|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ruth treat Fay in Chapter 6?
(a) She ribs her.
(b) She asks her about her brother.
(c) She commiserates with her.
(d) She ignores her.
2. Where do Fay and John eventually find Carl in Chapter 3?
(a) The woods behind Fay's house.
(b) A methadone clinic.
(c) Out front of Fay's house.
(d) The doorway of Muddy's.
3. In Chapter 6, what does Ruth insist about John's drumming?
(a) He was underutilized by his band.
(b) He was overrated.
(c) He was better on trumpet.
(d) He could have been professional.
4. What business in Memphis does Fay's uncle run?
(a) Citizen's Bank and Trust.
(b) Martin-Quick Pharmacy.
(c) Shnucks Grocery.
(d) Mr. Bojangles.
5. In Chapter 3, John notices that Carl does not have what?
(a) A drug of choice.
(b) A favorite football team.
(c) His own car.
(d) All of his fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. why is Lily annoyed at Carl during the visit in Chapter 6?
2. Why can Fay only stay a work for a few hours in Chapter 6?
3. While Cyndi is drunk in Chapter 3, she talks about her time where?
4. What is Carl wearing in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 6, what does John tell the Woodmoores about his interest in Ruth?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)