|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does John make Marion at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) To stop calling.
(b) To behave.
(c) To take up yoga.
(d) To find them a hotel.
2. Who does John decide should handle the bar deposits in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
4. When did John leave Marion?
(a) When she was in nursing school.
(b) When she wanted to get married.
(c) When she started doing cocaine.
(d) When she became preganant.
5. What task in the bar does John worry about delegating in Chapter 3?
(a) The nightly deposit.
(c) Locking up the bar.
(d) Refilling the kegs.
6. Why does John admonish Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) Eddie is not in school.
(b) Eddie's father is drunk.
(c) Eddie has no shoes.
(d) Eddie's father owes john money.
7. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. How old was Marion when she met John?
9. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
(a) It is dry and mild.
(b) A frost is coming.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is scorching hot.
10. What was Fay's mother's occupation before her husband's death?
11. In Chapter 5, When is Marion planning to bring Franklin to Memphis?
(a) Over spring break.
(b) During summer vacation.
(c) At Christmas.
(d) At Thanksgiving.
12. What do the Woodmoores regularly try to convince Marion to do?
(a) Take John back.
(b) Get her doctorate.
(c) Take some time off.
(d) Share custody of Franklin with John.
13. Who is Virginia?
(a) Taft's wife.
(b) Carl's girlfriend.
(c) John's sister.
(d) Ruth's daughter.
14. In Chapter 1, what does John Nickel say he will probably never do again?
(a) Do heroin.
(b) Sleep with a woman.
(c) Drum professionally.
(d) Leave Memphis.
15. Why does John offer to drive Fay home in Chapter 3?
(a) Carl hasn't shown.
(b) She is tipsy.
(c) He feels lonely.
(d) There is a tornado watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
2. Before leaving the Woodmoore's, what does John invite Ruth to do?
3. Which of the following relatives does John not see through the window with Fay in Chapter 6?
4. What is Cyndi angling for in Chapter 4?
5. Why is John uncomfortable in Fay's neighborhood?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)