|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Carl work after his father's death?
(a) A gas station.
(b) The local high school.
(c) A lumberyard.
(d) A mechanic's shop.
2. What does John fixate on at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Cyndi's dancing.
(b) Carl almost dying.
(c) Franklin's voice.
(d) Fay touching his neck.
3. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is Marion's cousin.
(c) She is a regular at Muddy's.
(d) She is a alderwoman.
4. Which of the following relatives does John not see through the window with Fay in Chapter 6?
(a) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
5. What is Rose's job at Muddy's?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
2. Before leaving the Woodmoore's, what does John invite Ruth to do?
3. Why does John offer to drive Fay home in Chapter 3?
4. Why can John not sleep in his bed in Chapter 7?
5. Where does John tell Ruth to meet him in Chapter 6?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)