|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ranger in Chapter 4 warn Fay and John not to do before letting them into the battlefield?
(a) Get lost.
(c) Make too much noise.
(d) Vandalize anything.
2. While giving Fay a tour of the bar in Chapter 2, John marvels what about Tennessee?
(a) It is so diverse.
(b) It is so small.
(c) It is so green.
(d) It is so poor.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
(a) Ask Marion to join them.
(b) Buy him a bicycle.
(c) Take some weeks off.
(d) Go back with him to Miami.
4. Who is teaching Fay a new skill at Muddy's in Chapter 5?
5. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
(a) She is a regular at Muddy's.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a alderwoman.
(d) She is Marion's cousin.
6. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
7. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
(a) He could have been professional.
(b) He was better on trumpet.
(c) He was overrated.
(d) He was underutilized by his band.
8. What do the Woodmoores regularly try to convince Marion to do?
(a) Take John back.
(b) Share custody of Franklin with John.
(c) Get her doctorate.
(d) Take some time off.
9. At the Rum Boogie Cafe, John is certain he will have sex with a woman despite what?
(a) She dislikes him.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is sober.
(d) She is white.
10. What did Marion demand in return for moving back in with John?
(a) They get married.
(b) He pay her way through school.
(c) They move out of Memphis.
(d) He give up drumming forever.
11. What is obvious about Carl's disposition in Chapter 2?
(a) He is highly caffeinated.
(b) He is stoned.
(c) He is standoffish.
(d) He is autistic.
12. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
(a) Fay's piano recital.
(b) Carl's wrestling match.
(c) A cousin's wedding.
(d) Victoria's high school reunion.
13. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
(a) It is scorching hot.
(b) It is raining.
(c) A frost is coming.
(d) It is dry and mild.
14. Why does John offer to drive Fay home in Chapter 3?
(a) There is a tornado watch.
(b) Carl hasn't shown.
(c) She is tipsy.
(d) He feels lonely.
15. What promise does John make Marion at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) To behave.
(b) To take up yoga.
(c) To stop calling.
(d) To find them a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business in Memphis does Fay's uncle run?
2. why is Lily annoyed at Carl during the visit in Chapter 6?
3. Who does John decide should handle the bar deposits in Chapter 4?
4. What singer does Cyndi put on in Chapter 3 that annoys John?
5. Why is John angry at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)