|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(a) All the time.
(b) Four hours a day.
(c) Only during work hours.
2. Before leaving the Woodmoore's, what does John invite Ruth to do?
(a) See a show.
(b) See a movie.
(c) Come to Muddy's.
(d) Come with him to Miami.
3. What does the ranger in Chapter 4 warn Fay and John not to do before letting them into the battlefield?
(a) Vandalize anything.
(b) Get lost.
(c) Make too much noise.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
(a) He could have been professional.
(b) He was better on trumpet.
(c) He was underutilized by his band.
(d) He was overrated.
5. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
(a) Bussing tables.
(b) Balancing the books.
(c) Watching the door.
(d) Booking bands.
6. How old was Marion when she met John?
7. What does the Taft family do its first day in Memphis?
(a) Have s picnic.
(b) Play baseball.
(c) Go to church.
8. What does Carl say to John at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He is unintelligible.
(b) He asks for a job.
(c) He tells him to stay away from Fay.
(d) He apologizes.
9. Who threatened John when he visited Franklin in the nursery for the first time?
(b) Mrs. Woodmoore.
(c) Mr. Woodmoore.
10. When does the battlefield close in Chapter 4?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) It is open 24 hours.
11. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
(a) In her uncle's house.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) By his car.
(d) All of the above.
12. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
(a) He wants her to fix his sound system.
(b) He wants her to help him pick out a new suit.
(c) He wants her to see a band with him.
(d) He wants her to join him for dinner.
13. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
(a) A frost is coming.
(b) It is scorching hot.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is dry and mild.
14. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) He may have a gun.
(b) She isn't listening.
(c) He is too hung over.
(d) He is running late for an appointment.
15. At the Rum Boogie Cafe, John is certain he will have sex with a woman despite what?
(a) She is sober.
(b) She is white.
(c) She is married.
(d) She dislikes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is John uncomfortable in Fay's neighborhood?
2. What do the Woodmoores regularly try to convince Marion to do?
3. Who apologizes to John before he leaves to pick up Fay in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Taft fear regarding his in-laws and his children?
5. Who is teaching Fay a new skill at Muddy's in Chapter 5?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)