|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
(a) They got over their hatred of him.
(b) They do not own a television.
(c) They still call him James.
(d) They never speak to Marion.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore say about Marion?
(a) She is developing an alcohol problem.
(b) She is unhappy.
(c) She is pregnant again.
(d) She never calls anymore.
3. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
(b) New York.
4. What do Ruth and John do after meeting in Chapter 6?
(a) Call Marion.
(b) Talk about Franklin.
(c) Have sex.
(d) Get high together.
5. What does John fixate on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Franklin's voice.
(b) Carl almost dying.
(c) Cyndi's dancing.
(d) Fay touching his neck.
6. Who is teaching Fay a new skill at Muddy's in Chapter 5?
7. Where do Fay and John eventually find Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) A methadone clinic.
(b) The doorway of Muddy's.
(c) Out front of Fay's house.
(d) The woods behind Fay's house.
8. Where do Taft's in-laws live?
(d) St. Louis.
9. Who threatened John when he visited Franklin in the nursery for the first time?
(a) Mr. Woodmoore.
(b) Mrs. Woodmoore.
10. What rule does John have about drinking?
(a) Never in his own bar.
(c) Never more than one a night.
(d) Never mix.
11. Who does John decide should handle the bar deposits in Chapter 4?
12. Why does John admonish Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) Eddie has no shoes.
(b) Eddie's father owes john money.
(c) Eddie is not in school.
(d) Eddie's father is drunk.
13. In Chapter 5, what does Taft admonish Fay about?
(a) Almost failing a test.
(b) Eating too much.
(d) Staying out late.
14. Who does John Nickel imagine as he walks through Fay's house?
(b) His brother.
(d) Her father.
15. Why does John feel awful in the morning of Chapter 2?
(a) He is getting a cold.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He fell asleep in a chair.
(d) He did not sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is John doing to fend off depression?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
3. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
4. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
5. What question does Fay ask John that makes him uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)