• John hires Fay Taft.
• John recalls trying to reunite with Marion after Franklin was born.
• Marion tells John that Franklin was hurt.
• John sleeps with a woman at another bar in town.
• John speaks to Franklin on the phone.
• Fay introduces John to her stoned brother Carl.
• Carl begins helping around the bar.
• John and Fay search for Carl all night, finding him in the street nearly dead.
• John asks Cyndi if she could manage the bar in his absence.
• John and Fay go to Shiloh.
• Fay discusses her family's degeneration after her father's death.
• Carl antagonizes John.
• John imagines Carl hunting with Taft.
• John has dinner with Marion's parents and Ruth.
• Taft worries about his children as he works two jobs.
• Taft begins having chest pains.
• John asks Wallace to handle the bar deposits.
• Marion asks John if she and Franklin can...
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)