|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John feel awful in the morning of Chapter 2?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He is getting a cold.
(c) He did not sleep.
(d) He fell asleep in a chair.
2. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
(a) He wants her to fix his sound system.
(b) He wants her to help him pick out a new suit.
(c) He wants her to see a band with him.
(d) He wants her to join him for dinner.
3. What does John notice about Carl as he leaves the bar in Chapter 2?
(a) He always walks behind Fay.
(b) He can barely walk.
(c) He is skipping.
(d) He walks very straight and fast.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Mr. Woodmoore say about Marion?
(a) She never calls anymore.
(b) She is unhappy.
(c) She is developing an alcohol problem.
(d) She is pregnant again.
5. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is unseasonably warm.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is cool and clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
2. Where do Taft's in-laws live?
3. Who does John decide should handle the bar deposits in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Taft stop working on the deck early in Chapter 5?
5. What promise does John make Marion at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)