|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The more the selves learn about Sybil, the more ________.
2. How does Marcia attempt to make money?
3. Reluctantly, Dr. Wilbur gives Sybil what drug?
4. What does Mike dislike about looking like a woman?
5. What is unique about Sybil's case of multiple personalities?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the selves, at some points, work together?
2. What is interesting to learn about the selves and their views of religion?
3. How does Sybil feel as she learns more and more about the personalities?
4. What does Willard Dorsett finally admit to Dr. Wilbur and Sybil?
5. What does Willard do to atone for all the damage that Sybil has suffered through?
6. What are Sybil's multiple personalities for her? To other people they may not seem normal.
7. Why does Sybil refuse to tell Ramon about her multiple personality disorder?
8. What does Dr. Wilbur finally get Sybil to admit?
9. What does Dr. Wilbur feel about meeting Sybil's father?
10. How does Dr. Wilbur finally create a calm environment for Sybil to meet the other selves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Sybil's relationships with the following men:
2. Compare and Contrast Sybil's relationship to teddy to her relationship with Ramon. Is it more important to Sybil that her romantic interests know about her other selves? Why or Why not? Use specific examples to justify your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Sybil creates Sid & Mike to represent the only men she has ever known.
-Describe Sid & Mike.
- How do the boys change as they are aged by Dr. Wilbur.
- Why are Sid & Mike so concerned with retaining their manhood?
-How do they resemble the demasculinization of Sybil's father?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Sybil resemble her mother?
How can the two women have similarities after the treatment Hattie inflicted upon Sybil? How does this resemblance negatively affect Sybil?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)