|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, line 208a to 214a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Diotima, how many people does a young person eventually become attracted to?
2. In Agathon's opinion, how does love win?
(a) By force, never by persuasion.
(b) Mainly by force, and sometimes by persuasion.
(c) Mainly by persuasion, and sometimes by force.
(d) By persuasion, never by force.
3. How does Eryximachus define astronomy?
(a) The study of the stars and their agreement with love.
(b) The study of the stars and their opposition to love.
(c) The study of how the stars affect love.
(d) The study of how love orders the stars.
4. As used in Eryximachus' speech, what does the word "licentiousness" mean?
(a) Containing incomprehensible restraints.
(b) Containing too much restraint.
(c) Imposing restraint.
(d) Lacking restraint.
5. According to Agathon, who can love capture?
Short Answer Questions
1. As explained by Socrates, what is the drive for immortality related to?
2. What does Eryximachus interpret Heraclitus' words to mean?
3. What reason does Socrates give for why people fight in wars?
4. According to Eryximachus, how many kinds of love exist in the human body?
5. On what point do Socrates and Agathon agree?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)