|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl do while he is at the bar in Chapter 3?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Play the jukebox.
(d) Help with tables.
2. What is John's concern regarding his applicant in Chapter 1?
(a) They have a foreign accent.
(b) They have a criminal record.
(c) They cannot provide a proof of citizenship.
(d) They seem too young.
3. What is Mr. Woodmoore's career?
(b) Automotive engineer.
(c) Tugboat captain.
4. Before leaving the Woodmoore's, what does John invite Ruth to do?
(a) See a movie.
(b) Come to Muddy's.
(c) See a show.
(d) Come with him to Miami.
5. Where does Levon work as a night security guard?
(a) A mall.
(b) An airstrip.
(c) An impound lot.
(d) A lumberyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Taft stop working on the deck early in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
3. What does Carl thank John for at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What question does Fay ask John that makes him uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
5. Who gets standoffish with John near the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)