* John hires Fay Taft.
* John recalls trying to reunite with Marion after Franklin was born.
* Marion tells John that Franklin was hurt.
* John sleeps with a woman at another bar in town.
* John speaks to Franklin on the phone.
* Fay introduces John to her stoned brother Carl.
* Carl begins helping around the bar.
* John and Fay search for Carl all night, finding him in the street nearly dead.
* John asks Cyndi if she could manage the bar in his absence.
* John and Fay go to Shiloh.
* Fay discusses her family's degeneration after her father's death.
* Carl antagonizes John.
* John imagines Carl hunting with Taft.
* John has dinner with Marion's parents and Ruth.
* Taft worries about his children as he works two jobs.
* Taft begins having chest pains.
* John asks Wallace to handle the bar deposits.
* Marion asks John if she and Franklin can...
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)