|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's concern regarding his applicant in Chapter 1?
(a) They cannot provide a proof of citizenship.
(b) They have a criminal record.
(c) They have a foreign accent.
(d) They seem too young.
2. What does John refuse to do for Fay at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Give her a raise.
(b) Take her back to his apartment.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Tell her about his son.
3. Why is John uncomfortable in Fay's neighborhood?
(a) It is in a dry county.
(b) It is known for gang violence.
(c) It is affluent and white.
(d) It is outside of town.
4. Who does the applicant in Chapter 1 remind John Nickel of?
(b) His father.
(c) Etta James.
5. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
(a) Refuse to look him in the eye.
(b) Check John's bills.
(c) Offer him Hennessee.
(d) Make John pay in cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John leave Marion?
2. What is Rose's job at Muddy's?
3. What did Marion demand in return for moving back in with John?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
5. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)