|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John notice about Carl as he leaves the bar in Chapter 2?
(a) He always walks behind Fay.
(b) He is skipping.
(c) He walks very straight and fast.
(d) He can barely walk.
2. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
(a) He wants her to help him pick out a new suit.
(b) He wants her to fix his sound system.
(c) He wants her to see a band with him.
(d) He wants her to join him for dinner.
3. With whom are Carl and Fay living in Memphis?
(a) Social services.
(b) Their aunt and uncle.
4. Where do Marion and Franklin first meet John in Chapter 7?
(b) A baseball game.
(c) The Woodmoores'.
(d) John's apartment.
5. Why can Fay only stay a work for a few hours in Chapter 6?
(a) A tornado is coming.
(b) It is her uncle's birthday.
(c) Carl is in the hospital.
(d) She is feeling faint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Fay admit to being in Chapter 6?
2. Where do Fay and John eventually find Carl in Chapter 3?
3. What is Rose's job at Muddy's?
4. Who does John Nickel imagine as he walks through Fay's house?
5. What vaguely racist thing does the bartender at Rum Boogie Cafe do in Chapter 2?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)