|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, line 208a to 214a.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diotima think a young person should interact with beautiful minds?
(a) Only gain knowledge from them.
(b) Only give ideas to them.
(c) Neither gain knowledge nor give ideas to them.
(d) Exchange knowledge and ideas with them.
2. What advice does Eryximachus give to Aristophanes before speaking in Part 3?
(a) To eat faster.
(b) To hold his breath.
(c) To stop disappearing.
(d) To write down his thoughts from now on.
3. What was Eryximachus' ancestor, Asclepius, an expert in?
(a) Gymnastic and husbandry.
(b) Neither gymnastic nor husbandry.
(c) Gymnastic, but not husbandry.
(d) Husbandry, but not gymnastic.
4. In Diotima's opinion, what does a potential philosopher learn about beautiful minds?
(a) They are less important than beautiful bodies.
(b) They are more important than beautiful bodies.
(c) Neither beautiful minds nor bodies are important.
(d) They have the same importance as beautiful bodies.
5. What kind of literature does Agathon thank love for inspiring?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eryximachus say about his omission of certain things in his speech?
2. What reason does Socrates give for why people fight in wars?
3. What statement about music does Eryximachus think is absurd?
4. How does Homer describe love's feet in the passage quoted by Agathon?
5. In Agathon's opinion, what does love compel people to do?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)