|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John assure Ruth of regarding Marion in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) She will never leave Miami.
(b) She doesn't want Franklin anymore.
(c) He does not want her back.
(d) She is a good mother.
2. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
(a) They do not own a television.
(b) They never speak to Marion.
(c) They got over their hatred of him.
(d) They still call him James.
3. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
(a) Taking back John.
(b) Leaving Franklin with them.
(c) Staying another week.
(d) Giving up nursing.
4. In Chapter 7, why does Fay want John to apologize to her?
(a) For leaving her.
(b) For yelling at Carl.
(c) For kissing her.
(d) For hiring another waitress.
5. In Chapter 5, why does John state he is indebted to Ruth?
(a) She lent him a few hundred dollars.
(b) She convinced Marion to return to Memphis.
(c) She never missed one of his shows.
(d) She stuck by him in the bad days.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
2. Why is Carl not with Taft when he dies in Chapter 12?
3. How old was Marion when she met John?
4. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
5. In Chapter 10, how does Taft decide Carl will pay off the damage to the car?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)