|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John decide should handle the bar deposits in Chapter 4?
2. What does Carl say to John at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He asks for a job.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He tells him to stay away from Fay.
(d) He is unintelligible.
3. Why does Taft stop working on the deck early in Chapter 5?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) He is having chest pains.
(c) Fay needs a ride.
(d) Carl storms off.
4. Where does Levon work as a night security guard?
(a) A lumberyard.
(b) An airstrip.
(c) A mall.
(d) An impound lot.
5. Where does John tell Ruth to meet him in Chapter 6?
(a) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(b) His apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Fay ask John that makes him uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
2. What does Taft feel his in-laws use against him?
3. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
4. What do Ruth and John do after meeting in Chapter 6?
5. What does John refuse to do for Fay at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)