|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, line 214a to 220a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Socrates, who changes proverbs about Agamemnon and Menelaus?
2. What is Socrates doing while the other guests are eating dinner at Agathon's house?
3. How does Diotima think women are helped to give birth?
(a) By looking at beauty.
(b) By ignoring beauty.
(c) By looking at, understanding, and then ignoring beauty.
(d) By understanding beauty.
4. Who has an argument at the end of Aristophanes' speech?
(a) Aristophanes and Agathon.
(b) Socrates, Aristophanes, and Agathon.
(c) Socrates and Agathon.
(d) Socrates and Aristophanes.
5. Why is Aristophanes unable to speak in his scheduled turn?
(a) He cannot remember what he wanted to say.
(b) He has the hiccups.
(c) He is not finished eating.
(d) He has disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Diotima's explanation, what will beasts die to protect?
2. In Phaedrus' opinion, which ancient Greek writer agrees with Hesiod's theory?
3. Which country does Pausanius use as an example of barbarian laws?
4. In Aristophanes' opinion, why do the gods make changes to humans?
5. According to Pausanius, which type of people partake in the physical form of love?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)