|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fay in Chapter 4, what did her mother spend all day doing after Taft's death?
(a) Praying at their family church.
(b) Folding his shirts.
(d) Sitting on the unfinished deck.
2. Which battlefield do Fay and Fay think to visit in Chapter 4?
(b) Cold Harbor.
3. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
(a) Victoria's high school reunion.
(b) Carl's wrestling match.
(c) Fay's piano recital.
(d) A cousin's wedding.
4. What rule does John have about drinking?
(a) Never more than one a night.
(b) Never mix.
(c) Never in his own bar.
5. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
(a) Their aunt and uncle.
(c) Social services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does John make Marion at the end of Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Taft fear regarding his in-laws and his children?
3. How is the weather when John arrives at the Woodmoore house in Chapter 5?
4. When does the battlefield close in Chapter 4?
5. The statue on the battlefield commemorates the dead of which state?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)