|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
(a) Watching the door.
(b) Booking bands.
(c) Balancing the books.
(d) Bussing tables.
2. Which of the following is a location John and Fay check for Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) The emergency room.
(b) Rum Boogie Cafe.
(c) A pool hall.
(d) The bus depot.
3. Who does the applicant in Chapter 1 remind John Nickel of?
(a) His father.
(c) Etta James.
4. Where do Fay and John eventually find Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) The doorway of Muddy's.
(b) Out front of Fay's house.
(c) A methadone clinic.
(d) The woods behind Fay's house.
5. Why does John offer to drive Fay home in Chapter 3?
(a) She is tipsy.
(b) There is a tornado watch.
(c) Carl hasn't shown.
(d) He feels lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
2. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
3. Why does John admonish Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
4. Whom does John speak to on the phone in Chapter 2?
5. While giving Fay a tour of the bar in Chapter 2, John marvels what about Tennessee?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)