|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the Platonic Dialogues?
(a) The conversations between Socrates and friends.
(b) The mentoring of other philosophers by Socrates.
(c) The conversations between Socrates and strangers.
(d) The mentoring of young minds by Socrates.
2. In Socrates' speech, how does he describe someone who searches for wisdom?
(a) In between wise and ignorant.
(d) Neither wise nor ignorant.
3. What does Alcibiades assure Socrates of before he begins speaking?
(a) That he will add to the truth to make Socrates look better.
(b) That he will speak only the truth.
(c) That he will not speak the truth.
(d) That he does not remember the truth.
4. According to Agathon, who can love capture?
5. How does Agathon compare love with other desires?
(a) It is one of the weakest desires.
(b) It is the strongest desire.
(c) It is one of the strongest desires.
(d) It is the weakest desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates think about the speeches he has just heard?
2. Where is Diotima, Socrates' teacher, from?
3. Which one of the following is not included in the things Agathon thinks are associated with love?
4. Who does Socrates refer to as an example of a remembered writer?
5. According to Alcibiades, what tactic does not work with Socrates?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)