|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fay kiss John in Chapter 6?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) All of the above.
(c) In her uncle's house.
(d) By his car.
2. Who is Virginia?
(a) Carl's girlfriend.
(b) John's sister.
(c) Taft's wife.
(d) Ruth's daughter.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
(a) Take some weeks off.
(b) Buy him a bicycle.
(c) Ask Marion to join them.
(d) Go back with him to Miami.
4. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
(a) Check John's bills.
(b) Offer him Hennessee.
(c) Refuse to look him in the eye.
(d) Make John pay in cash.
5. In Chapter 5, Ruth has just moved back to Memphis from where?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Taft feel about visiting his in-laws?
2. Why does John admonish Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
3. What does John always bring with him to dinner with the Woodmoores?
4. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
5. How old was Ruth when she kissed John?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)