|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Diotima think that Love sleeps?
(a) In a bed.
(b) On the rocks and hills.
(c) On a cloud.
(d) In the streets and fields.
2. In what military campaign do Socrates and Alcibiades participate?
3. In Diotima's opinion, who is Love's father?
4. What reason does Socrates give for why people fight in wars?
(a) They believe in the causes they fight for.
(b) They think their names will live on.
(c) They are really fighting a war within themselves.
(d) They consider the enemy to be evil.
5. Which one of the following is not included in the things Agathon thinks are associated with love?
(b) Summer rainfall.
(c) Bloom of youth.
(d) Blossoming of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Socrates' speech, how does he describe someone who searches for wisdom?
2. For what does Socrates give Agathon credit?
3. What phrase does Socrates use to refer to the practice of learning?
4. As Agathon explains, where does love bring people together?
5. What does Diotima compare Love to in explaining its features?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)