|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what still amazes John about the Woodmoores?
(a) They do not own a television.
(b) They still call him James.
(c) They never speak to Marion.
(d) They got over their hatred of him.
2. What does John decide was an pivotal event for Fay and Carl?
(a) The father losing his job.
(b) Their father's death.
(c) Moving to Memphis.
(d) Carl's turning to drugs.
3. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
(a) Make John pay in cash.
(b) Check John's bills.
(c) Refuse to look him in the eye.
(d) Offer him Hennessee.
4. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) He may have a gun.
(b) She isn't listening.
(c) He is too hung over.
(d) He is running late for an appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John admonish Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
2. How does Ruth treat Fay in Chapter 6?
3. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What is Carl doing for the first time in the Taft section of Chapter 8?
5. At the Rum Boogie Cafe, John is certain he will have sex with a woman despite what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)