|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Taft feel about visiting his in-laws?
(a) He dislikes it.
(b) He is the only one willing to do it.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) He looks forward to it.
2. What does John decide was an pivotal event for Fay and Carl?
(a) Moving to Memphis.
(b) The father losing his job.
(c) Their father's death.
(d) Carl's turning to drugs.
3. What business in Memphis does Fay's uncle run?
(a) Mr. Bojangles.
(b) Martin-Quick Pharmacy.
(c) Citizen's Bank and Trust.
(d) Shnucks Grocery.
4. Where is Budd Woodmoore stationed?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
(a) He was underutilized by his band.
(b) He was better on trumpet.
(c) He was overrated.
(d) He could have been professional.
6. What does John refuse to do for Fay at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Take her back to his apartment.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Tell her about his son.
(d) Give her a raise.
7. Who is Virginia?
(a) John's sister.
(b) Carl's girlfriend.
(c) Ruth's daughter.
(d) Taft's wife.
8. What do Ruth and John do after meeting in Chapter 6?
(a) Have sex.
(b) Talk about Franklin.
(c) Call Marion.
(d) Get high together.
9. What sport was Carl a star of?
10. Who does John Nickel imagine as he walks through Fay's house?
(a) His brother.
(d) Her father.
11. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
(c) New York.
12. Who does the applicant in Chapter 1 remind John Nickel of?
(a) His father.
(d) Etta James.
13. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
14. In Chapter 5, why does John state he is indebted to Ruth?
(a) She never missed one of his shows.
(b) She convinced Marion to return to Memphis.
(c) She lent him a few hundred dollars.
(d) She stuck by him in the bad days.
15. How old was Ruth when she kissed John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What singer does Cyndi put on in Chapter 3 that annoys John?
2. Where does John tell Ruth to meet him in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Taft admonish Fay about?
4. What does Carl say to John at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Why is John angry at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)