|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) He is running late for an appointment.
(b) She isn't listening.
(c) He is too hung over.
(d) He may have a gun.
2. In Chapter 3, John notices that Carl does not have what?
(a) A favorite football team.
(b) A drug of choice.
(c) All of his fingers.
(d) His own car.
3. In Chapter 1, what does John Nickel say he will probably never do again?
(a) Do heroin.
(b) Leave Memphis.
(c) Drum professionally.
(d) Sleep with a woman.
4. Why is John angry at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Wallace is sick.
(b) Cyndi is drunk.
(c) The broiler is broken.
(d) Fay hasn't shown up.
5. Why does John feel awful in the morning of Chapter 2?
(a) He did not sleep.
(b) He is getting a cold.
(c) He fell asleep in a chair.
(d) He drank too much.
6. The statue on the battlefield commemorates the dead of which state?
7. why is Lily annoyed at Carl during the visit in Chapter 6?
(a) He curses regularly.
(b) He is high.
(c) He goes to sleep early.
(d) He won't eat.
8. Whom does John speak to on the phone in Chapter 2?
(d) Mrs. Woodmore.
9. What injury did Tommy Lawson suffer at work?
(a) He turned an ankle.
(b) He developed lupus.
(c) He suffered a concussion.
(d) He lost two fingers.
10. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
(a) Carl's wrestling match.
(b) Fay's piano recital.
(c) Victoria's high school reunion.
(d) A cousin's wedding.
11. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is cool and clear.
(c) It is unseasonably warm.
(d) It is snowing.
12. What did Marion demand in return for moving back in with John?
(a) They move out of Memphis.
(b) They get married.
(c) He give up drumming forever.
(d) He pay her way through school.
13. What singer does Cyndi put on in Chapter 3 that annoys John?
(a) David Bowie.
(b) Waylen Jennings.
(c) Sam Cooke.
14. In Chapter 5, When is Marion planning to bring Franklin to Memphis?
(a) At Thanksgiving.
(b) At Christmas.
(c) Over spring break.
(d) During summer vacation.
15. How is Franklin hurt at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) He cuts his face.
(b) He fall off a ledge.
(c) He sprains his ankle.
(d) He scrapes his knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
2. What is Cyndi angling for in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
4. What does Taft feel his in-laws use against him?
5. In Chapter 5, Ruth has just moved back to Memphis from where?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)