|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Fay and John eventually find Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) A methadone clinic.
(b) The woods behind Fay's house.
(c) Out front of Fay's house.
(d) The doorway of Muddy's.
2. What does Ruth demand immediately up entering Muddy's in Chapter 9?
(a) A ride home.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A drink.
3. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
(a) He wants her to join him for dinner.
(b) He wants her to see a band with him.
(c) He wants her to fix his sound system.
(d) He wants her to help him pick out a new suit.
4. What does Taft wish would happen during the match at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The ref would call the match.
(b) The other kid would tap out.
(c) The clock would run down.
(d) Carl would get a second shot.
5. What is special about the day Chapter 9 takes place on?
(a) It is Franklin's birthday.
(b) It is Fay's birthday.
(c) It is Elvis's birthday.
(d) It is John's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Taft uncomfortable about Memphis in Chapter 6?
2. What does John refuse to do for Fay at the end of Chapter 3?
3. How does John say he knows Carl at the jail in Chapter 9?
4. Who does John Nickel imagine as he walks through Fay's house?
5. In Chapter 3, John notices that Carl does not have what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)