|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
(b) Social services.
(d) Their aunt and uncle.
2. When does the battlefield close in Chapter 4?
(b) It is open 24 hours.
(c) 4 p.m.
3. What injury did Tommy Lawson suffer at work?
(a) He turned an ankle.
(b) He lost two fingers.
(c) He developed lupus.
(d) He suffered a concussion.
4. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(b) All the time.
(c) Only during work hours.
(d) Four hours a day.
5. Why is John angry at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Fay hasn't shown up.
(b) Wallace is sick.
(c) Cyndi is drunk.
(d) The broiler is broken.
6. What sport was Carl a star of?
7. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A lumberyard.
(c) A mechanic's shop.
(d) The local high school.
8. Who threatened John when he visited Franklin in the nursery for the first time?
(a) Mr. Woodmoore.
(d) Mrs. Woodmoore.
9. What is Cyndi angling for in Chapter 4?
(a) Getting Fay fired.
(b) A raise.
(c) Time off.
(d) Sex with John.
10. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
(a) When his father died.
(b) When Marion became pregnant.
(c) When he saw his child.
(d) When he nearly died in a car crash.
11. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
(a) They never speak to Marion.
(b) They got over their hatred of him.
(c) They do not own a television.
(d) They still call him James.
12. Which battlefield do Fay and Fay think to visit in Chapter 4?
(b) Cold Harbor.
13. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is unseasonably warm.
(c) It is cool and clear.
(d) It is raining.
14. Which of the following relatives does John not see through the window with Fay in Chapter 6?
(a) Her uncle.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousin.
15. In Chapter 5, When is Marion planning to bring Franklin to Memphis?
(a) At Christmas.
(b) Over spring break.
(c) During summer vacation.
(d) At Thanksgiving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
2. What does John fixate on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Who apologizes to John before he leaves to pick up Fay in Chapter 4?
4. What does John refuse to do for Fay at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Why can Fay only stay a work for a few hours in Chapter 6?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)