1. Who approaches John Nickel about a job at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What is John's concern regarding his applicant in Chapter 1?
(a) They cannot provide a proof of citizenship.
(b) They have a criminal record.
(c) They have a foreign accent.
(d) They seem too young.
3. Who does the applicant in Chapter 1 remind John Nickel of?
(a) His father.
(b) Etta James.
4. What was John's job at Muddy's when he started there?
(a) Balancing the books.
(b) Watching the door.
(c) Bussing tables.
(d) Booking bands.
5. In Chapter 1, what does John Nickel say he will probably never do again?
(a) Do heroin.
(b) Sleep with a woman.
(c) Leave Memphis.
(d) Drum professionally.
6. How old was Marion when she met John?
7. When did John leave Marion?
(a) When she became preganant.
(b) When she wanted to get married.
(c) When she started doing cocaine.
(d) When she was in nursing school.
8. When did John decide he wanted Marion back?
(a) When he nearly died in a car crash.
(b) When his father died.
(c) When he saw his child.
(d) When Marion became pregnant.
This section contains 4,123 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)