|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, line 208a to 214a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the points that Eryximachus makes with Urania's story?
(a) The avoidance of the intemperate.
(b) The acceptance of the temperate.
(c) The avoidance of the temperate.
(d) The acceptance of the intemperate.
2. In Diotima's opinion, what does a potential philosopher learn about beautiful minds?
(a) They have the same importance as beautiful bodies.
(b) They are less important than beautiful bodies.
(c) Neither beautiful minds nor bodies are important.
(d) They are more important than beautiful bodies.
3. What three elements share a harmonious love in nature, as stated by Eryximachus?
(a) People, animals, and plants,
(b) Animals, water, and plants.
(c) People, water, and plants.
(d) People, animals, and water.
4. According to Socrates, what ideas can a man become "pregnant" with?
(a) How to best run a city and the nation.
(b) How to resolve conflict without wars.
(c) How to fight wars.
(d) How to raise children.
5. According to Agathon, who can love capture?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the muse, Urania, described in Eryximachus' speech?
2. What kind of literature does Agathon thank love for inspiring?
3. As explained by Socrates, what is the drive for immortality related to?
4. As explained by Diotima, how many people is a young person initially attracted to?
5. As Agathon explains, where does love bring people together?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)