|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Agathon, who can love capture?
2. Who does Socrates refer to as an example of a remembered writer?
3. Where does Diotima think that Love sleeps?
(a) In a bed.
(b) On a cloud.
(c) On the rocks and hills.
(d) In the streets and fields.
4. How does Agathon compare love with other desires?
(a) It is one of the weakest desires.
(b) It is the weakest desire.
(c) It is the strongest desire.
(d) It is one of the strongest desires.
5. How does Diotima think a young person should interact with beautiful minds?
(a) Exchange knowledge and ideas with them.
(b) Neither gain knowledge nor give ideas to them.
(c) Only gain knowledge from them.
(d) Only give ideas to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in Diotima's list of things that spirits help with?
2. What does Diotima tell Socrates about Love's function?
3. Besides having a child with a woman, how does Socrates think that some men express their "pregnancy"?
4. What does Diotima compare Love to in explaining its features?
5. Why does Diotima think Love is not a god?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)