|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, line 190a to 196a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does astronomy inform people of, according to Eryximachus?
(a) Which sacrifices to make.
(b) The best ways to make sacrifices.
(c) Why to make sacrifices.
(d) When to make sacrifices.
2. Who firsts requests drinking in moderation at the party?
3. What is Eryximachus' suggestion for the flute-girl?
(a) That she play for herself or the women.
(b) That she stop playing only when Socrates speaks.
(c) That she continue to play as the guests speak.
(d) That she stop playing.
4. Why do humans walk upright, according to Aristophanes?
(a) They were originally created to walk upright.
(b) They were split in half.
(c) They were not as coordinated walking on all fours.
(d) They taught themselves to walk upright as a survival instinct.
5. According to Phaedrus' story, how could Achilles have avoided death?
(a) By not slaying Agamemnon.
(b) By slaying Hector.
(c) By slaying Agamemnon.
(d) By not slaying Hector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear does Aristophanes have before making his speech?
2. What was Eryximachus' ancestor, Asclepius, an expert in?
3. What does Pausanius think is the true test of a love's class?
4. How does Socrates feel about drinking?
5. What is one of the points that Eryximachus makes with Urania's story?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)