|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did John and Marion see each other after reuniting?
(b) All the time.
(c) Four hours a day.
(d) Only during work hours.
2. In Chapter 1, what does John Nickel say he will probably never do again?
(a) Leave Memphis.
(b) Drum professionally.
(c) Do heroin.
(d) Sleep with a woman.
3. What is John's concern regarding his applicant in Chapter 1?
(a) They cannot provide a proof of citizenship.
(b) They have a foreign accent.
(c) They have a criminal record.
(d) They seem too young.
4. How is Franklin hurt at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) He scrapes his knee.
(b) He sprains his ankle.
(c) He fall off a ledge.
(d) He cuts his face.
5. What does Carl do while he is at the bar in Chapter 3?
(a) Help with tables.
(b) Read a book.
(c) Play the jukebox.
(d) Watch TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the applicant in Chapter 1 remind John Nickel of?
2. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
3. What does John refuse to do for Fay at the end of Chapter 3?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
5. What task in the bar does John worry about delegating in Chapter 3?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)