddy's.
9. What does the doctor suggest to Marion at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) She should cut off communication with John.
(b) She should have dinner with him.
(c) She should give up nursing.
(d) She should return to Memphis.
10. Where do Marion and Franklin first meet John in Chapter 7?
(a) The Woodmoores'.
(b) John's apartment.
(d) A baseball game.
11. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
(a) He has no air conditioning.
(b) He had caffeine too late in the day.
(c) It is lumpy.
(d) It smells like Ruth.
12. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
(a) The car is almost totalled.
(b) Taft was not driving.
(c) Another car was not involved.
(d) This was not his first accident.
13. Where does Fay spend most of her time on the second work shift in Chapter 7?
(a) Behind the bar.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) Working the tables.
(d) The kitchen.
14. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. What is Tommy Lawson's son selling when he knocks on Taft's door in Chapter 10?
(a) Kitchen knives.
(b) Coupon books.
(c) Candy bars.
(d) Magazine subscriptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why does John think the crowd is larger than normal?
2. Who does Taft fear is dead in Chapter 8?
3. Why does John demand not to be taken to the hospital in Chapter 11?
4. What did Carl hit in his crash?
5. Who dances to the band's slow, elegiac song at Muddy's in Chapter 11?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)