|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Levon work as a night security guard?
(a) An impound lot.
(b) An airstrip.
(c) A lumberyard.
(d) A mall.
2. What does John always bring with him to dinner with the Woodmoores?
(a) A copy of the newspaper.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A pecan pie.
(d) A box of cigarettes.
3. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
(a) A gas station.
(b) The local high school.
(c) A mechanic's shop.
(d) A lumberyard.
4. Who apologizes to John before he leaves to pick up Fay in Chapter 4?
5. Where does John tell Ruth to meet him in Chapter 6?
(b) His apartment.
(c) Rum Boogie Cafe.
6. Who is Virginia?
(a) Carl's girlfriend.
(b) John's sister.
(c) Taft's wife.
(d) Ruth's daughter.
7. Why does John feel awful in the morning of Chapter 2?
(a) He fell asleep in a chair.
(b) He is getting a cold.
(c) He did not sleep.
(d) He drank too much.
8. What was Fay's mother's occupation before her husband's death?
9. What injury did Tommy Lawson suffer at work?
(a) He lost two fingers.
(b) He turned an ankle.
(c) He developed lupus.
(d) He suffered a concussion.
10. In Chapter 1, what is John doing to fend off depression?
(a) Working long hours.
(b) Buys a dog.
(c) Drinking heavily.
(d) Going to movies.
11. What tender gesture does John make toward Fay on the battlefield in Chapter 4?
(a) He rubs her shoulders.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He gives her his coat.
(d) He holds her.
12. When does the battlefield close in Chapter 4?
(b) It is open 24 hours.
(c) 4 p.m.
13. In Chapter 5, Ruth has just moved back to Memphis from where?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New York.
14. When did John leave Marion?
(a) When she became preganant.
(b) When she wanted to get married.
(c) When she started doing cocaine.
(d) When she was in nursing school.
15. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
(a) When he nearly died in a car crash.
(b) When he saw his child.
(c) When Marion became pregnant.
(d) When his father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Woodmoore's career?
2. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
3. What do the Woodmoores regularly try to convince Marion to do?
4. What is Levon Taft's day job?
5. Why is John angry at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)