|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, line 190a to 196a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement about music does Eryximachus think is absurd?
(a) Harmony is contradicting.
(b) Melody is contradicting.
(c) Harmony is discord.
(d) Melody is discord.
2. What fear does Aristophanes have before making his speech?
(a) That people will laugh at it.
(b) That people will not enjoy it.
(c) That people will not understand it.
(d) That people will disagree with it.
3. How does Socrates appear when he meets Aristodemus before going to the party?
(a) Wearing sandals, but not bathed.
(b) Bathed, but not in sandals.
(c) Neither bathed nor wearing sandals.
(d) Bathed and in sandals.
4. According to Eryximachus, how many kinds of love exist in the human body?
5. Where is Socrates before entering Agathon's house?
(a) The portico of the neighboring house.
(b) The portico of a house that is two houses away.
(c) The dining room of a house that is two houses away.
(d) The dining room of the neighboring house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eryximachus' suggestion for the flute-girl?
2. In Pausanius' view, who is the father of the youngest goddess of love?
3. Why are the speeches between Phaedrus and Pausanias left out of Aristodemus' account?
4. Why do humans walk upright, according to Aristophanes?
5. In Phaedrus' opinion, which ancient Greek writer agrees with Hesiod's theory?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)