Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury did Tommy Lawson suffer at work?
(a) He lost two fingers.
(b) He developed lupus.
(c) He turned an ankle.
(d) He suffered a concussion.
2. What does John always bring with him to dinner with the Woodmoores?
(a) A box of cigarettes.
(b) A pecan pie.
(c) A copy of the newspaper.
(d) A bottle of wine.
3. While giving Fay a tour of the bar in Chapter 2, John marvels what about Tennessee?
(a) It is so small.
(b) It is so green.
(c) It is so diverse.
(d) It is so poor.
4. What makes Taft uncomfortable about Memphis in Chapter 6?
(a) The black people.
(b) The scantily clad women.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The number of bars.
5. How old was Marion when she met John?
6. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
(a) Victoria's high school reunion.
(b) A cousin's wedding.
(c) Fay's piano recital.
(d) Carl's wrestling match.
7. Which direction out of Memphis does John drive with Fay in Chapter 4?
8. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
(c) Their aunt and uncle.
(d) Social services.
9. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
(a) It is cool and clear.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is unseasonably warm.
10. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) She isn't listening.
(b) He may have a gun.
(c) He is running late for an appointment.
(d) He is too hung over.
11. According to Fay in Chapter 4, what did her mother spend all day doing after Taft's death?
(a) Praying at their family church.
(c) Sitting on the unfinished deck.
(d) Folding his shirts.
12. In Chapter 6, how does Taft feel about visiting his in-laws?
(a) He dislikes it.
(b) He is the only one willing to do it.
(c) He looks forward to it.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
13. When did John leave Marion?
(a) When she became preganant.
(b) When she started doing cocaine.
(c) When she wanted to get married.
(d) When she was in nursing school.
14. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a regular at Muddy's.
(c) She is a alderwoman.
(d) She is Marion's cousin.
15. What is Carl wearing in Chapter 6?
(a) His father's suit.
(b) A Titan's jersey.
(c) A wife-beater.
(d) His wrestling shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Rum Boogie Cafe, John is certain he will have sex with a woman despite what?
2. What does Taft feel his in-laws use against him?
3. What does the ranger in Chapter 4 warn Fay and John not to do before letting them into the battlefield?
4. The statue on the battlefield commemorates the dead of which state?
5. Where is Budd Woodmoore stationed?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)