|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, line 190a to 196a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Socrates refuse to attend Agathon's sacrifice of victory?
(a) He fears the crowd.
(b) He fears not enough people would be there.
(c) He does not approve of many of the guests.
(d) He does not agree with Agathon's victory.
2. Where is Socrates before entering Agathon's house?
(a) The dining room of a house that is two houses away.
(b) The portico of the neighboring house.
(c) The dining room of the neighboring house.
(d) The portico of a house that is two houses away.
3. What does Eryximachus believe to be the source of pestilence and destruction in nature?
(a) When a season is overtaken by untested love.
(b) When a season is overtaken by violent love.
(c) When a season changes before its time.
(d) When a season refuses to change on time.
4. Which goddess does Pausanius associate with love?
5. Where does Phaedrus think that Achilles was sent after his death?
(c) The Islands of the Blest.
(d) Ionian Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the "man-woman" creatures in Aristophanes' story to become adulterers?
2. According to Aristophanes, why do the "double-man" or "double-woman" creatures marry?
3. What three elements share a harmonious love in nature, as stated by Eryximachus?
4. Whose thoughts inspire the guests to speak about love at the party?
5. Where does Pausanius think the laws are perplexing?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)