|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore privately ask John to do?
(a) Compliment Mrs. Woodmoore's cooking.
(b) Take Ruth out for a night.
(c) Visit Miami.
(d) Call Marion.
2. What does John notice about Carl as he leaves the bar in Chapter 2?
(a) He is skipping.
(b) He can barely walk.
(c) He walks very straight and fast.
(d) He always walks behind Fay.
3. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a alderwoman.
(c) She is Marion's cousin.
(d) She is a regular at Muddy's.
4. What task in the bar does John worry about delegating in Chapter 3?
(a) Refilling the kegs.
(b) The nightly deposit.
(d) Locking up the bar.
5. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is cool and clear.
(d) It is unseasonably warm.
6. What was Fay's mother's occupation before her husband's death?
7. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
(b) New York.
8. What does Taft wonder about his son in Chapter 5?
(a) If he wants to leave home.
(b) If he is doing drugs.
(c) If he can get a wrestling scholarship.
(d) If he will ever get a girlfriend.
9. What do Ruth and John do after meeting in Chapter 6?
(a) Call Marion.
(b) Talk about Franklin.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Get high together.
10. What is Levon Taft's day job?
(a) A car dealership.
(b) A sports bar.
(c) A carpet factory.
(d) A Ford plant.
11. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
12. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
(a) He wants her to see a band with him.
(b) He wants her to fix his sound system.
(c) He wants her to join him for dinner.
(d) He wants her to help him pick out a new suit.
13. The statue on the battlefield commemorates the dead of which state?
14. What makes Taft uncomfortable about Memphis in Chapter 6?
(a) The number of bars.
(b) The scantily clad women.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The black people.
15. Where is Budd Woodmoore stationed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Fay look at immediately upon entering the battlefield in Chapter 4?
2. Who does John Nickel imagine as he walks through Fay's house?
3. What is Mr. Woodmoore's career?
4. What did Marion demand in return for moving back in with John?
5. What rule does John have about drinking?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)