|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taft feel his in-laws use against him?
(a) Their faith.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their happy marriage.
(d) Their worldliness.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does John decide he will do if Franklin wants to visit?
(a) Go back with him to Miami.
(b) Buy him a bicycle.
(c) Ask Marion to join them.
(d) Take some weeks off.
3. Why is John angry at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Fay hasn't shown up.
(b) Wallace is sick.
(c) The broiler is broken.
(d) Cyndi is drunk.
4. How old does Fay admit to being in Chapter 6?
(a) Almost 22.
(b) Almost 20.
(c) Almost 18.
(d) Almost 16.
5. How is the weather in Chapter 6?
(a) A frost is coming.
(b) It is scorching hot.
(c) It is dry and mild.
(d) It is raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does John state he is indebted to Ruth?
2. According to Ruth, what are the Woodmoores trying to convince Marion of in Chapter 9?
3. What is the primary reason for the Tafts' visit to Memphis in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Carl call Muddy's from in Chapter 9?
5. What does Carl do while he is at the bar in Chapter 3?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)