|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luckily, what is Sybil beginning to realize?
2. What does the integration of the selves allow Sybil?
3. Where does Sybil almost drown?
4. By this point in the book, how many personalities has Dr. Wilbur met?
5. What could hinder Sybil's integration?
Short Essay Questions
1. After receiving medication from Dr. Wilbur, what does Sybil experience?
2. What does Dr. Wilbur feel about meeting Sybil's father?
3. By the time that Dr. Wilbur has met many of the selves, Sybil has met none of them. Why is Sybil so reluctant to meet the other selves?
4. While Dr. Wilbur and Sybil have several conversations about religion, Sybil is still hesitant to let religion in her life. Why is this?
5. Why do the boy personalities have such difficulty accepting they are a part of Sybil?
6. How does Sybil feel as she learns more and more about the personalities?
7. What makes Marcia break down and cry?
8. What happens to Dr. Wilbur and Sybil after Sybil's healing?
9. What does Willard Dorsett finally admit to Dr. Wilbur and Sybil?
10. How does Dr. Willard pressure Willard to help Sybil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and Contrast one set of the following personalities:
1. Mike & Sid
2. Sybil Ann & Clara
3. Vicky & Nancy
4. Vanessa & Mary
Essay Topic 2
As a society, we often overlook certain traits of presumably respectable people. How do the following people overlook or ignore Hattie's "add" behavior throughout her life?
- Grandma Dorsett
- The Dorsetts' neighbors
- Hattie's family
Essay Topic 3
Sybil's relationship with Dr. Wilbur greatly changes both women's lives.
1. In what ways does Dr. Wilbur's relationship with Sybil go beyond a simple patient/doctor relationship?
2. How does Sybil's case change Dr. Wilbur's career?
3. Obviously, Dr Wilbur changes Sybil's life by helping her integrate her selves. But how does Dr. Wilbur's friendship change Sybil's life?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)