|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Virginia?
(a) Taft's wife.
(b) Carl's girlfriend.
(c) Ruth's daughter.
(d) John's sister.
2. According to Fay in Chapter 4, what did her mother spend all day doing after Taft's death?
(b) Folding his shirts.
(c) Praying at their family church.
(d) Sitting on the unfinished deck.
3. What does the Taft family do its first day in Memphis?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Have s picnic.
(c) Play baseball.
4. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
(a) By his car.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) All of the above.
(d) In her uncle's house.
5. What is Carl wearing in Chapter 6?
(a) A wife-beater.
(b) His father's suit.
(c) A Titan's jersey.
(d) His wrestling shirt.
6. While giving Fay a tour of the bar in Chapter 2, John marvels what about Tennessee?
(a) It is so poor.
(b) It is so green.
(c) It is so small.
(d) It is so diverse.
7. why is Lily annoyed at Carl during the visit in Chapter 6?
(a) He is high.
(b) He won't eat.
(c) He goes to sleep early.
(d) He curses regularly.
8. What business in Memphis does Fay's uncle run?
(a) Citizen's Bank and Trust.
(b) Martin-Quick Pharmacy.
(c) Mr. Bojangles.
(d) Shnucks Grocery.
9. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is scorching hot.
(c) A frost is coming.
(d) It is dry and mild.
10. In Chapter 5, why does John state he is indebted to Ruth?
(a) She convinced Marion to return to Memphis.
(b) She stuck by him in the bad days.
(c) She never missed one of his shows.
(d) She lent him a few hundred dollars.
11. Who apologizes to John before he leaves to pick up Fay in Chapter 4?
12. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
(d) New York.
13. Where do Taft's in-laws live?
(b) St. Louis.
14. Why does Taft stop working on the deck early in Chapter 5?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) Carl storms off.
(c) He is having chest pains.
(d) Fay needs a ride.
15. Why does John admonish Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) Eddie is not in school.
(b) Eddie has no shoes.
(c) Eddie's father is drunk.
(d) Eddie's father owes john money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, John asks Cyndi if she would be comfortable doing what?
2. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
3. How old was Ruth when she kissed John?
4. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
5. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)