|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While giving Fay a tour of the bar in Chapter 2, John marvels what about Tennessee?
(a) It is so green.
(b) It is so diverse.
(c) It is so poor.
(d) It is so small.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
(a) Playing catch.
(d) Fixing a taillight.
3. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
(a) It is unseasonably warm.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is cool and clear.
(d) It is snowing.
4. In Chapter 4, who tells John to pick up Fay?
5. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
(a) He wants her to help him pick out a new suit.
(b) He wants her to see a band with him.
(c) He wants her to fix his sound system.
(d) He wants her to join him for dinner.
6. Why is John angry at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Wallace is sick.
(b) The broiler is broken.
(c) Fay hasn't shown up.
(d) Cyndi is drunk.
7. What do Ruth and John do after meeting in Chapter 6?
(a) Have sex.
(b) Get high together.
(c) Talk about Franklin.
(d) Call Marion.
8. Who apologizes to John before he leaves to pick up Fay in Chapter 4?
9. What rule does John have about drinking?
(a) Never more than one a night.
(c) Never in his own bar.
(d) Never mix.
10. The statue on the battlefield commemorates the dead of which state?
11. Who is Virginia?
(a) John's sister.
(b) Carl's girlfriend.
(c) Ruth's daughter.
(d) Taft's wife.
12. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
(a) Social services.
(d) Their aunt and uncle.
13. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
(a) Check John's bills.
(b) Offer him Hennessee.
(c) Refuse to look him in the eye.
(d) Make John pay in cash.
14. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
(a) She is a alderwoman.
(b) She is a regular at Muddy's.
(c) She is Marion's cousin.
(d) She is a nurse.
15. Which battlefield do Fay and Fay think to visit in Chapter 4?
(a) Cold Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
2. Why does John offer to drive Fay home in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
4. What question does Fay ask John that makes him uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Taft stop working on the deck early in Chapter 5?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)