|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, line 190a to 196a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Socrates before entering Agathon's house?
(a) The portico of the neighboring house.
(b) The dining room of the neighboring house.
(c) The dining room of a house that is two houses away.
(d) The portico of a house that is two houses away.
2. What example does Pausanius use in explaining the role of tyranny?
3. According to Eryximachus, what elements create rhythm?
(a) Short and medium length.
(b) Short and long.
(c) Medium length and long.
(d) Short, medium length, and long.
4. How many years has Apollodorus been talking with Socrates?
5. In Aristophanes' opinion, how are humans originally shaped?
(a) They are square.
(b) They are the same shape as they are now.
(c) They are round.
(d) They have no definite shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the muse, Urania, described in Eryximachus' speech?
2. Why does Socrates refuse to attend Agathon's sacrifice of victory?
3. Why do humans walk upright, according to Aristophanes?
4. What news does Agathon give to Aristodemus when he arrives?
5. Who is Apollodorus talking with at the beginning of Symposium?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)