|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what military campaign do Socrates and Alcibiades participate?
2. According to Diotima, how many people does a young person eventually become attracted to?
3. According to Socrates, what is the lover directed towards?
(a) What he or she does not have.
(b) What he or she will never understand.
(c) What he or she does not understand.
(d) What he or she already has.
4. Who does Alcibiades request to listen to the story of his extreme actions with Socrates?
(b) Only people who understand philosophy.
(c) Only people who do not understand philosophy.
(d) No one.
5. In Diotima's opinion, what is the confusing point of Love?
(a) It is what the lover cannot feel.
(b) It is what the lover might or might not feel.
(c) It is what the lover feels.
(d) It is what the lover should not feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Socrates caused Alcibiades to realize?
2. What part of Agathon's speech does Socrates compliment?
3. Whose permission does Socrates seek before asking Agathon questions?
4. Why does Diotima think Love is not a god?
5. How does Homer describe love's feet in the passage quoted by Agathon?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)