|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task in the bar does John worry about delegating in Chapter 3?
(a) The nightly deposit.
(b) Locking up the bar.
(d) Refilling the kegs.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
3. What sport was Carl a star of?
4. In Chapter 6, how does Taft feel about visiting his in-laws?
(a) He dislikes it.
(b) He is indifferent to it.
(c) He looks forward to it.
(d) He is the only one willing to do it.
5. How does Ruth treat Fay in Chapter 6?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She commiserates with her.
(c) She asks her about her brother.
(d) She ribs her.
6. In Chapter 3, John notices that Carl does not have what?
(a) All of his fingers.
(b) His own car.
(c) A drug of choice.
(d) A favorite football team.
7. In Chapter 5, why does John state he is indebted to Ruth?
(a) She stuck by him in the bad days.
(b) She convinced Marion to return to Memphis.
(c) She never missed one of his shows.
(d) She lent him a few hundred dollars.
8. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is unseasonably warm.
(d) It is cool and clear.
9. What does Carl say to John at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He tells him to stay away from Fay.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He is unintelligible.
(d) He asks for a job.
10. Before leaving the Woodmoore's, what does John invite Ruth to do?
(a) See a show.
(b) Come with him to Miami.
(c) See a movie.
(d) Come to Muddy's.
11. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(a) All the time.
(c) Four hours a day.
(d) Only during work hours.
12. Where does John tell Ruth to meet him in Chapter 6?
(c) His apartment.
(d) Rum Boogie Cafe.
13. Who apologizes to John before he leaves to pick up Fay in Chapter 4?
14. In Chapter 6, what does Taft fear regarding his in-laws and his children?
(a) His in-laws want the children as surrogates.
(b) His in-laws are trying to convert his children to Catholicism.
(c) His children are stealing from his in-laws.
(d) His children resent the in-laws.
15. How is Franklin hurt at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) He sprains his ankle.
(b) He scrapes his knee.
(c) He fall off a ledge.
(d) He cuts his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a location John and Fay check for Carl in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Taft stop working on the deck early in Chapter 5?
3. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
4. Where is Budd Woodmoore stationed?
5. Where did Fay work in Coalfield?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)