|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John Nickel imagine as he walks through Fay's house?
(a) His brother.
(c) Her father.
2. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What does John refuse to do for Fay at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Give her a raise.
(b) Tell her about his son.
(c) Take her back to his apartment.
(d) Kiss her.
4. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
(a) Watching the door.
(b) Balancing the books.
(c) Booking bands.
(d) Bussing tables.
5. Why does John admonish Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) Eddie has no shoes.
(b) Eddie's father owes john money.
(c) Eddie's father is drunk.
(d) Eddie is not in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
2. What is Rose's job at Muddy's?
3. At the Rum Boogie Cafe, John is certain he will have sex with a woman despite what?
4. What is John's concern regarding his applicant in Chapter 1?
5. What did Marion demand in return for moving back in with John?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)