|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
(c) New York.
2. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(a) Only during work hours.
(b) All the time.
(c) Four hours a day.
3. What do John and Fay look at immediately upon entering the battlefield in Chapter 4?
(a) The highest hill.
(b) The woods.
(d) A statue.
4. What is Carl wearing in Chapter 6?
(a) His wrestling shirt.
(b) A wife-beater.
(c) A Titan's jersey.
(d) His father's suit.
5. How old does Fay admit to being in Chapter 6?
(a) Almost 18.
(b) Almost 22.
(c) Almost 16.
(d) Almost 20.
6. In Chapter 3, John notices that Carl does not have what?
(a) A drug of choice.
(b) A favorite football team.
(c) His own car.
(d) All of his fingers.
7. How old was Marion when she met John?
8. In Chapter 5, what does Fay say she would have named her son?
9. What is obvious about Carl's disposition in Chapter 2?
(a) He is autistic.
(b) He is highly caffeinated.
(c) He is stoned.
(d) He is standoffish.
10. What does Taft feel his in-laws use against him?
(a) Their worldliness.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their faith.
(d) Their happy marriage.
11. why is Lily annoyed at Carl during the visit in Chapter 6?
(a) He curses regularly.
(b) He is high.
(c) He goes to sleep early.
(d) He won't eat.
12. What does John fixate on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Fay touching his neck.
(b) Carl almost dying.
(c) Franklin's voice.
(d) Cyndi's dancing.
13. Which of the following is a location John and Fay check for Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(b) A pool hall.
(c) The emergency room.
(d) The bus depot.
14. Why is John uncomfortable in Fay's neighborhood?
(a) It is affluent and white.
(b) It is in a dry county.
(c) It is known for gang violence.
(d) It is outside of town.
15. What sport was Carl a star of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which direction out of Memphis does John drive with Fay in Chapter 4?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
3. In Chapter 4, John asks Cyndi if she would be comfortable doing what?
4. In Chapter 5, why does John state he is indebted to Ruth?
5. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)