|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, line 190a to 196a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many types of "creatures" does Aristophanes think there were in the beginning of man?
(a) Five types.
(b) Two types.
(c) Four types.
(d) Three types.
2. According to Socrates, who changes proverbs about Agamemnon and Menelaus?
3. How does Eryximachus describe Polyhymnia?
4. What is the purpose of Aristophanes' speech, as he indicates after it is finished?
(a) To make fun of Pausanius, but not Agathon.
(b) To make fun of Agathon, but not Pausanius.
(c) Not to make fun of Agathon and Pausanius.
(d) To make fun of both Agathon and Pausanius.
5. According to Eryximachus, how many kinds of love exist in the human body?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eryximachus' opinion, what can the best physician do?
2. What are the doors like when Aristodemus reaches Agathon's house?
3. With what animal does Aristophanes compare the "man-woman creatures"?
4. What memory does Aristophanes believe humans are supposed to have of their creation?
5. As explained by Phaedrus, how does Orpheus die as a result of his cowardice?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)