1. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What is John's concern regarding his applicant in Chapter 1?
(a) They have a criminal record.
(b) They seem too young.
(c) They have a foreign accent.
(d) They cannot provide a proof of citizenship.
3. Who does the applicant in Chapter 1 remind John Nickel of?
(a) Etta James.
(b) His father.
4. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
(a) Bussing tables.
(b) Watching the door.
(c) Balancing the books.
(d) Booking bands.
5. In Chapter 1, what does John Nickel say he will probably never do again?
(a) Drum professionally.
(b) Do heroin.
(c) Sleep with a woman.
(d) Leave Memphis.
6. How old was Marion when she met John?
7. When did John leave Marion?
(a) When she was in nursing school.
(b) When she became preganant.
(c) When she started doing cocaine.
(d) When she wanted to get married.
8. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
(a) When he nearly died in a car crash.
(b) When Marion became pregnant.
(c) When his father died.
(d) When he saw his child.
This section contains 4,123 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)