|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What does John say that enrages Ruth in Chapter 7?
(a) He should not have called her.
(b) She needs to lose weight.
(c) He wants to see Marion.
(d) He is leaving Memphis.
3. How old was Ruth when she kissed John?
4. What is Carl's excuse for the cocaine in Chapter 9?
(a) He was holding it for someone else.
(b) The cop planted it on him.
(c) He was using it himself.
(d) He was delivering it.
5. Who does the officer in the jail insist must bail out Carl in Chapter 9?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving the Woodmoore's, what does John invite Ruth to do?
2. At the Rum Boogie Cafe, John is certain he will have sex with a woman despite what?
3. In Chapter 1, what does John Nickel say he will probably never do again?
4. Why, according to the mechanic in Chapter 10, will the car insurance only pay a few hundred?
5. Where does Carl call Muddy's from in Chapter 9?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)