|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, line 190a to 196a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear does Aristophanes have before making his speech?
(a) That people will laugh at it.
(b) That people will disagree with it.
(c) That people will not understand it.
(d) That people will not enjoy it.
2. According to Phaedrus, which other motive is able to implant as well as Love?
(d) No other motive.
3. Who requests that Socrates sit near him at the party?
4. What three elements share a harmonious love in nature, as stated by Eryximachus?
(a) Animals, water, and plants.
(b) People, animals, and plants,
(c) People, animals, and water.
(d) People, water, and plants.
5. What is Aristodemus concerned about as he and Socrates go to the party?
(a) That he will not fit in with the other guests.
(b) That he has not been invited.
(c) That he will not be able to stay as long as the other guests.
(d) That he will not be able to give a proper speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Phaedrus, who are Love's parents?
2. What does Eryximachus interpret Heraclitus' words to mean?
3. How many types of "creatures" does Aristophanes think there were in the beginning of man?
4. Besides Apollodorus, to whom else has Aristodemus recounted the events of the party?
5. Who has an argument at the end of Aristophanes' speech?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)