|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before leaving the Woodmoore's, what does John invite Ruth to do?
(a) Come to Muddy's.
(b) Come with him to Miami.
(c) See a show.
(d) See a movie.
2. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) He may have a gun.
(b) She isn't listening.
(c) He is too hung over.
(d) He is running late for an appointment.
3. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
(a) It is scorching hot.
(b) It is raining.
(c) A frost is coming.
(d) It is dry and mild.
4. Why does John feel awful in the morning of Chapter 2?
(a) He is getting a cold.
(b) He fell asleep in a chair.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He did not sleep.
5. Where do Fay and John eventually find Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) The doorway of Muddy's.
(b) A methadone clinic.
(c) The woods behind Fay's house.
(d) Out front of Fay's house.
6. In Chapter 1, what does John Nickel say he will probably never do again?
(a) Sleep with a woman.
(b) Leave Memphis.
(c) Do heroin.
(d) Drum professionally.
7. In Chapter 6, how does Taft feel about visiting his in-laws?
(a) He looks forward to it.
(b) He dislikes it.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) He is the only one willing to do it.
8. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore say about Marion?
(a) She never calls anymore.
(b) She is pregnant again.
(c) She is developing an alcohol problem.
(d) She is unhappy.
9. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
(a) He was underutilized by his band.
(b) He was better on trumpet.
(c) He was overrated.
(d) He could have been professional.
10. How old was Ruth when she kissed John?
11. Why can Fay only stay a work for a few hours in Chapter 6?
(a) It is her uncle's birthday.
(b) She is feeling faint.
(c) Carl is in the hospital.
(d) A tornado is coming.
12. In Chapter 1, what is John doing to fend off depression?
(a) Drinking heavily.
(b) Going to movies.
(c) Buys a dog.
(d) Working long hours.
13. At the end of Chapter 4, John imagines Car and Taft doing what?
(a) Fixing a taillight.
(c) Playing catch.
14. Which direction out of Memphis does John drive with Fay in Chapter 4?
15. What does John always bring with him to dinner with the Woodmoores?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A pecan pie.
(c) A copy of the newspaper.
(d) A box of cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battlefield do Fay and Fay think to visit in Chapter 4?
2. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
3. In Chapter 3, John notices that Carl does not have what?
4. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
5. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)