|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John feel awful in the morning of Chapter 2?
(a) He is getting a cold.
(b) He fell asleep in a chair.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He did not sleep.
2. How does John know the woman at Rum Boogie Cafe?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a regular at Muddy's.
(c) She is a alderwoman.
(d) She is Marion's cousin.
3. In Chapter 1, what is John doing to fend off depression?
(a) Drinking heavily.
(b) Working long hours.
(c) Going to movies.
(d) Buys a dog.
4. Who does the applicant in Chapter 1 remind John Nickel of?
(a) Etta James.
(b) His father.
5. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
(a) When he nearly died in a car crash.
(b) When Marion became pregnant.
(c) When he saw his child.
(d) When his father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is obvious about Carl's disposition in Chapter 2?
2. Whom does John speak to on the phone in Chapter 2?
3. At the Rum Boogie Cafe, John is certain he will have sex with a woman despite what?
4. Why does John admonish Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
5. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)