|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Taft's in-laws live?
(d) St. Louis.
2. What is Ruth doing when John wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Doing her nails.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Making breakfast.
3. Why does John give up admonishing Eddie's father in Chapter 2?
(a) She isn't listening.
(b) He may have a gun.
(c) He is too hung over.
(d) He is running late for an appointment.
4. At the Rum Boogie Cafe, John is certain he will have sex with a woman despite what?
(a) She is white.
(b) She dislikes him.
(c) She is sober.
(d) She is married.
5. How does Ruth treat Fay in Chapter 6?
(a) She ribs her.
(b) She commiserates with her.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She asks her about her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Taft feel about visiting his in-laws?
2. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
3. What does Franklin ask to do at the end of Chapter 7?
4. Why does John offer to drive Fay home in Chapter 3?
5. What does Taft feel his in-laws use against him?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)