Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Agathon, who can love capture?
2. Who does Socrates refer to as an example of a remembered writer?
3. Where does Diotima think that Love sleeps?
4. How does Agathon compare love with other desires?
5. How does Diotima think a young person should interact with beautiful minds?
Analyze the two types of love that Pausanias describes in his speech. What are their characteristics, the way they are both applied, and what Pausanias thinks the origin of love is. Also, describe the examples that Pausanias provides to support his theory.
Analyze the entire Socrates-Agathon-Alcibiades escapade that occurs at the end of the story by including the following:
1) Explain the past events of Socrates and Alcibiades, including the effect Socrates has on Alcibiades, the failed advances that Alcibiades makes, and the descriptions he gives about Socrates.
2) Summarize the intentions and main ideas of Alcibiades' speech and the accusation he makes against Socrates.
3) Describe Socrates' response to Alcibiades, the way he exposes his plan, and the actions of both Socrates and Agathon after the speech is finished.
Analyze the questions that Socrates asks Agathon at the beginning of his speech. Include the point of the questions, the logic that Socrates uses, Agathon's responses, and Socrates' purpose for asking them.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)